Whatever happened to the TRuS B2G1 yearly sale?

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!
Sorry if the wrong forum, but last decade, you could count on a Toys R Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free new video game storewide sale to drop like clockwork this time of year.

Whatever happened to it?  Unsustainable?

Toys R Us is a ripoff, that's what happened. Amiibo are $1 above MSRP and the best they'll offer this black Friday is putting every game at a $60 price point and saying they're buy one get one 40% off. #NoThanks

Hope best buy matches so I can use gcu. Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
In for 2.

But seriously, you would think someone who has been a member for over 10 years would know the rules by now

Hope best buy matches so I can use gcu. Thanks OP!
I sure hope that's sarcastic stupidity in thinking you can throw GCU on a price-match.

Regardless of that, you're better off waiting for Black Friday. It's sure to have a "why don't any stores have B2G1 for Black Friday?" thread, maybe even a couple.

It was a simple question. I guess I don't bother to follow rules on the Internet, or I don't pay attention to them.  See, I come from an era when the net was still the wild west.

You can treat me like the senile doddering old fool that the rest of today's youth culture can't wait to see gone from the planet.

I guess it was like a WWII story your great grandparents told you yungins.  They'd randomly pop into a conversation and start telling a story or reminiscing... in my case about the good old days when guys were in diapers when I'd walk into a TrUS and get 3 games for the price of 2 every October.

This is what age does to you, folks.  Now where are my keys?

It was a simple question. I guess I don't bother to follow rules on the Internet, or I don't pay attention to them. See, I come from an era when the net was still the wild west.

You can treat me like the senile doddering old fool that the rest of today's youth culture can't wait to see gone from the planet.

I guess it was like a WWII story your great grandparents told you yungins. They'd randomly pop into a conversation and start telling a story or reminiscing... in my case about the good old days when guys were in diapers when I'd walk into a TrUS and get 3 games for the price of 2 every October.

This is what age does to you, folks. Now where are my keys?
Do you not realize that when you post to this section that it's sent out over CAG's Twitter account and RSS feeds? You've put an unnecessary importance on something trivial. There's a reason their are rules. Being "old" is no excuse to not follow them.

Yeah TRU is kind of lame now.  Then again, Target and Best Buy haven't had one in awhile.  I understand BB because of the Gamer's Club Unlocked making new games 20% off.

I would settle if one of these 3 companies did a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on $19.99 or less on new games.

Still waiting for it to pop up but I guess its just not happening this year. Unless we somehow get super lucky and they do it when all the big games are released.

Still waiting for it to pop up but I guess its just not happening this year. Unless we somehow get super lucky and they do it when all the big games are released.
Didn't Target do this the past two years?
Last year, I think both BBY and Target had them... Amazon might have done it last year or the year before.

I'm almost certain TRU hasnt' had a true B2G1F sale last year or the 2-3 years before that. I remember a year when I was waiting for it and it never came (never saw a post about it on CAG or SD) asked about it but nobody seemed to remember/care. Same thing the years after that, was looking forward to it but never saw anything about it. Eventually, I just forget about it b/c other stores started doing similar types of deals (ie B2G1F on Wii or DS games, or PS3 games, etc.). And I think that's true for other people as well... everyone's waiting for the sale and eventually forget about it with the BF ads being released end of Oct and beginning of Nov.

I could be wrong. I did a quick search and didn't see anything about a B2G1F sale at TRU since 2011.

bread's done
Back