What was the last concert/show you went to?

[quote name='tcrash247']311/The Offspring last night. I used to be a huge Offspring fan during Ixnay, Smash and Americana but not so much anymore. They were just ok. 311 was awesome, they played a lot of good and different stuff. I was psyched to hear Livin' and Rockin'.[/QUOTE]
They played the goddamn Transistor intro, for the first time in 4 years, the other night in Massachusetts. So pissed.

Saw Weird Al on Saturday. We were in the front row. He also came out into the audience during "I Wanna Be Your Lover" and my husband did a sexy dance right next to him. I dare anyone to beat that.

[quote name='mykevermin']I like its character as a building. It can be a bit small, but I doubt the crowd for Boris will be that huge.

Drinks are a bit high - $2.50 for PBR or High Life? Oh well.

You should go to Boris. I will (for sure now) be in NKY for two weeks in early August, so I'll be going to that show for sure.

Also not music, but Doug Stanhope is performing at Southgate in November. Wish I could check that show out.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay one of those places that sounds cool. I'm going to try to make it but not sure about funds.

The show on definitely my radar though is American Carnage in October at The LC in Columbus. Anthrax with Belladonna, Megadeath playing all of RIP, and Slayer playing all of Seasons sign me the fuck up!! It's Clash of the Titans in 2010!!! I was going to go to the first leg in Aug up at Tower City in Cleveland with Testament but, I have not seen Anthrax in over a decade and don't believe ever with Belladonna.

Went to Warped Tour in Mansfield, MA on Tuesday and saw a pretty decent assortment of bands.

Just got back from a Weezer concert at Foxwoods in Connecticut. Rivers is in a league all of his own when it comes to getting a crowd going.

Green DAy/The Bravery last July at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Going to see them again (with AFI :/) this August at the DTE in Clarkston.

Took a trip to Denver to see The Dead Weather. Tue show was fantastic. A local band called Snake Rattle Rattle Snake opened for them and I really enjoyed them.

Went and saw Ludacris and Three 6 Mafia at Common Ground Festival in Lansing, MI on Saturday. Crowd wasn't terribly into Three 6, but going crazy for Luda.

Iron Maiden with Dream Theater last night in Chicago.
Surprised by Dream Theater, 6th time seeing Maiden.
Great show overall.
Maiden is taking flack for mostly doing recent (post 2000) material, but I enjoyed it a ton.

Went to a local show on Saturday for LVNGS, but ended up missing their set. Pretty sure the last time I drove out of Dayton was to see Why? in Cinci. I'm hoping to get tickets to Godspeed! You Black Emperor whenever they go on sale.

Went to the Pitchfork Music Festival last weekend. Obvious notables were LCD Soundsystem and Pavement. Both blew me away, but didn't play for nearly long enough, thanks to the shitty festival format.

Also, Panda Bear secured the "BORING AS fuck" award, so congratulations to him. (Runner-Up: Big Boi.)

Just got back from Lords of Acid with Thrill Kill Kult. Never have I seen so much boobs in a concert and that was only first two minutes of the LoA set! And it was a 16 and over show!

[quote name='siderealshift']Went to the Pitchfork Music Festival last weekend. Obvious notables were LCD Soundsystem and Pavement. Both blew me away, but didn't play for nearly long enough, thanks to the shitty festival format.

Also, Panda Bear secured the "BORING AS fuck" award, so congratulations to him. (Runner-Up: Big Boi.)[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to go, so I watched the stream. LCD Soundsystem was amazing! Big Boi ran the music videos for the songs with live audio, completely negating the point of having the stream. Worst of all was Pavement, who didn't allow themselves to be filmed. It was very last-minute, because they were advertised to be the last band on the stream up until about halfway through Big Boi's set. It's rumored that one of the band members had a problem with one of Pitchfork's editors, so they pulled the plug on the stream. So that sucked.

[quote name='bardockkun']Just got back from Lords of Acid with Thrill Kill Kult. Never have I seen so much boobs in a concert and that was only first two minutes of the LoA set! And it was a 16 and over show![/QUOTE]

I'm debating on whether to go to that tomorrow.

My friend is weasleling out at the last minute, and I don't want to deal with parking. I don't even think I've listened to LoA for over 7 years!

