What was the last concert/show you went to?

The last concert I went was Tool which was the most amazing expierence of my life! I also saw Dream Theater which is my favorite band and I'm going to Rush on the 25!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']From "causeofdeath" from the METALSETLISTS.com forum http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14588

Show was fucking incredible. made the mistake of waiting till the end to get merch, and all that was left was a note that said "Everything sold out, smoke weed thank you philly!" hahahah. we definately got a better set than brooklyn, they played atleast 3/4ths of dopesmoker
GRIN.gif

Not in correct order, but basically right, songs played:

Dopesmoker intro (cuts off before drop out of life bit)
Holy Mountain
SONIC TITAN!!
Dragonaut
MORE Dopesmoker
Evil Gypsy/Soloman's Theme
Aquarian
even MORE dopesmoker
Nain's Baptism
Inside the Sun
a little MORE Dopesmoker!
The Druid
From Beyond
A lot more Dopesmoker (proceeds the weedan bit + a little more)

--------

The end part of Dopesmoker
Antarticans Thawed
Cultivator Intro
Improved Merris

show was fucking incredible. im almost positive this was right. might be a little iffy on some parts. but all those dopesmoker parts were definately played. i cant believe i got to see the sleep and floor reunions this summer, not to mention boris. fuck yeah. i really hope they come back around. the set was about an hour and 45 minutes, and totally worth it, they also had some awesome visuals. starlight balroom is a great place for a show. besides that its in the ghetto.[/QUOTE]

Sonic Titan? Seriously? Wow, I officially hate myself now.

[quote name='tcrash247']Sonic Titan? Seriously? Wow, I officially hate myself now.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya man, I hope by some miracle they play more shows in the future.

I Got my friend tickets to see Kele (of Bloc Party); Does It Offend You, Yeah? and Innerpartysystem for her Birthday. Though really we went to see DIOYY? but only downside was the lead singer, James Rushent was sick so he couldn't make it. With what they lacked for in having a lead singer they made up for in pure energy. Jesus they were awesome and their new bassist, Chloe Duveaux is cute as hell. Afterward we caught up with their new guitarist and told him how awesome the show was and he signed our tickets. Didn't stay for Kele though since my friend wasn't too much of a fan and it was kinda her Birthday gift and all...

[quote name='bardockkun']I Got my friend tickets to see Kele (of Bloc Party); Does It Offend You, Yeah? and Innerpartysystem for her Birthday. Though really we went to see DIOYY? but only downside was the lead singer, James Rushent was sick so he couldn't make it. With what they lacked for in having a lead singer they made up for in pure energy. Jesus they were awesome and their new bassist, Chloe Duveaux is cute as hell. Afterward we caught up with their new guitarist and told him how awesome the show was and he signed our tickets. Didn't stay for Kele though since my friend wasn't too much of a fan and it was kinda her Birthday gift and all...[/QUOTE]
I was at this show in NY, and I agree on all counts.

I just went to the DEFTONES show last night at The House of Blues, Cleveland, OH. The show was high energy, the sound was crisp. Overall fucking awesome. the opening band This Will Destroy You, kicked ass too.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']The level of jealousy I have for you can't be measured by conventional means especially since the show was on my birthday. :( However, I would love to hear about it. :)[/QUOTE]

sorry for not following up, i was out of town for a few days. anyway, the post you found w/ the setlist is far more knowledgable than i would have been.

EDIT: Also, their merch was kinda 'eh,' in terms of design, though I'm not shocked it sold out.

[quote name='mykevermin']sorry for not following up, i was out of town for a few days. anyway, the post you found w/ the setlist is far more knowledgable than i would have been.

EDIT: Also, their merch was kinda 'eh,' in terms of design, though I'm not shocked it sold out.[/QUOTE]

No problem, I figured as much, I think it's just cause it's hard to find their merch. Pretty much the only shirt I have seen of them is the one with the Holy Mountain cover on the front. How was the turnout?

[quote name='bardockkun']Was James not sick during those dates? Curious what the setlist was like since here they had to play all the instrumental tracks (along with some new stuff). Only ones where there were vocals here We Are Rockstars, Doomed Now and We Are The Dead.[/QUOTE]
James wasn't at my show either. I think Matt mentioned it at the beginning but I couldn't hear him too well, and I didn't even realize it until after. This is strange, but I think the show might actually have been better because he wasn't there. It meant they had to play only the loud dancey songs instead of anything slow. Not that I don't like those slower songs, but without them the show is a lot more exciting.

Oh god, Matt used to date Kelly Osbourne. Bizarre.

[quote name='pete5883']James wasn't at my show either. I think Matt mentioned it at the beginning but I couldn't hear him too well, and I didn't even realize it until after. This is strange, but I think the show might actually have been better because he wasn't there. It meant they had to play only the loud dancey songs instead of anything slow. Not that I don't like those slower songs, but without them the show is a lot more exciting.

