What would you chose?

winterice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Gears of War 2 or Red Faction: G. or Dark Sector + The Orange Box or Dark Sector + Ninja Gaiden 2

I'm looking for a good single player game that has good 4 player multiplayer too. I can't seem to decide between these. Tell me what you guys think. Also which one is the best multiplayer? Keep in mind I have no Live and don't plan on getting it. And yea, I know there's not much multiplayer in the last pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say you put your money into a math class. How are we supposed to chose for you when you haven't given us the solution to this equation.

Dark Sector will have *nobody* playing onine, so don't count that as multiplayer. As far as the single-player goes...I paid $7 or so for my copy. It was probably worth that.

GeoW2? Is that Geometry Wars 2, or Gears of War 2?

we should ban these topics. Maybe have a big topic for these recomendation kinda things. Orange Box is my rec though, i never beat episode one or two though but portal is pretty epic.

[quote name='FrankySox']There are a lot of and/ors and +s up there.

I'd say Gears though.[/QUOTE]
The "or" is to separate the choices and the "+" to signify that two of the choices are a combination of two games.

[quote name='Rig']Dark Sector will have *nobody* playing onine, so don't count that as multiplayer. As far as the single-player goes...I paid $7 or so for my copy. It was probably worth that.

GeoW2? Is that Geometry Wars 2, or Gears of War 2?[/QUOTE]

It's Gears of War 2. I'll change it.

Orange Box > Gears of War > Ninja Gaiden > Red Faction

I guess go with Orange Box + Dark Sector. I'm not sure about your pairings though; you should definitely be able to get NG2, Dark Sector, and the Orange Box together all for under $35

[quote name='lolwut?']Orange Box > Gears of War > Ninja Gaiden > Red Faction

I guess go with Orange Box + Dark Sector. I'm not sure about your pairings though; you should definitely be able to get NG2, Dark Sector, and the Orange Box together all for under $35[/QUOTE]

Not on Amazon though and that's where I'm getting the games from. I got some leftover change from GCs that I want to use up.

[quote name='winterice']Not on Amazon though and that's where I'm getting the games from. I got some leftover change from GCs that I want to use up.[/QUOTE]

Why not use it up on something that Amazon actually has good prices on. If you buy any of those games on Amazon you will be overpaying, save for maybe Gears 2.

What ever you do, don't get Dark Sector /instead/ of any of the other choices. It's an okay game, but all the other choices are superior, in my opnion. Why not get The Orange Box? Worth it if only for Portal.

Gears 2, Orange box, and if you dont have live... you really are shorting yourself out on a lot of fun, TF2 is worth the purchase alone.

Without live you can't really play multiplayer. Dark Sector's MP is a joke, I dont think TF2 has any offline modes except for maybe if you did system link.

bread's done
Back