What's are your thoughts on Until Dawn so far

S

starmask2k3

I'm not liking the game because it says you can pick who dies and who lives but not true at all and so far I'm very far in the game and I still didn't unlock any trophies

Who lives and dies depends on your choices. You actually get more trophies if you do more mistakes. There is a trophy for letting them make it alive. I got most of the trophies near the last hour of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first saw part I wanted J to live but everytime A  lived and J died 

I picked it up yesterday, but haven't played it yet. My girlfriend was/is really excited about it and that is what prompted me to pick it up, I will probably start it up tonight after work. I am not expecting much from the game and all I am thinking about is how awesome MGSV is going to be next week.

I was really excited about this game  and that is what prompted me to picking it up, but I have to say something's are not making me like the game

I started it up last night and definitely like the game more than I thought, but one major complaint I have is that I can't invert the camera controls (or at least haven't been able to find the option in the menu). I am one of those gamers who has always played with the vertical camera inverted and it throws me off when it's not, I am constantly look up when I mean to look down. 

Aside from that issue the game is fun and the story is enjoyable for what it is. With that said I doubt this game will find it's way into my top 10 at the end of the year, but it's certainly been enjoyable thus far and it looks quite good. I am also glad the game seems to only last around 7-10 hours, so I will have this beaten and out of the way for when MGSV comes out next week and takes my life over. 

I really loved playing the game.  Knowing of the trophies before starting, I tried to go for the "no one dies" trophy during my first play-through, but once my first person died, I felt kind of relieved and let myself play the way I would regularly play (I've subsequently gone through a few more times to get the Platinum trophy). This was one of the few games where I looked forward to looking at whatever collectible/info I picked up.  Some of them are quite meaningful (one of them you get in the last chapter still gets me kind of choked up thinking about it). 

I really do love when a game I had not been following at all comes along and totally blows me away.  All of my hype the last few months has been for Metal Gear, but when I saw UD was getting good reviews from horror buffs I follow, I had to check it out and I'm super glad I did.

I just finished the game for the first time last night and really enjoyed the whole experience. I was close to finishing the game with everyone alive, but once I lost someone the caution I had used up to that point was thrown out the window and I managed to get two characters out alive in the end. Definitely looking forward to playing through this again, but when that will happen I am not sure as I have a 4 day weekend coming up, but plan to devote that time to MGSV. 

I'm not liking the game because it says you can pick who dies and who lives but not true at all and so far I'm very far in the game and I still didn't unlock any trophies

For the first saw part I wanted J to live but everytime A lived and J died

I was really excited about this game and that is what prompted me to picking it up, but I have to say something's are not making me like the game
You sound like a child that isn't getting their way.

I am waiting for a price drop to 29 used from amazon warehouse before picking this one up.

Heavy Rain is still my most fav game, so hoping this is going to be at least a quality title.

I liked the game really good. I thought I would want to play through a 2nd time and get the stuff I missed, but the way the game ended I really don't feel the need to. I won't say much else to refrain from spoiling I just wasn't a fan of the ending chapters.

I'll be honest, I watched a full play-through of the game, and I really loved what I saw. I will be picking it up at some point to see how I do at it.

I rented this game the other night and loved it. I'll need to pick it up again when I get more free red box game rentals...and more time. Graphics are just insane. No one has died yet for me but I can feel I'm gonna screw that up soon.

I rented this game the other night and loved it. I'll need to pick it up again when I get more free red box game rentals...and more time. Graphics are just insane. No one has died yet for me but I can feel I'm gonna screw that up soon.
I have an b1g1 coupon for redbox if you want it

You seriously can not invert the controls? No way I can play if I can't invert.
This was a major problem for me as well. It had caused me to loose at least one character as well. Playing without inverted controls is very hard, but at least Until Dawn doesn't require a lot of shooting, those segments are extremely disorienting for me though.

bread's done
Back