[quote name='siderealshift']Went to the Pitchfork Music Festival last weekend. Obvious notables were LCD Soundsystem and Pavement. Both blew me away, but didn't play for nearly long enough, thanks to the shitty festival format.
[/QUOTE]
I felt the same way about Coachella. LCD only played 8 songs which wasn't enough, and I wished that Pavement would have kept playing forever.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Went and saw Ludacris and Three 6 Mafia at Common Ground Festival in Lansing, MI on Saturday. Crowd wasn't terribly into Three 6, but going crazy for Luda.[/QUOTE]

Is it because Three 6 Mafia sucked live, or that they just don't care?

I saw Meat Loaf last week at Nikon in NJ, it wasn't too bad but he's getting a little too old to still be performing. His voice is a little too low, and he missed quite a few of his good songs. Still, it was worth going to.

I went to Star Wars Live Tuesdays night in Hershey, PA. Really awesome show, i enjoyed the hell out of it. The orchestra sounded so good you'd think it was a recording playing the music.

[quote name='2DMention']I'm debating on whether to go to that tomorrow.

My friend is weasleling out at the last minute, and I don't want to deal with parking. I don't even think I've listened to LoA for over 7 years![/QUOTE]
Their new singer is hot. Be warned that their keyboardist is the best worst keyboardist I've ever seen. Meaning he played keyboard only...4 seconds total in the set? Rest of the time he was literally knocking things over, trying to push the bassist into the crowd, pushing the dominatrix into the crowd, etc. etc. Plus my friend's car broke down so she couldn't make it, but I went on my own. Eitherway it was a good show.

Going to Electric Zoo at Randalls Island in early Sep, main eventers are Chemical Brothers on day 1 and John Digweed on day two.

Then Oct 6 I'm seeing Roger Water perform the Wall live at MSG!

I've been unlucky and had to miss out on many shows this and last month but August looks promising.
Porcupine Tree will be in Michigan playing with some others I don't care for. PT is pretty much my favorite existing band besides Agalloch so I'm way overexcited. I'm also considering seeing Aerosmith late next month. Megadeth and Slayer and Testament are here too but then come back a month or two later so I'll wait for them then.

[quote name='the_punisher']I saw Meat Loaf last week at Nikon in NJ, it wasn't too bad but he's getting a little too old to still be performing. His voice is a little too low, and he missed quite a few of his good songs. Still, it was worth going to.[/QUOTE]
Where's the Nikon in NJ?

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']I've been unlucky and had to miss out on many shows this and last month but August looks promising.
Porcupine Tree will be in Michigan playing with some others I don't care for. PT is pretty much my favorite existing band besides Agalloch so I'm way overexcited. I'm also considering seeing Aerosmith late next month. Megadeth and Slayer and Testament are here too but then come back a month or two later so I'll wait for them then.[/QUOTE]

Is that PT date a Coheed & Cambria less show I know there is a PT date up in Cleveland in Aug and then a Coheed and someone else date in Columbus also in Aug. I would like to see PT but, not too crazy about C&C. Megadeath, Slayer and Anthrax will be the show in a couple months so if you like Anthrax more than Testament that will be the one to attend (plus it will probably be in a indoor venue instead of outdoor. Megadeath will still be playing all of RIP and Slayer will still be playing all of Seasons in the Abyss.

Yes Coheed and Cambrea will be there unfortunately. On the flip side maybe I can get some of my more poser friends to join and have their mind blown. For the metal concert my main interest is Megadeth. Slayer is fine with me and though I'd probably enjoy Testament more I can still be alright with Anthrax.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Yes Coheed and Cambrea will be there unfortunately. On the flip side maybe I can get some of my more poser friends to join and have their mind blown. For the metal concert my main interest is Megadeth. Slayer is fine with me and though I'd probably enjoy Testament more I can still be alright with Anthrax.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. I like both Testament and Anthrax but, because of Anthrax's first three albums I think they're better. Testament though has been fairly consistent on producing good albums. Another thing I think is cool with Anthrax this is the exact same line up as Clash of the Titans '91 (minus Alice in Chains opening).

