What would you do? (ebay problem)

punqsux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
ok, last week i wont some photo paper on ebay, 2 boxes of kodak supra, when they got here i opened the box and found out i had been send kodak supra (to help people that dont know about diffrent emlutions; imagine winning VF4:evo and getting plain old vf4 in the mail...still good but not what you ordered)

and here is the dialouge between me and the seller, im pretty much screwed arnt i?

[quote name='punqsux']i got the package this morning, however you sent me kodak portra paper and i
ordered kodak supra, id like to know how you want to handle this, thanks!
chris
[/quote]

[quote name='rick']Chris,
We have a problem,
1. Your 2 sealed boxes came out of a sealed case, marked Supra III
2. I have sent out 4 other boxes from the same
case and all were marked Supra III( with no complaints)
3. I do not have any Kodak portra paper.
4. send me a photo showing the priority box and the "wrong" paper

Rick[/quote]

[quote name='punqsux']attached is the picture you requested
chris
(i didnt upload the photo, but i sent it to him, showing the 2 boxes of paper, the box he shipped them in, and the invoice he sent me signed by him)
[/quote]

I sorry but I do not have any Portra paper,
this has a puprle stripe, Surpa III has a blue stripe.
I had two sealed cases of Supra III paper, When you ordered yours
I had to open a fresh case. there were no Portra paper mixed in
with the Supra III paper. I have sent out five other boxes with
no one telling me that it was the wrong paper.

Sorry
Rick[/quote]

[quote name='punqsux']while being sorry is nice, it dosent resolve the problem that i didnt get
that i ordered, shall i assume youre going to do nothing to resolve this
matter?

mind if i ask what the point of asking for the picture was anyways?[/quote]

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IT WAS A SEALED CASE!!!!!
IF YOU REALLY REALLY BEVIEVE THAT KODAK MIXED TWO
TYPES OF PAPER IN ONE CASE WITH DIFFERENT EMULSION
CODES THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL KODAK AND COMPLAIN !

IF YOU REALLY TRUELY BELIEVE THAT I SENT YOU THE WRONG PAPER
WITH THE DIFFERENT EMULSION CODE THEN THE OTHER 18 BOXES I HAVE
THEN SEND ME BACK TWO UNOPENED BOXES YOU BELIEVE CAME FROM
THIS SEALED CASE AND I WILL SEND YOU TWO OTHER BOXES.
IF THE SEALS ARE BROKEN AND THE EMULSION CODES DO NOT MATCH
THE OTHER ONES THEN I CANNOT HELP YOU>

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
KODAK DOES NOT MIX DIFFERENT TYPES OF PAPER AND EMULSION CIODES.
WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!
I DO NOT OR EVER HAD PORTRA PAPER>
DO YOU UNDERSTAND!

RICK
[/quote]

[quote name='punqsux']i dont see y i would have to call kodak and complain, this is your problem,
you bought the cases (from kodak?) and i bought the paper from you. i dont
see what the problem is here, you sent me the wrong paper, u asked for a
picture(which i supplied) and then you just sent me an e-mail shouting about
it? all i want is the paper i purchased, no, i wont ship u these back
because i should not be out another 10$ and cant wait a week or 2 for more
paper. i would like this matter taken care of or i will contact ebay about
it.

chris
[/quote]

Considering how fast he went on the offensive, I'd say he knew he sent the wrong paper and was hoping you wouldn't notice, or not care enough to bring it up with him. How exactly were you hoping that he resolve it other than by exchanging it?

The least he could have done was exchange the paper for you. He should be the one to take up the case with kodak, not you. But is there a reason you went on ebay to buy this paper. Is it not commercially available or is just cheaper?

