What was the last concert/show you went to?

Aww man... it was surreal seeing my friends in Endless Battle headline the Whisky on the same stage that one of my musical idols, Jim Morrison, performed on. And then the time we spent chilling outside afterwards- well, let's just say, ain't nothing like the Sunset Strip in the wee hours of the morning. Well, Hollywood in general, really. Did I mention this is Gay Pride Weekend? Hundreds of flamboyant homosexuals amassed in downtown L.A. Crazy shit, all of it.

Looks like Project Pitchfork is a no go. My friend doesn't care for them and he can't get off work.

We're definitely going to Lords of Acid and Thrill Kill Kult next month though. Should be fun.

About an hour ago...

photo-22.jpg

They started with a VH1-like 'Behind the Murder' documentary with a bunch of new clips about their 25 years and clips from their previous video releases.
I know I'm getting older, as are they [though I don't know how long scumdogs live], but it seems like their shows are becoming less of a spectacle and less engaging since the first time I saw them in 92 or 93. Then again, that one would be hard to beat - Gor Gor, the crapapult, Techno Destructo, about 15 people on a tiny stage, and awesome songs that I was really familiar with...Also, maybe my old ears are feeling it, but the last two times I've seen them, the sound seems to have been mixed very poorly, I could barely make out what Oderous was saying/singing - even when he was just talking.
But still, they're worth a see, and I got back in the pit for the first time in a long time. There weren't any real dickheads in it, and it was good fun. I've been listening to the newest album pretty steady the last couple days and I'm getting a deeper appreciation of it. It's not Scumdogs or even We Kill Everything, but neither is it Carnival of Chaos or Beyond Hell.

that stage looks small, did they do the usual bring out Something and kill it on stage then douse the audience in blood

It was a small stage - according to the venue's website, "The stage is 21' deep, 25' wide & 4' high. The Lincoln Theatre is a historic movie house. The main room dimensions are 38' wide X 100' deep and 25' high clear span ceilings." Props and kits took up a lot of that space.

Yes, yes they did. They killed
GWAR slaves, Cardinal Syn, Michael Jackson, Barack Obama, a dog/child mutation, and General Zog

Well I'm going to a few of Iron Maiden's Final Frontier Concerts.

I also remember how much of a good time I had when I went to a whole shitload of Van Halen's 2007 and 2008 tour concerts.

Just realized. I love music. I love video games. Should I make video game music?

[quote name='Mr.Zurkon']Well I'm going to a few of Iron Maiden's Final Frontier Concerts.

[/QUOTE]

I'm planning on going to the Cleveland/Cuyahoga Falls one next month. Despite all the concerts I have attended I have not yet had a chance to see Iron Maiden I can't wait! :bouncy::D

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I'm planning on going to the Cleveland/Cuyahoga Falls one next month. Despite all the concerts I have attended I have not yet had a chance to see Iron Maiden I can't wait! :bouncy::D[/QUOTE]

I can't say this is the best tour to see them on because it's A LOT of newer stuff, but they are fantastic live. I saw them at Ozzfest 5ish years ago when they had that whole feud or whatever with Ozzy. I saw them earlier on the tour so there were no problems. That Ozzfest had Black Sabbath closing, and I absolutely love Sabbath, moreso than Iron Maiden, but IM completely blew them out of the water. That was one of the best performances I've ever seen live.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I'm planning on going to the Cleveland/Cuyahoga Falls one next month. Despite all the concerts I have attended I have not yet had a chance to see Iron Maiden I can't wait! :bouncy::D[/QUOTE]

Seeing the Chicago Show. \m/ \m/
Saw the Somewhere Back in Time tour, and it was as good, if not better than the Powerslave/World Slavery shows I saw back in '85 (Yes I'm that old)

My boss is ticked that they are not doing as many classics, but I'm looking forward to seeing some of the newer stuff live.

Up The Irons!

[quote name='tcrash247']I can't say this is the best tour to see them on because it's A LOT of newer stuff, but they are fantastic live. I saw them at Ozzfest 5ish years ago when they had that whole feud or whatever with Ozzy. I saw them earlier on the tour so there were no problems. That Ozzfest had Black Sabbath closing, and I absolutely love Sabbath, moreso than Iron Maiden, but IM completely blew them out of the water. That was one of the best performances I've ever seen live.[/QUOTE]

It is a large amount of newer stuff but I like most of new tracks they are playing. Granted, I would love to see The Trooper, Aces High, Phantom of the Opera, The Evil That Men Do, Infinite Dreams, Moonchild, Powerslave, Die With Your Boots on, Caught Somewhere in Time, Where eagles dare, The Prisoner, etc. However, I have missed them too many times and finally I have the means of going this year.

