what will YOUR next console be? WHY??

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Which: Xbox 360
Why:

So I just got a new Gameboy SP2. It's pretty excited about it and I think it will tide me over until November 22.

I'm getting an Xbox360 (if I have a job) as my next console because I had a great experience with the first Xbox (it was the first "next-gen" system I got back then). I'm also ecited about Oblivion and playing games in HD.

How about you guys?

[quote name='help1']XBOX 360

Cause I like games, not kinky looking hardware.[/QUOTE]

Kinky consoles give a new meaning to the term "hardcore gaming"

Getting Playstation 3

hopefully it will have a better launch line-up than a bunch of old gamecube games and xbox ports. I already see PS3 has better graphics than current generation, another thing the 360 has yet to prove.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Getting Playstation 3

hopefully it will have a better launch line-up than a bunch of old gamecube games and xbox ports. I already see PS3 has better graphics than current generation, another thing the 360 has yet to prove.[/QUOTE]

Do we have real-time images from the games though? I know the creator of DOA 4 said that Xbox 360 is way powerful.

I will decide between the PS3 and Xbox 360 next Xmas (2006). I still have too many games I haven't played for my current Xbox and I dont think the first games to come out for any console will be good right away. It takes time for the developers to understand the hardware they are programming for.

XBOX360 BECAUSE I'M GONNA WIN IT FROM PEPSI and then SELL it.

Then I will use the money to buy a PS3. Not sure why...I've just always been a PlayStation fan. Of course, I'll probably end up getting a Revolution, too.

360..i like playing competitive games online...XBL is the best service for that...might not get it at launch...but when more details about halo 3 are realeased i may buy it..

I'm the biggest geek and I like all consoles. If i had the money I would buy them all on launch day. Over all i'm glad i'm a CAG though...it's way more fun searching for deals then buying stuff the first day it comes out at retail.

Revolution
Cause I'm a Big Nintendo fan and Sony and MS don't have enought good games coming out at launch for me to justify the high price tag. Will get the 360 at first price drop and I'll get the PS3 once the first Exclusive Square game comes out for it.

I'm getting a 360 when it launches, only because Zelda: Twilight Princess got pushed back to next year and there's really nothing else new coming for the Gamecube that I want to play. That and I'm really interested in playing Kameo and Condemned.

My next console is xbox 360, but i aint no rush to buy it. Thus, i am waiting for the price to drop to 150 new and 130 used, and the games at 2.99 - 14.99 or 19.99. I will be waiting for about 3 or 4 years, but see i aint no rush. Because i have a dreamcast ( 2 boxes full of games ), n64 ( 14 games ) , psone ( 20 games ), xbox ( 32 games ) , pc ( 400 games ).

So i'm cool.

[quote name='Xevious']I will decide between the PS3 and Xbox 360 next Xmas (2006). I still have too many games I haven't played for my current Xbox and I dont think the first games to come out for any console will be good right away. It takes time for the developers to understand the hardware they are programming for.[/QUOTE]

That is if Sony even puts out PS3 in the US during 2006 because indications are that it won't be available state side until spring 2007.

[quote name='wildnuts02']Damn...so I guess true CAG don't get systems at launch!?[/QUOTE]

Couldn't be said better. If you are a true CAG you will wait a few price drops and play up the backlog of great Xbox games on the cheap on the original Xbox.

[quote name='wildnuts02']Damn...so I guess true CAG don't get systems at launch!?[/QUOTE]

I'm poor. Thats the biggest reason. I dont have $400 in loose change underneath my coach.

My next system will be a Xbox 360 because I am playing up the great backlog of PS2 and Xbox games that I have at my house and the rate new games I want to play to drop to reasonable prices I probably won't get the 360 until the system is like $200 bucks for the premium system.

Definatly not Revolution, haven't decided on 360 or PS3 yet. They both seem to have a decent line-up.The only game I really, really wanted for either was Call of Duty 2 and that (suprisingly) runs perfect on my PC.

PS3 will very likely be my next console but it won't be for a long time due to my backlog and the likely cost of the system. It is possible that the Revolution will be my next system if it launches at a low price, but even that won't be purchased at launch unless for some odd reason it launches at like $150. :lol:

The reason the PS3 is likely to be my next console of choice is because Sony typically has the most quality games that I like....3rd person action/advanture/shooters, platformers and RPGs. I'll likely get all three at some point though. Cheaply of course....hell, I held out forever and finally got my brand spanking new Xbox a few months ago for $40! No scams, trade ins or coupons either! :D

Even if you're not a CAG, it's better to wait. Look at all the problems with the earlier PS2's.

For me: PS3

Xbox 360 games dont look that good, and I'm not in a rush to drop $400.

N-gage would be nice, I have a bunch of games for it. Neo geo would be great, but I don't have the money to waste. Probably a DS or revolution, though they would be as gifts. If I don't get one of those as a gift, and the next one is with my own money, then it would probably be lynx, or something older that I don't have.

Since I am so poor, I plan on buying an XBox when it hits $100. I have such a backlog of games for my other (11) systems, I don't need to shell out $400 to play games.