[quote name='st0neface']Considering how fast he went on the offensive, I'd say he knew he sent the wrong paper and was hoping you wouldn't notice, or not care enough to bring it up with him. How exactly were you hoping that he resolve it other than by exchanging it?[/quote]

well shipping on this is 12$, i feel its his responsability to get me what i ordered and i shouldnt really be out extra money because he sent me the wrong paper

its way cheaper on ebay, i paid 27$ shipped for 2 boxes, one box shipped from b&h photo (the cheapest/fastest/best photo place online) is about 35

Did you pay with Paypal? If you did, file a refund complaint with them. Or if you paid by credit card file a complaint with your credit card company. The last resort is file a mail fraud complaint. Let this guy know you a serious and don't want to be shaq-fu'd with.

That's why I don't order from ebay :wink:

Anyway I would send him an email like this:

Dear seller,

If I don't get the right paper now Scrubking's gonna have to choke a bitch!

If you paid by PayPal with a credit card, don't file a complaint with PayPal (they won't do anything). File the complaint with your credit card company.

You can also try to file a complaint with eBay and then try go the SquareTrade route (don't bother paying for the mediator - won't do squat).

It sucks but when it comes to eBay, it's all he said she said if the seller doesn't fess up to it.

Time to dispute. The seller made it clear he isn't gonna help you. Contact paypal. did he leave you feedback yet? did you leave it yet? What is this guys username?

I learned the hard way that feedback doesn't mean shit after I ordered from someone with perfect feedback, but still got duped and lied to.

i didnt leave feedback yet, as thats a double edged sword, i leeve feedback saying he screwed me, he posts and says im a liar or something, even tho i payed him as soon as the auction ended, its all pretty futile

Notice the change in his story(the seller). He says I have sent 4 out no problem, then he says I have sent 5 out no problem. Usually a change in the story like this means he is fibbing. And to take the offense as easily and using caps/shouting at a customer is a bad business practice. I would give him horrible feedback and see if you can get a list of his former victims from ebay and ask if they had the same issue.

i e-mailed the 3 buyers i could find with this

"hi, im contacting you because i noticed you won an auction put up by user lyon46 for a box of kodak supra paper. im curious if you received supra paper or portra paper, because i ordered from him a week ago and got sent portra. a reply would be most enlightening, thank you!
chris
[email protected]"

If EBay (or PayPal, which is still owned by EBay) can see that this was a pretty obvious screw-up, then maybe they (the company) can do something about this. Chances are, they won't.

If you paid a pretty great amount for this, you feel that you've done all you can to resolve this problem, neither Ebay or the seller will do anything about this situation; then you may want to consider taking him to small claims court. This does not sound like outright fraud, but you did not get what you paid for, so really, you do have the right to sue.

[quote name='punqsux']i didnt leave feedback yet, as thats a double edged sword, i leeve feedback saying he screwed me, he posts and says im a liar or something, even tho i payed him as soon as the auction ended, its all pretty futile[/quote]

So he didnt leave you feedback either? Whats his username?

[quote name='punqsux']i e-mailed the 3 buyers i could find with this

"hi, im contacting you because i noticed you won an auction put up by user lyon46 for a box of kodak supra paper. im curious if you received supra paper or portra paper, because i ordered from him a week ago and got sent portra. a reply would be most enlightening, thank you!
chris
[email protected]"[/quote]

That's auction tampering, and he could have you thrown off of eBay.

Looks to me that you're dealing w/ an idiot who 1) knew he sent the wrong item and didn't care or 2) sent the wrong item by accident and didn't care. Point being here is that one way or another, it's apparent that he doesn't want to deal with it and isn't willing to work with you.

You can file a complaint with eBay's SquareTrade and opt not pay the $20.00 mediator fee as this neutral party can't force anything one way or another even if they agree w/ you. If your PayPal payment was funded through one of your credit cards, take it up directly with your credit card company and outright deny the charge. Keep all correspondences between this seller that you've sent and received including the picture you sent him and be sure to print a copy of his item description.