I'm skipping Maiden because its mostly newer stuff, which...while cool....is not why I'd drop $100+ per ticket. If they can't not do their older stuff, then they need to expand their set by 1/2 an hour.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Cracktoberfest

Which was Leftover Crack (third time in a year), Toxic Narcotic, I Object, and Millions of Dead Cops.

Was all the way back in October though, so I've been in a bit of a lull.[/QUOTE]

I was at that show. They had a similar show over the summer in which Morning Glory band; crackrock band that predates LOC, performed. They opened with a cover of the spongebob theme song.

Last show I went to was...maybe a month ago. At the Knitting Factory in Brooklyn I saw the Hub City Stompers. Great hardcore ska band. I tore it up with the old FSU crew. NYC Hardcore lives on!

This was month or two ago, but I went to see Cage the Elephant and they were terrible. I did discover a new band though: Morning Teleportation. They were awesome

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I went to Coachella and saw these bands,

P.O.S.
Deer Tick
The Avett Brothers
She & Him
The Specials
Them Crooked Vultures
Echo & The Bunnymen
LCD Soundsystem
Vampire Weekend
Jay-Z
Fever Ray
Girls
White Rabbits
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
The xx
Hot Chip
MGMT
The Dead Weather
Devo
The Soft Pack
King Khan & The Shrines
Deerhunter
De La Soul
Matt & Kim
Florence + The Machine
Yo La Tengo
Jónsi
Spoon
Pavement
Atoms For Peace
Gorillaz

It was the best weekend of my life.[/QUOTE]

The specials are one of the best ska bands of all time. I highly recommend.

Matt & Kim used to live two buildings down from me. I went to see them perform all the time on their roof before they got big. He actually showed me a few tricks on keyboard. Cool folks

Saw The Brian Jonestown Massacre here in Frisco at the Fillmore. fucking amazing show. Also saw The Psychedelic Furs about two weeks ago. Great stuff.

[quote name='tcrash247']Just got back from Faith No More in Philly, awesome show. Mike Patton is the man.[/QUOTE]

GAH. Some friends told me about that show, and I'm not moving to Philly until early/mid-August, so I'm super disappointed to have missed that.

I hope to be in town to see Boris and/or Sleep, though.

OK Go and The Cab - The Cab, as a local band, were kind of meh. Didn't really get them, their schtick, or really anything out of them and their performance. They epitomize 2000s pop punk sound, you know Yellowcard, The Academy Is..., Plain White T's, Starting Line, Sugarcult, etc. Very uninspired. Ok Go killed it at their performance. They are great to see live. I will continue to support them, especially now that they are independent. Mid-way through the concert they actually played in the pool where they were playing, played these giant bells (the name of this instrument escapes me), and just all around went through their songs/hits, other material and some new material they are working on.

[quote name='mykevermin']GAH. Some friends told me about that show, and I'm not moving to Philly until early/mid-August, so I'm super disappointed to have missed that.

I hope to be in town to see Boris and/or Sleep, though.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to miss Sleep and I'm MEGA pissed about that.

[quote name='mykevermin']GAH. Some friends told me about that show, and I'm not moving to Philly until early/mid-August, so I'm super disappointed to have missed that.

I hope to be in town to see Boris and/or Sleep, though.[/QUOTE]

SLEEP 9/7 -- Philadelphia, PA -- Starlight Ballroom (on my birthday no less) :lol:

I really wish there was an Ohio date, this is one of the top ten bands I would love to see.

My last show was

June 23rd The Melvins up in Cleveland at the Grog Shop.

Overall, it was a head and ears ringing show the duel drumming is a sight to be seen. The Melvins is either a band you get or you don't get there is no middle ground. First time I caught them since they played with Primus many moons ago. They have certainly changed since then but still kick much ass live!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hiccupleftovers']OK Go and The Cab - The Cab, as a local band, were kind of meh. Didn't really get them, their schtick, or really anything out of them and their performance. They epitomize 2000s pop punk sound, you know Yellowcard, The Academy Is..., Plain White T's, Starting Line, Sugarcult, etc. Very uninspired. Ok Go killed it at their performance. They are great to see live. I will continue to support them, especially now that they are independent. Mid-way through the concert they actually played in the pool where they were playing, played these giant bells (the name of this instrument escapes me), and just all around went through their songs/hits, other material and some new material they are working on.[/QUOTE]
I love the cab

[quote name='pinebarrens']Saw Offspring on July 3rd and Tool on June 25th[/QUOTE]

Oh, I hate you. Was Intolerance awesome to witness live?