XBOX 360 and Nintendo Revolution. Two consoles that actually do more than simply play games.

Nintendo Revo because I am looking forward to something besides the status quo. Next gen consoles 360 and PS3 are only focussing on graphics. I don't need to play a shinier, better looking game if all it is a better looking version of GTA, DMC, or FF.
Things need to change, games need to evolve, we've been playing with joysticks for far too long. Maybe the Nrevo will help pave the way for the true "Next Generatiion" of gaming.

[quote name='wildnuts02']I'm the biggest geek and I like all consoles. If i had the money I would buy them all on launch day. [/QUOTE]

Foshizzle, except I would buy two of each if I was rich so I could put them in my cars like all the rappers. Word.

Hopefully I'm picking up a Genesis, 32x and CD combo in about 5 minutes, because it's super cheap and I need something to test out Shining Force on.

I also need a NES, out of principle, but I'm waiting to find a cheap one.

other than that, my next NEW system will be a 360, because I need to play Dead or Alive 4 in order to survive.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']That is if Sony even puts out PS3 in the US during 2006 because indications are that it won't be available state side until spring 2007.[/QUOTE]

What? No. Where does some of this speculation come from? You'll see the PS3 here within 13 months. Sony cannot afford to lag that far behind the 360, which, incidentally is the next console I'm getting, because, well, it's the next one out.

I have mixed feelings about it. It could end up being a real disaster if the PS3 brings the pain next year, the first-gen titles disappoint (overall), "Halo 3" is either rushed or delayed into 2007, and the whole hard drive/no hard drive situation causes signifcant compromises in game design.

Actually, while I'm getting it no matter what, I may turn around and make a profit on eBay. Small chance, but I can wait another two or three months if one system will in turn pay for the other. Watch closely the early holiday frenzy, I will.

[quote name='road3283']Foshizzle, except I would buy two of each if I was rich so I could put them in my cars like all the rappers. Word.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you need about 10 of each then? You've gotta have one of each for the hummer, escalade, 300M, land rover, mercedes, bentley, etc etc etc. :lol:

My next console will be stabbing you in the fucking jaw becuase you're a stupid noob who doesn't know how to post things in the right forum. Die slowly.

[quote name='trytej']PS3 cuz I like sports games more than shooters and sony is usually better for that.[/QUOTE]

I hear you on this one. I wond why it's the case...maybe b/c of the controller or something? Esp now since EA rules the world.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']My next console will be stabbing you in the fucking jaw becuase you're a stupid noob who doesn't know how to post things in the right forum. Die slowly.[/QUOTE]

LOL, wtf??

Given the info available, I'm thinking Revolution is most likely - for a few reasons.

I just got done with an international adoption and that takes quite a lot of money. It's not that I can't afford a premium price, but at this point I'm just not in the mood to drop $400 or more on a game machine. If Nintendo can come in at $199, I'll most likely take the chance on this new idea of theirs.

Secondly, my son (who turned five yesterday) loves the cast of Nintendo characters and I enjoy having that many games that are appropriate for us to play together. (We also play Lego Star Wars on PS2). He took Nintendo valentines to school last February. The kid rocks!

Lastly, I'm really happy with the DS and that makes me want to have faith in Iwata. I also enjoy my PSP quite a lot, but the DS gets the majority of portable play since a lot of the games are something different from what I play on my consoles. I wasn't sure about the new "remote" controller at first, but then I watched the MGS4 trailer. It was amazing, incredibly impressive, and for some reason I wasn't all that excited about it. Then I realized that maybe I'm just ready for something new. I hope Rev can deliver that, although I'll probably end up picking up one of the other two systems a year or so later if the prices are down enough.

X-Box 360, only because it's the first one coming out. I will get them all relatively quick after release, though I never buy a system on launch day.

[quote name='crowbb']X-Box 360, only because it's the first one coming out. I will get them all relatively quick after release, though I never buy a system on launch day.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I've never gotten a system at launch. Xbox 360 would be the first.

[quote name='the3rdkey']Xbox 360

Why?

New systems give me huge erections.[/QUOTE]

Oh Definitely. ;) I have one right now jsut thinking about it. Almost poked my eye out :)

Revolution, on launch which will hopefully be the only console I buy in the next 5 years. Because I've got years of backlog of unplayed games that I need to clear before I go buying sequels and remakes on the PS3. And I dont allow Microsoft products into my home unless absolutely necessary.

The Spongebob GBA w/ brighter screen. Wasn't expecting that, were ya? ;)

But my next NEW console (something I don't already have some version of ;) ) will be the PS3, no doubt. Sony has shown me that they bring the games I like. I have almost no interest in online play (outside of PSO/upcoming PSU, Monster Hunter, and possibly True Fantasy, assuming it lands on the PS3) and I play shooters on my PC.

I'll also have a Revolution, either at or just after launch (depending on how close it launches to the PS3...my pocketbook can only handle so much :p ).

I might get an Xbox 360 sometime next year if the software really impresses me.

If not the chances are good that I'll be picking up a Revolution on day one.

bread's done
Back