You didn't get what you paid for and the seller obviously doesn't want to deal with the problem. You're in your right to deny that charge made on your credit card IMHO as well as being able to revoke any potential retalitory negative feedback you may receive in the process. Sorry you had such a poor experience with this guy. Even though you did your homework b4 bidding, so to speak, feedback isn't always indicative of a seller's reputation. Trust me, some ppl are willing to take the short end of a raw deal to avoid receiving a retalitory negative. 9 out of 10 times easily, however, if you bid on items after evaluating sellers like you have, you'll end up with a pleasant experience IMHO. Sorry you caught the raw end of a deal here though, but you have a way out IMHO.

-Soujirou

[quote name='ft'][quote name='punqsux']i e-mailed the 3 buyers i could find with this

chris

That's auction tampering, and he could have you thrown off of eBay.[/quote]

how is it auction tampering? the way i see it feedback makes you a referance, and im calling in his referances

[quote name='ft'][quote name='punqsux']i e-mailed the 3 buyers i could find with this

chris

That's auction tampering, and he could have you thrown off of eBay.[/quote]

Auvtion tampering how so? The auction has already ended he has the right to ask them that

No offense, but don't listen to what ft is saying. I list stuff on eBay both personally and at work easily 6 days of the week and have gone through experiences such as these. Auction tampering? ¬_¬; That's really out there...

-Soujirou

wow i think that last e-mail threatening ebay notification (like they do anything anyway) really scared him

I will give you three choices,

1. send back the two boxes, sealed, and I will send you two boxes of Supra
III
2. refund your money for the paper and shipping, $27.00
3. send you two boxes of Supra III so that you will have four boxes of paper
for the price of
two?????

Rick[/quote]

in all actuallity all iw anted was 10 refunded or 1 box of supra, score 1 for persistance

[quote name='jlarlee']Auvtion tampering how so? The auction has already ended he has the right to ask them that[/quote]

No, he doesn't. He has no professional relationship with those people, so he has no right to email them and discuss the auction. If he were to email them, and the seller found out and/or one of the people forwarded his email to eBay, he could get suspended or banned for tampering.

I've sold on eBay since 1999 and have a 6,000+ feedback rating. I know how eBay operates.

[quote name='ft'][quote name='jlarlee']Auvtion tampering how so? The auction has already ended he has the right to ask them that[/quote]

No, he doesn't. He has no professional relationship with those people, so he has no right to email them and discuss the auction. If he were to email them, and the seller found out and/or one of the people forwarded his email to eBay, he could get suspended or banned for tampering.

I've sold on eBay since 1999 and have a 6,000+ feedback rating. I know how eBay operates.[/quote]

I think him possible being scammed and wondering if they got scammed warrants a professional relationship.

[quote name='Soujirou']No offense, but don't listen to what ft is saying. I list stuff on eBay both personally and at work easily 6 days of the week and have gone through experiences such as these. Auction tampering? ¬_¬; That's really out there...

-Soujirou[/quote]

Call your eBay Dedicated Support Manager and ask him/her. I'm a Platinum Powerseller ($25,000+ per month), I'm pretty current with eBay policy.

id like to thank everyone for posting here,and giving your thoughts. its nice to know this is settled (or at least i hope it is)

We've done this in the past and were assured from our attorneys that we wouldn't be liable should such a issue be brought up, which was incidentally. If there is no stated clause in the seller's item description indicating this, it's the buyer's choice if he/she wants to cooperate. If there was such a clause, this should make bidders think twice about bidding. They are a neutral party and their replying to your inquiry is in a sense, a more detailed feedback than what eBay allows them to post. Then it's all about finding credible witnesses to testify.

A few years ago, we traveled down to southern California to dispute a fradulent stamp dealer and used three (even though we had many more) previous buyers that won similar items from this seller as witnesses in a trial. Their testimony was not objected and definitely helped in the court's ruling in our favor. When it comes to disputing claims on eBay, the actual company itself has very little power in what they can enforce. They simply provide a place for people to sell items.

-Soujirou

In any event, I'm glad that your situation seems to be solved, punqsux. =) Hope your experiences w/ eBay are more pleasant in the future.