My last show was the Melvins on June 24th in Detroit/Hamtramck at Smalls. They absolutely destroyed live like they always do.

Upcoming shows for me are:
High On Fire July 18th
Boris August 10th
Mondo Generator August 17th
Slayer/Megadeth August 19th
Fu Manchu September 8th

It's going to be a great summer.

[quote name='deadwalker']My last show was the Melvins on June 24th in Detroit/Hamtramck at Smalls. They absolutely destroyed live like they always do.

High On Fire July 18th
Boris August 10th
Fu Manchu September 8th

It's going to be a great summer.[/QUOTE]

Melvins were fucking killer at The Grog Shop in Cleveland Heights the night before too!

Where is the High on Fire and Boris shows?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='deadwalker']My last show was the Melvins on June 24th in Detroit/Hamtramck at Smalls. They absolutely destroyed live like they always do.

High On Fire July 18th
Boris August 10th
Fu Manchu September 8th

It's going to be a great summer.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see the Melvins you lucky spitfuck.

[quote name='mykevermin']Looks like Detroit for all of 'em, evildeadjedi.

No excuse for you not to go, then, right?[/QUOTE]

I have an aversion to the city of eternal stink aka "Detriot". I'm sure HOF will make it down to Ohio again soon though.

Boris is going to be here:

8/11/2010 Southgate House - Newport, KY w/ Russian Circles

Newport is practically Cincy, so that works out well! :applause:

In the next few months I've got:
7/9 - 311, The Offspring, Pepper - Jones Beach
7/30 - Primus, Gogol Bordello - Williamsburg Waterfront
8/28 - Street Sweeper Social Club - Governor's Island
9/4 - STP - Jones Beach

311/Offspring last night at dte energy music theater in clarkston michigan (detroit area).

High energy, 311 rocked as always, offspring was playing the same set they have for the last 3 years.

All in all, it was a good day. except the stupid security guard who made us go from the pavillion to the lawn to burn down.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I have an aversion to the city of eternal stink aka "Detriot". I'm sure HOF will make it down to Ohio again soon though.

Boris is going to be here:

8/11/2010 Southgate House - Newport, KY w/ Russian Circles

Newport is practically Cincy, so that works out well! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I lived in the 'port for 4 years after living in Cincy for 2. I know Southgate well.

In fact, I think I'll be living in Newport from 8/1-8/14 before I head to Philly, so I'll still be able to see them!

[quote name='mykevermin']I lived in the 'port for 4 years after living in Cincy for 2. I know Southgate well.

In fact, I think I'll be living in Newport from 8/1-8/14 before I head to Philly, so I'll still be able to see them![/QUOTE]

What's Southgate like? I'm going to try to make that show if I have the money.

6Jgvql.jpg

They were fantastic as always, and it was cool to hear them play one of their new Ugly Casanova songs (Here's To Now), but it was the absolute worst crowd I've ever been in.

311/The Offspring last night. I used to be a huge Offspring fan during Ixnay, Smash and Americana but not so much anymore. They were just ok. 311 was awesome, they played a lot of good and different stuff. I was psyched to hear Livin' and Rockin'.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']What's Southgate like? I'm going to try to make that show if I have the money.[/QUOTE]

I like its character as a building. It can be a bit small, but I doubt the crowd for Boris will be that huge.

Drinks are a bit high - $2.50 for PBR or High Life? Oh well.

You should go to Boris. I will (for sure now) be in NKY for two weeks in early August, so I'll be going to that show for sure.

Also not music, but Doug Stanhope is performing at Southgate in November. Wish I could check that show out.

[quote name='pete5883']In the next few months I've got:
7/9 - 311, The Offspring, Pepper - Jones Beach
7/30 - Primus, Gogol Bordello - Williamsburg Waterfront
8/28 - Street Sweeper Social Club - Governor's Island
9/4 - STP - Jones Beach[/QUOTE]

I will be at that primus gogol show.

[quote name='mykevermin']I like its character as a building. It can be a bit small, but I doubt the crowd for Boris will be that huge.

Drinks are a bit high - $2.50 for PBR or High Life? Oh well.

You should go to Boris. I will (for sure now) be in NKY for two weeks in early August, so I'll be going to that show for sure.

Also not music, but Doug Stanhope is performing at Southgate in November. Wish I could check that show out.[/QUOTE]

Both those beers suck anyways.

I'm seeing Bomb The Music Industry at some shitty hipster venue in Williamsburg the 22nd.

bread's done
Back