Oh god, Matt used to date Kelly Osbourne. Bizarre.[/QUOTE]
First ew on the dating Kelly Osbourne thing.

Second was I was skeptic on hearing their mostly dancey, no vocal songs (since I was eager as hell to hear "Let's Make Out" and "Epic Last Song"), but yeah I was sold on them not having James after the first song and they announced it, but kept on going with the energy. I Just felt kinda sorry for Matt because it seemed like he was really nervous in having to be the one to tell everyone there's no singer since he did it after every song, but yeah I didn't mind. I Just hope I can get the full experience in seeing full band and be better judge of things though.

Oh and he was REALLY nice when I met him and he seemed a bit surprised and flattered when me and my friend approached him for an autograph. Though he also gets points for stage diving during We Are Rockstars and the crowd loved it.

[quote name='bardockkun']First ew on the dating Kelly Osbourne thing.

Second was I was skeptic on hearing their mostly dancey, no vocal songs (since I was eager as hell to hear "Let's Make Out" and "Epic Last Song"), but yeah I was sold on them not having James after the first song and they announced it, but kept on going with the energy. I Just felt kinda sorry for Matt because it seemed like he was really nervous in having to be the one to tell everyone there's no singer since he did it after every song, but yeah I didn't mind. I Just hope I can get the full experience in seeing full band and be better judge of things though.

Oh and he was REALLY nice when I met him and he seemed a bit surprised and flattered when me and my friend approached him for an autograph. Though he also gets points for stage diving during We Are Rockstars and the crowd loved it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was really looking forward to hearing LMO, so that was a disappointment, but I've read that they never play Epic Last Song so I didn't have my hopes up for it. We were looking at the setlist before they started and saw "LAST SONG" at the bottom. We got really excited.... but then they played We Are Rockstars, which I'm sure is always their last song... We were also trying to figure out what "Coldplay Single" meant. That one was fun.

[quote name='pete5883']Yeah, I was really looking forward to hearing LMO, so that was a disappointment, but I've read that they never play Epic Last Song so I didn't have my hopes up for it. We were looking at the setlist before they started and saw "LAST SONG" at the bottom. We got really excited.... but then they played We Are Rockstars, which I'm sure is always their last song... We were also trying to figure out what "Coldplay Single" meant. That one was fun.[/QUOTE]
I Think in place of "Coldplay single" they put down "Techno" on the setlist sheet after my friend got it from one of the roadies on stage. Plus that's a disappointment that they don't play Epic Last Song. Though I guess We Are Rockstars makes the most sense since it's used in commercials and such.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think in place of "Coldplay single" they put down "Techno" on the setlist sheet after my friend got it from one of the roadies on stage. Plus that's a disappointment that they don't play Epic Last Song. Though I guess We Are Rockstars makes the most sense since it's used in commercials and such.[/QUOTE]
The girl with the setlist was right in front of me, I regret not snatching it out of her hand.

Went to a live taping of Marc Maron's WTF Podcast at Comix in NYC last night. It was hysterical.

Dave Attell, Robert Kelly, Amy Schumer, and some other dudes were the guests.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']
2lvia3d.gif

pDm6il.jpg
oOi4dl.jpg

The Smashing Pumpkins
[/QUOTE]
How was it? Last time I saw them it was at Red Rocks and all Billy Corgan and really rest of the band did was just stand around. They really had no energy or presence, but their songs sounded great live.

Freaking awesome.

Os Mutantes will be here November. With Ariel Pink as a bit of a bonus.

Another group of legends I'll get to see.

[quote name='bardockkun']How was it? Last time I saw them it was at Red Rocks and all Billy Corgan and really rest of the band did was just stand around. They really had no energy or presence, but their songs sounded great live.[/QUOTE]
The first few songs (almost all new songs) were just like you described. After that Billy started really getting into it and interacting with the audience more. The rest of the band pretty much stayed stationary the entire time though. Their encore included Cherub Rock and the epic twenty minute "Gossamer" which was really cool (I caught the pick he threw into the audience during this song). I was a really great show, and it was neat to see them in such a small venue.

Last concert for me? Never actually been to a live concert before. I did win tickets waaaay back in 1984 to see Scandal, but was too young for my parents to allow me to go. Sigh............

There's just Never been any group/band/singer that I was interested enough in paying to go see.

Distant Worlds - Both days at the Davies Symphony Hall in SF. It was epic.

Up next, X Japan on the 28th! Could it possibly be even more epic?!

[quote name='slickkill77']Went to Uproar yesterday. Only went to see Avenged Sevenfold. They did not disappoint. They were ffuck awesome. My ears hurt for a few hours afterward. Every other band was meh/crap. Especially Distrubed. Everything sounded the same.[/QUOTE] Yeah did Disturbed to the montague of songs instead of playing the full song there too? I hated that ish. We left before Disturbed was done. But Avenged more then made up for it. The fact I saw Unholy Confessions live overshadows anything else.

