What was your favorite Saturn Game?

Well the only good saturn game i have are guardian heroes, nights into dreams, and panzer dragoon 2 zwei. I like nights the best by a mile, and would love to try out panzer dragoon saga and dragon force. Kinda wish I got dragonforce instead of guardian heroes but its still pretty cool, just not as cool as it looked.

NiGHTS... played the ish outta that game, got perfect scores in every stage!!

also Panzer Dragoon Saga, played it for my 1st time 2 years ago and it blew me away!!

My vote actually goes to a sports game, World Series Baseball 98. I've never come across another baseball game that plays as well though, like many early 3D/polygonal games of the era, it hasn't aged too well visually. Panzer Dragoon Saga would be a close second.

I'm not a sports nut but I do own that game. In fact I've been meaning to pop it in since baseball season is starting.

No one fucking knows about WSB 98 despite the fact that it is far and away, the best baseball game of the 32 bit era. The perils of being a Saturn exclusive I suppose. I used to play hours of home run derby on that game.

The game that goes into my Saturn when I fire it up, first and foremost, is Guardian Heroes, closely followed by Panzer Dragoon II Zwei. Also Vampire Savior (w/4meg cart) or SamShow IV.

RPG wise...PDSaga was awesome, Dragon Force, and Princess Crown (JPN). I played through that one with a translation that Anoop from EGM gave me...gorgeously animated, fun game.

NiGHTS

That's actually the only Saturn game I've ever had. The ones I wanted were all so ridiculously expensive (Panzer Dragoon Saga, Guardian Heroes, Saturn Bomberman, et all).

Too bad Sega totally screwed up NiGHTS on the Wii, though. Then again, they have always been very 50/50, but hey, at least they didn't give the main protagonist a gun.

I've sold the bigger Saturn titles for sick amounts at this point, but I still have a couple on my trade list, including a copy of Guardian Heroes (which has a rental sticker on it...grrr, but it's complete and scratch-free). Hell, I've got a Saturn that has a switch modded into it for JPN-US compatibility, done by old NCSx back in the late 90's. I may have to bust it all out, play it one last time, and finally sell all of it...

[quote name='billyG']Dragon Force!
A friend had this. After seeing it played I had to go buy a Saturn and Dragon Force. Also the epicness of what happened when you put the disc for Dragon Force in a regular CD player.. "KISS YOUR TWEETERS GOODBYE!'[/QUOTE]
Haha! Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Ahh...the days of Redbook audio on game discs.

Panzer Dragoon Saga was amazing. If only they'd remake that masterpiece.
I loved Dragon Force too.

I never did get to play Guardian Heroes. That's probably the only game I regret not getting a chance with. Don't have Saturn stuff anymore.

bread's done
Back