Saw Rebelution at Seacrets in Ocean City, pretty cool show except some dancer guy who was dancing all over the place. There was also some old guy with a ferrari hat, short green shorts, and a green rhinestone ed hardy shirt doing a two step lol. I tried to get my friend to take a video with his iphone but no one wanted to lose our spots right in front of the stage.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I wasn't able to go, so I watched the stream. LCD Soundsystem was amazing! Big Boi ran the music videos for the songs with live audio, completely negating the point of having the stream. Worst of all was Pavement, who didn't allow themselves to be filmed. It was very last-minute, because they were advertised to be the last band on the stream up until about halfway through Big Boi's set. It's rumored that one of the band members had a problem with one of Pitchfork's editors, so they pulled the plug on the stream. So that sucked.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know that about Pavement's performance. They were definitely showing recorded material up on the big screens, and I figured that was what was going up on the stream. Man, I feel especially lucky now. I was about six rows back in a veritable sea of people (seriously, hipsters as far as the eye could see), right in front of Malkmus:

IMG_0237-small.jpg

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I felt the same way about Coachella. LCD only played 8 songs which wasn't enough, and I wished that Pavement would have kept playing forever.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. LCD really impressed. I mean, I knew going in that it was going to be awesome, but I had no idea that it was going to be THAT awesome. They played almost every song I wanted to hear (but then again, they could have played ANYTHING and it would have been a song I wanted to hear). I was one sweaty motherfucker after that performance, to be sure.

[quote name='rabbitt']Lightning Bolt tonight.[/QUOTE]

Also saw these guys at Pitchfork. Holy shit.

[quote name='siderealshift']

Also saw these guys at Pitchfork. Holy shit.[/QUOTE]

That's what I said. I got pushed to the front row for their finale and got to witness that madness on the drums unobstructed.

[quote name='siderealshift']Wow, I didn't know that about Pavement's performance. They were definitely showing recorded material up on the big screens, and I figured that was what was going up on the stream. Man, I feel especially lucky now. I was about six rows back in a veritable sea of people (seriously, hipsters as far as the eye could see), right in front of Malkmus:

[/QUOTE]

I'm positive it was Kannberg. Pitchfork really seems to have it out for him.

The last concert I went to was Shinedown, Theory Of A Deadman and No Address at a little local yokel place that was later on renovated to become an emergency vet, which itself later on closed down.

I think it was like $10 for a pre-sale ticket or $15-20 at the door for 3 really good bands and like 5-6 hours worth of music.

Before that was Woodstock 1994, but I was working/drunk(pretty much at the same time lol) during that one.

Dave Matthews Band in Atlanta last night.

Great show, was my 13th time seeing them dating back to 1996. Probably the 2nd best show of theirs I've seen, behind the 6/20 show last year in Pittsburgh. Shame they're taking next year off as they're really on fire and sounding better than they every have IMO. But maybe they'll be even better in 2012 after finally getting a break.

Just got tickets to Ozzfest on 8/17
Could not pass up $10 lawn tix. Taking my son \m/ \m/
Tho I have to disown him, he wouldn't go to Iron Maiden, but wants to see Motley Crue.

[quote name='csidegamer']Just got tickets to Ozzfest on 8/17
Could not pass up $10 lawn tix. Taking my son \m/ \m/
Tho I have to disown him, he wouldn't go to Iron Maiden, but wants to see Motley Crue.[/QUOTE]

Ozzfest this year is an extreme disappointment to me. I wanted to be super excited after hearing it was a limited tour and one of the stops was only 10 minutes from my house, in Camden, NJ, but the lineup kills it. I hate Halford/Judas Priest and Motley Crue. In my opinion, this is one of the worst lineups ever for Ozzfest. I wasn't aware Motley Crue was metal.

And I agree, disowning him for not liking Maiden but liking Crue is understandable.

[quote name='tcrash247']Ozzfest this year is an extreme disappointment to me. I wanted to be super excited after hearing it was a limited tour and one of the stops was only 10 minutes from my house, in Camden, NJ, but the lineup kills it. I hate Halford/Judas Priest and Motley Crue. In my opinion, this is one of the worst lineups ever for Ozzfest. I wasn't aware Motley Crue was metal.

And I agree, disowning him for not liking Maiden but liking Crue is understandable.[/QUOTE]

Figured $10 was worth it to see Ozzy before he "retires", the rest of the lineup I either never heard of, or have seen before.

It gets me out of the house for a day with my son, who's 20, and according to my wife, will move out way to soon. ;)

bread's done
Back