I escaped a close one. My wife's company buys season tickets for a luxury box in the local sports arena every year. In the past we've gone to some great shows, games and events. Paramore was in town recently, and apparently my wife wanted to go, but her company's marketing team took all the tickets. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when she told me that we wouldn't be going to see Paramore.

Atlas Moth/Dark Castle/Zoroaster/Nachtmystium last night.

daaaaaaang. Zoroaster was incredible, Atlas Moth *really* impressed me as a live act, and Dark Castle was impressive in their ability to fill the room with sound, considering they're a two piece.

[quote name='mykevermin']Atlas Moth/Dark Castle/Zoroaster/Nachtmystium last night.

daaaaaaang. Zoroaster was incredible, Atlas Moth *really* impressed me as a live act, and Dark Castle was impressive in their ability to fill the room with sound, considering they're a two piece.[/QUOTE]
Sounds good I still need to see Zoroaster sometime heard great things about them live. Dark Castle is another two piece, it seems like they are popping up in metal a bunch these days!

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Totimoshi
Melvins

Took two hours after doors opening for them to start playing, which was super lame. Melvins were fucking incredible though.[/QUOTE]

Two hours is ridiculous :shock:, WTF did you do play UNO or text people?

Melvins are awesome live I saw this show back in June up in Cleveland.

Not much of a fan of rap, but went and saw B.o.B. after being amazed last time I saw him live opening for Lupe Fiasco. Didn't disappoint. Plus closed the night with a cover of MGMT's Kids.

I saw two shows last week, Sonic Youth on Monday and Eels on Tuesday.

Sonic Youth played a free show here last year to an audience of almost 30,000 people. This time there were about 4-500. This show was a lot more enjoyable without the idiots from last year that were only there because it was a free show. They played a lot of songs I wanted to hear (Death Valley '69!) and they sounded excellent. Thurston was in a great mood and was really interacting with the crowd. I was lucky enough to get the setlist that Mark Ibold was using.

QN7gGl.jpg
Vj2Wil.jpg

u94Ccl.jpg

dimOAl.jpg

lOuJLl.jpg

I was expecting Eels to be kind of somber and slow, and the show was the complete opposite. They rocked the place. They played some great covers, E threw popsicles into the audience during Summertime, and they played Mr. E's Beautiful Blues to the tune of Twist and Shout. They played for two hours, and it flew by. I could have watched them play for a few more hours and not gotten tired of it.

Daisies Of The Galaxy
Little Bird
End Times
Prizefighter
She Said Yeah (Rolling Stones cover)
Gone Man
Summer In The City (Lovin' Spoonful cover)
Tremendous Dynamite
In My Dreams
In My Younger Days
Paradise Blues
Jungle Telegraph
My Beloved Monster
Spectacular Girl
Fresh Blood
Dog Faced Boy
That Look You Give That Guy
Souljacker Pt.1
Talkin 'Bout Knuckles
Mr. E's Beautiful Blues
I Like Birds
Summertime (George Gershwin cover)
Looking Up

That's Not Her Way

I Like The Way This Is Going

tfob3l.jpg

Overall, both shows were excellent.

I saw The Hold Steady in Boston last week at the Royale. They were not as drunken as previous times I have seen them, but still the bar band they have always been. Good times.

The week before that, I caught MC Frontalott at TT the bears. Always cool seeing the Nerdcore originator in action, even if his vocals are always too low.

"3 floors of SKA" at the Middle East starring the Toasters was fun, as I do love the ska.

Finally, I caught pavement when they were in town, but I don't remember it. I ended up intoxicated before the show started. I HEARD the show, but all I could see was the light show. Sigh.

Belle and Sebastian at SummerStage five years ago. Apparently they almost never play in the US so it was a big deal at the time. I thought they were OK--I mean I like Belle and Sebastian but there's only so much of that twee pop stuff you can take in one sitting before you want to kill yourself.

I really want to see an Animal Collective show (for you fans who haven't heard yet the new Avey Tare album is INSANE)

I'd also really like to go to a metal concert... How are Amon Amarth live?

I saw maybe 4 hours of Mark Mallman's Marathon 3 performance over a couple of days. Went more for the thrill than anything else as I'm not a huge fan of the guy or anything.

[quote name='The Crotch']Just got back from DOA. Holy fuck that pit kicked my ass.[/QUOTE]

The BC punk band? Crotch, I didn't know you had taste in music!

Up next for me are Torche/Kylesa/High on Fire on 10/26, then the Corin Tucker Band on 10/28. I'm missing TV Casualty on 10/28 (Ted Leo fronting a Misfits cover band) for Corin Tucker. She better be good in her post S-K stuff.

bread's done
Back