What would you add to Rock Band 2?

bingbangboom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
After playing and enjoying the game, I just feel there are a few things that would make the game better in the long run.

- Ability to use character on various instruments. If you make a guitarist, you should be able to play drums or sing etc. Should be pretty easy to add.

- Replay your song, basically similar to racing games that allows you to view your race without playing it. Would be cool to see your band rock out without all the hud in the way.

- Snapshots - Ability to take pictures similar to Halo 3, where you can go through and take pictures of your rock band. Also effects for lighting and overlay for say a RollingStones photo shoot or Album cover. You can then take these online or send them to friends.

- Solo player, picking your band mates. This is basically like drafting members for your band that you think will work. It is possible that some of these will cause trouble or might quit on you for various reasons. You could also add friends you played with on Xbox Live.

- Save multiple outfits, so you can quickly change your favorite looks back and forth

- Story mode: Think like an epic band story mixed with Mass Effect, where you choose how to react to various people you meet. Will your band make it or fail?

- Create rock band profile and logo. So people can search your band and your favorite songs. Logo can be used on stage and artwork like your t-shirts.

- Ingame ability to download new songs from marketplace with preview of the songs.

Ability to have fans Actually listen to your band. sounds stupid know. But id like to watch other bands perform truthfully.

I really doubt there is going to be a rock band 2 anytime within the next 2 years. They will most likely just keep doing DLC every week, that way they don't have to actually develop a game but still make money.

[quote name='ighosty']I really doubt there is going to be a rock band 2 anytime within the next 2 years. They will most likely just keep doing DLC every week, that way they don't have to actually develop a game but still make money.[/QUOTE]

EA not make a sequal in the next 2 years? Um, might want to look at their history lol

I bet we will see Rock Band 2 next year without a doubt. They are working on building this brand up which still means selling it retail. A large percentage don't even have Xbox Live or online ability to download songs or even know they can. Just like with Guitar Hero, the sequal was bigger than the original because the word of mouth. I also wouldn't be surprised if you could download or use the downloaded songs with Rock Band 2 and it will become more like its own "iTunes" where you will see more and more songs become available and they will continue to track sales of these and how it relates to cd sales.

Rock Band compliation CDs I feel are in the works because its well... its EA & MTV.

Louder vocal feedback from the mic to the TV/speakers. Obviously if you were singing you wouldn't hear it, unless you have big speakers.. but still, it would be nice. Online Band World Tour would be cool, but I suppose it would be hard to create.

I'd like it if, during vocals, you could stop singing and the crowd could take over for a quick line or two. That would be awesome. Like maybe when you activate star power, the crowd takes over.

[quote name='Malik112099']I would add backstage drug use and unprotected sex[/quote]

HAHAHA. That would be super awesome.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I would add less rock. and band. and overall just hope the game disapears.[/quote]

Why so much hatred ol' Rolento?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I would add less rock. and band. and overall just hope the game disapears.[/quote]

Someone ate their trolling cheerios this morning.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Why so much hatred ol' Rolento?[/QUOTE]
A Rock Band box fell off a Circuit City shelf and crushed his family. Another reason to hate Circuit City.

I too agree Rock Band 2 will make it out next Christmas for sure. We already got the controllers, of course everyone who bought it this year will buy another disc. I'm sure some of us will even jump on the new improved controllers for that year. For me I want the drum controller pads to be individually adjustable.

[quote name='CouRageouS']A Rock Band box fell off a Circuit City shelf and crushed his family. Another reason to hate Circuit City.

I too agree Rock Band 2 will make it out next Christmas for sure. We already got the controllers, of course everyone who bought it this year will buy another disc. I'm sure some of us will even jump on the new improved controllers for that year. For me I want the drum controller pads to be individually adjustable.[/QUOTE]

there you go. no, just that I can see why other people enjoy the game. superb. to me it feels like a golf sports game which really bores me. good game but not for me. sorry if I came off wrong and didn't totally mean to lose focus of this thread.

-A better goddamn drumkit. I was looking forward to this like crazy because I play drums and thought it'd be a great opportunity to jam with some of my non-musician friends, but the drumkit sucks; it's flimsy, it's always being pushed forward so i have to scoot up in the middle of a song; they really should add some rubber or something to the top of it to deaden the sound (or make each one sound different somehow, not just in-game), and change the layout to something like Drummania.

-Change the way bass kicks are represented in-game. It's too easy to not notice them, which is really annoying, and is made more difficult to see when the screen shakes.

That aside, I'd be happy. I like pretty much everything else they've done so far with it.

[quote name='bingbangboom']
- Ability to use character on various instruments. If you make a guitarist, you should be able to play drums or sing etc. Should be pretty easy to add.
[/QUOTE]

This if nothing else. I don't need to have 3-4 different characters going on.

Luckily, most of the biggest software complaints seem patchable. I would like to second the crowd take-over idea, even if only during Overdrive and limited to one phrase. And the shuffling of characters and instruments.

I will say this, though. If RB1 DLC works with RB2, RB3, .... RBn, then they can go Madden on the series and I will eat it up like a consumer whore.

Another thought. Singing guitarists. People play the game like that, you should be able to represent that in the game.