-Soujirou

[quote name='ft'][quote name='jlarlee']Auvtion tampering how so? The auction has already ended he has the right to ask them that[/quote]

I've sold on eBay since 1999 and have a 6,000+ feedback rating. I know how eBay operates.[/quote]

Punqsux, congrats on your victory. Which route are you going to take? :wink: And ft, you're full of shit. It is the buyers dicretion to contact previous auction winners to see what they are getting into. Auction tampering would be contacting someone with a current bid on one of the sellers items and badmouthing the seller. Platinum or not, no matter how much you "know" about eBay policy, you obviously don't understand it.

ive decided to go with #3. 2 boxes of supra and 2 boxes of portra for 27$ is a steal! that should tide me over for almost 2 quarters of classes!!

Yeah, that's the one I would have taken. Hope he comes through on his end of the bargain this time....might end up with 4 packs of portra :lol:

[quote name='Diiz']And ft, you're full of shit. It is the buyers dicretion to contact previous auction winners to see what they are getting into. Auction tampering would be contacting someone with a current bid on one of the sellers items and badmouthing the seller. Platinum or not, no matter how much you "know" about eBay policy, you obviously don't understand it.[/quote]

I would have to disagree. All it would take would be one of those three people to forward the unsolicited email message to eBay that the topic creator mailed to them.

If eBay wanted and encouraged bidders to communicate they wouldn't shield bidder's email addresses.

It is not the buyer's descrection to contact previous auction winners- that's what the feedback forum is for.

All things considered, it sounds like the topic creator has corrected the problem.

I am curious to see whether it is tampering or not. I thought that ebay blocked emails address so a, bots couldnt scour ebay and get a million emails, and b to prevent harassment and other things. If you get an email through ebay, you dont have to reply and the sender will never know your real email address.

The best thing you can do, as others said, is call your credit card company and dispute the charge, tell them you were sent the wrong item, it's as easy as that.

[quote name='optimolife']The best thing you can do, as others said, is call your credit card company and dispute the charge, tell them you were sent the wrong item, it's as easy as that.[/quote]

Uuuuh...he already resolved the problem. Might I suggest actually reading the thread before posting? :roll:

[quote name='BigNick']I am curious to see whether it is tampering or not. I thought that ebay blocked emails address so a, bots couldnt scour ebay and get a million emails, and b to prevent harassment and other things. If you get an email through ebay, you dont have to reply and the sender will never know your real email address.[/quote]

Thats exactly what happened, I remember when that hit the news, spammers were going nuts with ebay addresses and people started complaining to ebay about it.

*sigh*

the struggle continues...

[quote name='rick']
Chris,
Your Supra III paper, (2) boxes, have been sent.
Please send back the two "wrong" boxes ASAP.

Rick
[/quote]

[quote name='punqsux']
wait, send u back the paper? didnt you say i would have 4 boxes of paper for
the price of 2? that was one of my choices

3. send you two boxes of Supra III so that you will have four boxes of
paper
> for the price of two?????

please clarify
chris
[/quote]

[quote name='rick']
If you recieved a wrong item from a store would you not retrun it for the
proper one?
Samr thing.
I was making a statement of ignorance.

Rick
[/quote]

[quote name='punqsux']
a statment of ignorance? im not sure what you mean by this.

i already stated i wasnt going to pay to ship them back to you as it wasnt
my fault they were wrong in the first place and $11.00 to ship them back
would bring a 27$ total to 38$, upping my cost of the paper by around 40%

also i will quote you again

"3. send you two boxes of Supra III so that you will have four boxes of
paper
for the price of two?????"

if by this option, you ment for me to send back the 2 boxes of portra, does
that mean you sent me for boxes of supra? if not where does the 4 boxes for
the price of 2 come in?

please let me know as im terribly confused by the whole matter
chris
[/quote]

can anyone understand him anymore?!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']he should at least pay for the cost of shipping back or comp you an extra couple of boxes for his mistake[/quote]

thats what i thought he was doing, this guy is really bad with words i guess

one things for sure, everyone on this thread should remember ricks ebay id and never buy from him ever! sorry you had to go through all this punx!

bread's done
Back