Whats a low cal way to become innebriated?

strayfoxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
First let me provide a couple disclaimers. I know the general answer will be to do shots of liquor, however for the past four years of my life I would drink a bottle of vodka when I wanted to become innebriated. I have reached a point where that is not possible anymore, and any sort of hard liquor I cannot drink.

I am currently in the final stages of shedding 5-10 pounds to help with my running, however, I still wish to drink with my friends during the summer when we have fires or any other event. So what is a low calorie solution?

Shots? Nah. You can *sip* booze, you know.

If you can drink liquor, you can always shoot for mixed drinks with water/club soda/diet soda. Try Jameson on the rocks w/ a splash of water and a squeeze of lemon to start with. Or spiced rum and diet cola. Or gin and tonic. Or Sambuca (clear) on the rocks with water. Manhattans are good, as are Old Fashioned (unsweeted, be sure to mention).

If you mean to say you can't drink/won't drink hard liquor at all, then your only recourse is low carb beer (Mich Ultra/Bud Select). God help you if that's you're only choice.

Also, avoid wine like the plague. Your body metabolizes the sugars in wine differently than they do beer, and they (especially reds) can be just as bad for you as drinking many, many beers in a night.

EDIT: Reading your dilemma more fully, I think that the best way for you to become inebriated is to lay off of alcohol for a month or two; javeryh is on the money, hombre.

Drink while running. That way you're burning the beer calories and improving your running.

I take no responsibility for accidents caused by this revolutionary idea.

Good luck. The two quickest ways to gaining weight are drinking alcohol and eating fast food.

Unless you have some serious workout routines, or have an amazing metabolism you will gain weight.

Beer doesn't have many calories as it is, 100-200 tops, liquor is even less. But you gain more weight from the way your body metabolizes food when you drink a lot.

start pounding these:
MicUltra.jpg

enjoy :lol:

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Beer doesn't have many calories as it is, 100-200 tops, liquor is even less. But you gain more weight from the way your body metabolizes food when you drink a lot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the fucking problem. I always eat before I drink, and then I eat about 3 hours before I sleep.

Unavoidable.. I love food more when I'm drunk.

You don't HAVE to drink you know.

*throws the other real option out there*

Honestly, if you're doing it once a week or less then one night of splurging won't kill you (weight wise).

[quote name='mykevermin']Shots? Nah. You can *sip* booze, you know.

If you can drink liquor, you can always shoot for mixed drinks with water/club soda/diet soda. Try Jameson on the rocks w/ a splash of water and a squeeze of lemon to start with. Or spiced rum and diet cola. Or gin and tonic. Or Sambuca (clear) on the rocks with water. Manhattans are good, as are Old Fashioned (unsweeted, be sure to mention).

If you mean to say you can't drink/won't drink hard liquor at all, then your only recourse is low carb beer (Mich Ultra/Bud Select). God help you if that's you're only choice.

Also, avoid wine like the plague. Your body metabolizes the sugars in wine differently than they do beer, and they (especially reds) can be just as bad for you as drinking many, many beers in a night.

EDIT: Reading your dilemma more fully, I think that the best way for you to become inebriated is to lay off of alcohol for a month or two; javeryh is on the money, hombre.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Kev.

Nothing, nothing, gets me drunker quicker than Jameson. It's the only hard liquor I keep in the freezer for when I need to get tipsy quick.

I of course, drink it with Coke, but it's much better with water... or straight!

bread's done
Back