what your kids name would be?

Why would I want to inflict either of those on my child? Is this a "Boy Named Sue" type thing?

[quote name='levi333']Dakota= automatic stripper. Theres no way around it, she WILL become and exotic dancer.[/quote]

Then Dakota would be a great choice! ;)

Seriously, go with Samus.

[quote name='levi333']Dakota= automatic stripper. Theres no way around it, she WILL become and exotic dancer.[/quote]

Even Dakota Fanning? And she seemed like such a promising young actress ...

[quote name='bignick']Nicholas Jr. aka Little Nick[/quote]

03.jpg

i know a little dude named dakota.........i always thought it was a girl name.

and SKYLER is from south park. i also knew a kid named skyler who is mentally retarded.

id say dakota is better

[quote name='bignick']Nicholas Jr. aka Little Nick[/quote]

Won't that confuse your genitalia?

[quote name='dcfox']If you can't decide between the two, just combine them into one name: Sakota.[/quote]

Sounds like a Korean SUV model. "The new Kia Sakota: Born to drive the wild."

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Sounds like to stupid names, though with people naming their kids espn, apple, and all kinds of weird names, it's a less strange name.[/quote]

Who named their kid ESPN?!

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='bignick']Nicholas Jr. aka Little Nick[/quote]

Won't that confuse your genitalia?[/quote]

I never felt comfortable calling it Little Nick for some reason.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='dcfox']If you can't decide between the two, just combine them into one name: Sakota.[/quote]

Sounds like a Korean SUV model. "The new Kia Sakota: Born to drive the wild."[/quote]

Well if this kid ends up being Korean, then everything will work out just fine.

I think I'm going to have to name my son Bruce Wayne. One of my uncles wanted to name his son that, but then my aunt cracked the whipe and he wussed out.

Whats up with all these trendy names? Can't parents stick to classic names like John and Mary? Okay those are TOO Classic. But maybe names like Lindsay or Eric, kind of cool but not weird

Truth be told, I like the sound of Zach...

Out of the two options, I'd vote neither. Let the poor kid go nameless before you inflict one of those monstrosities...

[quote name='alongx']...then my aunt cracked the whipe and he wussed out.[/quote]

A baby whipe?

I will never name my children something extremely common like Mary or Joe. I prefer semi-uncommon (like Isabel) but not totally weird like Skylar/Skyler and Dakota. I hate the name Michaela with a passion (also spelled McKayla, MacKayla, MicKayla, Makayla, Macayla, MacKaelah, McKaileh etc.). There's like a billion spellings for it!

It's like Sara/h, but worse. I once knew a girl named Cerah (like the name of the Triceratops from "Land Before Time" but with an H, :shock:)

I also hate the people who name their kids names like David Davis, Robert Robertson, and Danielle Daniels. Ugh!

Yea both those names suck, but the worse one is definately Skyler.

And as for my first born, I'd like to name them after my grandpa, but since the kid would get never ending beatings if I named him Melvin, I would have to go with Melanie for a girl or just plain Mel for a guy.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']My cousin's name is Dakota, but it doesn't make me hate it any less. If I had a son, I'd name him Atticus.[/quote]

Like "To Kill a Mockingbird" Atticus or for some other reason?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']My cousin's name is Dakota, but it doesn't make me hate it any less. If I had a son, I'd name him Atticus.[/quote]

Like "To Kill a Mockingbird" Atticus or for some other reason?[/quote]

Exactley. TKAM is one of my favorite books, and Atticus is my favorite character.

Probably something rather generic. I'm too unoriginal to come up with earthshattering names like "Stephaioslkcxlmz".

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='dcfox']If you can't decide between the two, just combine them into one name: Sakota.[/quote]

Sounds like a Korean SUV model. "The new Kia Sakota: Born to drive the wild."[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']My cousin's name is Dakota, but it doesn't make me hate it any less. If I had a son, I'd name him Atticus.[/quote]

Like "To Kill a Mockingbird" Atticus or for some other reason?[/quote]

Exactley. TKAM is one of my favorite books, and Atticus is my favorite character.[/quote]

Very nice tastes you have there.

Well, my wife and I are working on kid #2 over here and are having a tough time with names. Had names picked out, but now my wife is reconsidering them.

But back to the original question...I really don't like either name.

bread's done
Back