[quote name='IOnceWasLegend']-they really should add some rubber or something to the top of it to deaden the sound [/QUOTE]

Here is something no drummer ever wants to hear, but you could play softer. My buddy who owns the game, and is a drummer can play expert on some songs, and it's difficult to hear him drumming if the volume is up on the TV... me on the other hand, not a drummer can be heard drumming from within the bathroom a room away... and I can only play medium (hard on sandman).

I do agree with you however, a little more rubber goes a long way... maybe we could get rubber tipped practice drum sticks to further deaden the sound. Just an idea.

[quote name='bingbangboom']

- Story mode: Think like an epic band story mixed with Mass Effect, where you choose how to react to various people you meet. Will your band make it or fail?
.[/quote]

DO NOT WANT.

[quote name='IOnceWasLegend']-A better goddamn drumkit. I was looking forward to this like crazy because I play drums and thought it'd be a great opportunity to jam with some of my non-musician friends, but the drumkit sucks; it's flimsy, it's always being pushed forward so i have to scoot up in the middle of a song;
-Change the way bass kicks are represented in-game. It's too easy to not notice them, which is really annoying, and is made more difficult to see when the screen shakes.[/QUOTE]
Are you playing on carpet? It has rubber on the bottom, never had the drum kit move forward on me. I play on hardwood though. I sorta agree and disagree about the kick pedal notes. I like how its separated from the rest of the notes, but not sure if one would perform better if it was together. Maybe a different colored or thicker line would work better. Orange blends in too much, especially with Overdrive on.

[quote name='Charron']I will say this, though. If RB1 DLC works with RB2, RB3, .... RBn, then they can go Madden on the series and I will eat it up like a consumer whore.

Another thought. Singing guitarists. People play the game like that, you should be able to represent that in the game.[/QUOTE]
With the amount of DLC coming, they better make it available on the next game as well. It would be unfair not to be able to carry the songs I bought over to the new game. Singing guitarists are needed too, I just think its not in this game cause the current engine needs to have the four characters on screen at a time. The programming might have been too complicated or time consuming and possibly to save stuff for the next game?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']More cowbell.[/QUOTE]
It already has Don't Fear the Reaper and Little Sister! Go to your local hardware store and buy a cowbell for $5 FTW! Imagine you're playing at a party and you bust out a cowbell out of nowhere!

[quote name='Ronin317']My most wanted feature would be a fucking guitar that actually works like it's supposed to out of the damn box.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I want that too now! Can I change my answer?

Yeah I totally forgot full tour online. But I don't know if they have announced a mic stand for the game yet. You can then get a cowbell and use it for those parts.

Backup singing also during the song for a bonus.

The drums I feel will improve over time, look at the Rock Band guitar or even the GHIII guitar compared to the first Guitar Hero one. I think the drums can be distracting from the music playing unless you play it so loud to mute the drum banging.

I told my friends these ideas while we were playing it.

-DDR style backup dancers. Would be fucking hilarious.

-System link/ online battle of the bands. 4 vs 4, the best band wins.

-A second mic and songs that have 2 people to go with it.

-Generally more recent bands. I love playing When You Were Young by The Killers. I want more of that.

Yeah, I generally do like some of the more recent songs because I know them from the 90's up. But I do like some of the classic songs. Its hard to get a good balance. Thats why they do have the download content. I would like it if they released a expansion like they did for the 80's but just on the 90's.

BTW, I just beat the game and got the bonus songs and the Timmy one was hilarous, I love South Park. The song was kinda harder than I thought it would be. But it might also be the only song I sing to.

A Better Guitar, The strum bar is really lousy on the Strat if you ask me.

Second Guitar, Second Mic and Backup dancers please.

XBL Vision Support, I want to see my band mates rocking out.

More Recent songs.

Funny, I would like more classic rock. And more folk style stuff. I mean, one of my suggested packs was a Doobie Brothers pack.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']there you go. no, just that I can see why other people enjoy the game. superb. to me it feels like a golf sports game which really bores me. good game but not for me. sorry if I came off wrong and didn't totally mean to lose focus of this thread.[/quote]Probably one of your worst posts ever. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Probably one of your worst posts ever. I have no idea what you're trying to say.[/quote]

...it's pretty clear to me. He acknowledges the calibur of the game, but it simply isn't to his taste. I'm the same way with Halo.

I would like to be able to save a replay and toggle the fret bar off & on and watch the band with separate cameras .
Also the ability to edit them with effects and send them to friends .

-The ability to choose your own song when a song you have already played comes up in World Tour mode.

-Quieter Drum kit. Or atleast more responsive, sometimes it seems it just doesnt want to listen.

-Feedback on the strum bar.

-Maybe a button on the mic so you can accept things ect.

-Face customizer. There is only 1-2 normal looking faces in the preset faces.

-Maybe make the fans visible. SO X amount is how many would be in the audience. Make it feel more like you are acctually progressing. Because you kind of start out as a super rock group to begin with. It would be neat to see your band start out as nothing then become superstars.

-Seperate Indepents in the Song Selections.

-MAKE THE drum carrying case IN STOCK. They are SO fucking hard to lug those things around.

[quote name='triforcer']the ability to turn on your rockband through the USB splitter.[/quote]so does anyone else not have that problem? just making sure.

bread's done
Back