What would be the CAG thing to do...

coldgears

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
My left 4 dead disc is cracked. I got a new one on clearance for 12.48.

What should I do with my old one. Should I trade it to gamestop, give it to a friend (I'll tell him to install to his harddrive).

I don't want humorous answers like use it as a Frisbee...

EDIT: Let me verify that only the inner ring is cracked and the game runs fine. But, the high spinning will make the crack get worst and worst until it explodes from the speed. Unless I download it to the hard drive to prevent it from spinning... And like I said before I have a replacement copy...

find someplace that can resurface it and provided it works resell it...

orplayfrisbeewithit

Give it to a friend to install. Trading it in isn't very good karma. Someone else is gonna end up with that disc, and it would be better to give it to your friend who knows what he's getting into.

Plus, GS might not even take the disc. They probably would, but there's an off chance that they won't.

Do not use it; even a small crack could cause it to explode as it spins up and your DVD drive will be trashed. Believe me, I learned from experience.

Trade it in, but make sure they defect it out. (yes you'll get charged a fee, but at least you won't be a dick to whoever would buy it... as long as it's an inner crack, GS can have it repaired)

My gut would be telling me to trade it into GS, since I can't stand the chain and I've received shit condition stuff from them before.

But again, this goes back to my hatred of GS, which only subsides when I think I'm 'getting one over on them'.

Trade it in, but tell them it doesn't work. You get charged the refurb fee, but probably still get back the amount you paid for you second copy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My gut would be telling me to trade it into GS, since I can't stand the chain and I've received shit condition stuff from them before.

But again, this goes back to my hatred of GS, which only subsides when I think I'm 'getting one over on them'.[/QUOTE]

and its because of people that trade in broken games that GS gives such crappy values, and because GS is a shitty company they are then too lazy to fix most of them and they go straight to the floor.

[quote name='Sinnbox']and its because of people that trade in broken games that GS gives such crappy values, and because GS is a shitty company they are then too lazy to fix most of them and they go straight to the floor.[/QUOTE]

This is true. However, I'm not one of their key customers. After all, I don't have mommy bringing me into the store and me whining until she buys me the latest game and I'm not trading in the games that I kept all over the house and let the dog chew on. If anything, I'm trading in the games I get from for super cheap and take advantage of their trade promos.

If not for the Madden/sports morons who pre-order every friggin' year's title like it's something revolutionary and the soccer moms and whiny brats, Gamestop would go out of business.

[quote name='RobMinhas']let your friend borrow the good copy, install it then take it back and give him the old one, i did it for oblivion[/QUOTE]

This. Exactly this. It wont read the cracked copy so install your working copy then give him the cracked copy to pass the disc check.

bread's done
Back