What was the last concert/show you went to?

[quote name='georox']You want to attend this... if only to see Combichrist.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bmachine']Or you could pay $17 to see Aesthetic Perfection and stick around to see Combichrist for free.[/QUOTE]
Stop it! I'm missing them this weekend because my friend has plans and my work screwed me over. Plus trying to conserve a bit of money since holiday season as opposed to me going to this and buying every piece of merch I can afford. Goddamn every word is like a dagger in my heart.

Nashville Pussy last night. Alot of creepy guys there I noticed, but Forth Yeer opened and at the end of their set the lead singer stood on the legs of the guitarists while singing on the mic stand and at the end he tried jumping over the stand and instead racked himself and fell over the crowd. For that I bought a shirt to say I appreciate him racking himself in the name of showmanship.

mc chris in Ann Arbor at the blind pig. Schaffer the Darklord opened... and two other white guys. Schaffer was epic, so was mc chris.

I saw Brandon Flowers' solo gig (Lead singer of the Killers). He sang his most of his new songs, a cover and 2 killers songs reworked. I really enjoyed it except the alt version of Mr. Brightside.

Tenacious D at Blizzcon.

I sat down 3 hours before the show to get good seats, and it was totally worth it! I hope next year Blizzcon doesn't get such an awesome guest though, so I can spend those 3 hours enjoying the con.

Just got back from Ozzy/Halford in MSG. Halford played new solo album stuff and a few covers - still sounds fucking amazing.

Ozzy put on a great show as well - just under 2 and a half hours, plus his setlist has been changed up post Zakk. Gus G, Tommy Clufetos, and Blasko (plus the keyboard player joining in on guitar on the Sabbath songs) are a great combo for him.

He played....(in no particular order...)

Bark at the Moon
Mr. Crowley
I Don't Know
Suicide Solution
Shot in the Dark
Killer of Giants
Fire In The Sky
Into The Void
War Pigs
Iron Man
Fairies Wear Boots
Road to Nowhere
I Don't Want To Change The World
Crazy Train
Mama I'm Coming Home
Paranoid

plus a massive full band then Gus G then Tommy Clufetos solo that went on for 15-20 minutes.

Reel Big Fish/Aquabats/Suburban Legends in Boston was my last, but tomorrow I'll be seeing Ted Leo & the Pharmacists along with Bear Hands.

Last concert I saw was Daughtry, Cavo, and Lifehouse with my girlfriend. Next concert I am seeing is In This Moment, Disturbed, Korn, and Sevendust.

Peter Hook Presents Unknown Pleasures
Freezepop

2 shows in the same night. Hooky did a pretty good Ian voice, and one of Freezepop's new members is :drool:

I have been to a ton of small shows in the punk and hardcore scene recently. I wouldn't classify them for what this thread is asking though.

The last major show I went to was during the summer. It was Mastodon, Baroness, Between The Buried And Me, and Valient Thorr in Lexington, KY.

[quote name='PopsiclesYay']

The last major show I went to was during the summer. It was Mastodon, Baroness, Between The Buried And Me, and Valient Thorr in Lexington, KY.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit I was at that same show! :bouncy:

[quote name='fizzywix']Really want to go see Passion Pit tomorrow...

Is it lame to go to a concert alone?[/QUOTE]
It's a little dull before the show cause you have nothing to do. Once the show begins it doesn't matter anymore. I've done it a few times and it's worth it if you really like the artist.

[quote name='fizzywix']Really want to go see Passion Pit tomorrow...

Is it lame to go to a concert alone?[/QUOTE]

I've done it several times because my music taste is different from most of my friends. It didn't bother me at all, I even met some cool people at the shows.

Went to The Gorillaz in Chicago on October 16th. They had the most people I have ever seen crammed on to a stage.

Also went to the Buzz Bake Sale On December 4th in West Palm Beach. I saw A Day to Remember, Against Me!, Anberlin, Switchfoot, The Dirty Heads, Chevelle (second time), The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and Finger 11.

Flyleaf was supposed to play, but the singer got pregnant and Finger 11 replaced them. I felt bad because everyone save for about 500 people left after the Bosstones, and Finger 11 played a hell of a concert.

During Anberlin, I was at the front, and constantly had to duck due to crowd-surfers. There had to have been around one every ten seconds, it was crazy. Also, I hate when people kick while crowd-surfing. When you go up, you agreed that you put yourself at the mercy of the crowd.

Totally cool to fly solo at shows.......once the music starts nobody cares, before that just drink your drink and people watch. Make a friend. Find true love.... ;)

And i agree, there is a certain lack of etiquette when it comes to being in a pit, moshing, crowd surfing. Chicks...you're gonna get groped. Don't expect 500 frenzied drunk dudes to be totally respectful, someone is gonna try and shove their arm up your cooch....and dudes, if you wanna fight, take it outside.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']How was that Peter Hook show?[/QUOTE]
I really liked it. They didn't really have much energy or enthusiasm on stage, but when the hell else am I going to get to hear At a Later Date played live?

Haven't posted in this thread this month.

Saw Horse Feathers/Y La Bamba on the 9th

Mister Heavenly on the 10th (Second headlining show ever!)

And most recently, Low/Charlie Parr on the 17th.

I didn't see many shows this year compared to other years. Last year I saw 3 times as many as this year. But my favorites were:

1. Star Wars In Concert
2. Faith No More
3. 311
4. High On Fire

Also saw STP w/ AIC. STP played too much garbage and AIC's set wasn't long enough.

GWAR! Last night, Toads in New Haven. Great Show, shitty vocal sound...couldn't hear Dave at all just a lot of growling and grumbling. Felt sorry for all the dudes slippin and a' slidin, a lot of those dudes hit the floor *hard* when the blood and spew started to coat the crowd....Motrin for all this morning.

[quote name='HeadRusch']GWAR! Last night, Toads in New Haven. Great Show, shitty vocal sound...couldn't hear Dave at all just a lot of growling and grumbling. Felt sorry for all the dudes slippin and a' slidin, a lot of those dudes hit the floor *hard* when the blood and spew started to coat the crowd....Motrin for all this morning.[/QUOTE]

You got to hear Horror of Yig and The Salaminizer, I'm jealous!

[quote name='tcrash247']You got to hear Horror of Yig and The Salaminizer, I'm jealous![/QUOTE]

Yig, Hail, Genocide, Let Us Slay, Vlad the Impaler, Bring Back the Bomb...people went apeshit. Good Times.

Saw In This Moment tonight. The opener right before them had stupid awesome amounts of energy so it kinda left showmanship for In This Moment a bit of a downer. Though Maria Brink (the lead singer) still sounded good for being sick, meaning she can still shriek and Jesus her boobs are pretty damn nice.

[quote name='HeadRusch']GWAR! Last night, Toads in New Haven. Great Show, shitty vocal sound...couldn't hear Dave at all just a lot of growling and grumbling. Felt sorry for all the dudes slippin and a' slidin, a lot of those dudes hit the floor *hard* when the blood and spew started to coat the crowd....Motrin for all this morning.[/QUOTE]

Me too, last night, in Raleigh. Not sure what this one is about but the Tshirts say "Bloody Tour of Horror" and have only nine dates on them, though they're the same front as last year's Lust In Space tour.
The vocals were a little messed up too, but still a great show. There were a lot of elbow flingers in the pit, and some Hurley lookalike front row center who apparently didn't realize that if you're up front at a metal show, you are going to get shoved. So we started shoving the jerk harder.
I bought an autographed copy of Dave's book, I've had my eye on it at Amazon for a while.
Mens Rea and Mobile Deathcamp opened.

Good set list from a bunch of albums including the classics already mentioned.

[quote name='dtcarson']Me too, last night, in Raleigh. Not sure what this one is about but the Tshirts say "Bloody Tour of Horror" and have only nine dates on them, though they're the same front as last year's Lust In Space tour.
The vocals were a little messed up too, but still a great show. There were a lot of elbow flingers in the pit, and some Hurley lookalike front row center who apparently didn't realize that if you're up front at a metal show, you are going to get shoved. So we started shoving the jerk harder.
I bought an autographed copy of Dave's book, I've had my eye on it at Amazon for a while.
Mens Rea and Mobile Deathcamp opened.

Good set list from a bunch of albums including the classics already mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because this is their 2nd leg of dates, kind of their make-up dates for the tour because they not only had to cancel a bunch of shows but they also missed a few places along the way......

Bobby Long and Mike Mangione. I hadn't really listened to any of Bobby Long's stuff, but it was a free show and my buddy Sam was driving... Actually, I really enjoyed it. Not what I usually listen to, but definitely good.

[quote name='slickkill77']Flogging Molly last Sunday in Ybor city[/QUOTE]
They're always fun live.

-----------

Saw Say Hi/Blair last night and Smith Westerns/Unknown Mortal Orchestra tonight.

[quote name='cgarb84']I just got tickets for Rammstein in Chicago May 10, their first U.S. tour in 10 years. Most excited I've ever been for a concert.[/QUOTE]

Wow, was I really 15 when I saw them, jesus christ.

[quote name='cgarb84']I just got tickets for Rammstein in Chicago May 10, their first U.S. tour in 10 years. Most excited I've ever been for a concert.[/QUOTE]

Nice I got mine for the tacoma ,wa one. Can not wait.

I'm still regretting selling my tickets for their show at Madison Square Garden last year. Last time I saw them was back in 98.

As far as shows for me, next weekend is going to be busy. Going to Flogging Molly on Friday, Daniel Tosh on Saturday and Dropkick Murphys on Sunday.

bread's done
Back