What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='mykevermin']What else was added to the JPN store? I'm unable to check right now.

EDIT: While not appearing *entirely* ungrateful, the fact that we're creaming over two PSX games tomorrow, with them both being above average at best, while Japan gets half a dozen or more a month, including Ehrgeiz, Brave Fencer Musashi, Xenogears, and other classics (RE1/2, MGS, and so on and so on)? Dayum.

We've been trained to accept mediocrity and praise it as greatness.

There's a few of you on my side, I know.[/quote]

Bionic Commando Demo as well as the full game for 1200 Yen.

Yeah it does suck we do not get the same treatment as the Japanese store in regards to PSOne games. I for one did not grow up with a PlayStation (SNES/N64 back in the day) so it would be nice to play some of those games in a cheap, convenient way. As for the two PSOne games coming tomorrow, one can only hope it is the start of more to come.

[quote name='Magentis']Interesting that BCR is significantly larger on PSN (213mb vs 374mb).[/QUOTE]

It's because the PSN only secret....maybe.

[quote name='Magentis']Interesting that BCR is significantly larger on PSN (213mb vs 374mb).[/quote]
You just figured out the PSN-only secret. ;)

Anyone played Soukaigi? I'm wondering if I'll be lost not knowing any Japanese. I guess I'll need one of those Japanese PSN cards, too.

I searched the thread and I'm not sure where else to really look. Tomorrow I'm planning on buying Bionic Commando Rearmed and attempting to plan my morning/early afternoon around the title. Does anybody know what time of say Sony updates the PSN with new content? I'm in America in EST and any ideas would make my life a lot easier :)

It's usually between 1-4 PM PST here, so probably between 4-7 PM EST. There's no set time for the updates, just the earliest Sony can get them up.

Thanks for the heads up Frisky....and that utterly sucks!!!

I normally have early mornings/afternoons available so yeah I won't be playing BCR first day. :whistle2:(

Thanks for the reply much appreciated.

[quote name='mykevermin']Heh. If you're going to import any game not knowing Japanese, an RPG is not the place to start.[/quote]

Whoops. I thought this was more of a straight action game but after reading up on it a little it does sound a bit plot-heavy. I guess I'll pass until maybe someday when I'm really bored.

Also three discs, yikes!

I just found one thing that makes the PS3 (and probably the PC) version of BCR a little better than the 360 version... the load times are way shorter than the 360 one.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah analog isn't bad at all, but something like this I want on a d-pad. call me old fashioned.[/QUOTE]

I.....agree.

It stinks in Canadia we don't receive the games until late (I checked at 4pm and it still wasn't up). On XBL they throw things up as early as 5am. Sony needs more night-owls on staff.

Oh, nice surprise.
Like myke said, inoffensive enough to XBL users.

But why did it get an exclusive extra in the first place?

[quote name='dallow']Oh, nice surprise.

But why did it get an exclusive extra in the first place?[/quote]

Maybe as an apology for the delayed release, and/or trophy support?

[quote name='dallow']Oh, nice surprise.

But why did it get an exclusive extra in the first place?[/quote]

Capcom seems really interested in the PS3 market. John Diamond is out replying to lots of questions on the blog again.

Of note, in his post for SFA he writes: Some of you may be asking, “Come on John D, was that’s it?” Um, if I say more, the PR team will kick my a$$.

I would guess that either 1942 sold better on PSN than XBLA or Sony gives them a better percentage of the sale price than Microsoft.

Speaking of which, how is 1942? I felt like I was burned on Commando 3. It just didn't capture the good ol' feel I was expecting from a Commando/Ikari Warriors kinda game.

Oh, someone tell Mr Capcom-responds-to-every-post-guy to remake Gun.Smoke.

Well this is an exciting update week. Bionic Commando, Street Fighter, Driver, and hopefully the demo of 1942 plus there could be more.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So when do the Home Beta Sign-Ups get sent out for the winners of the theme contest?[/quote]

I would like to know as well.

I hope the Tiger Woods 09 demo comes out today also.

Downloadable Games

Bionic Commando: Rearmed ($9.99)
File size: 373 MB

PS1 Classics for PS3/PSP

Street Fighter Alpha
File size: 80 MB

Add-on Game Content

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.
* “Constant Motion” - Dream Theater ($0.99)
* “Aesthetics of Hate” - Machine Head ($0.99)
* “My Curse” - Killswitch Engage ($0.99)
* “Clouds Over California” - DevilDriver ($0.99)
* “Runnin’ Wild” - Airbourne ($0.99)
* “Sleepwalker” - Megadeth ($0.99)
* Roadrunner Records Pack 1 ($5.99) - includes “Runnin’ Wild” - Airbourne, “Clouds Over California” - DevilDriver, “Constant Motion” - Dream Theater, “My Curse” -Killswitch Engage, “Aesthetics of Hate” - Machine Head , and “Sleepwalker” - Megadeth.
File sizes: 22.5 MB - 48.8 MB (singles), 221 MB (track pack)
Price Promotion: these tracks will become to $1.99 on 8/21. The track pack will become $9.99 on 8/21.

Game Demos (free)

Bionic Commando: Rearmed Demo File size: 373 MB
1942: Joint Strike Demo File size: 129 MB
NHL 2K9 Demo File size: 637 MB
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2009 Demo File size: 1006 MB

Game Videos (free)

The Last Guy Gameplay Trailer 2
Bionic Commando: Rearmed: The Making Of - Part 3
Bionic Commando: Rearmed Launch Trailer
Saints Row 2 – Gangs Trailer
Vampire Rain Gameplay Trailer 1
Vampire Rain Running Alley Trailer
Legendary Behind the Scenes Teaser Trailer
Madden NFL 09 Buzz Video
Madden NFL 09 Announcers Video
Madden NFL 09 Presentation Video
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 : Fusion
Mirror’s Edge Story Trailer 1
AST Dew Tour - Cleveland FMX Jam Session
AST Dew Tour - Cleveland Skate Thrills
AST Dew Tour - Cleveland BMX Highlights
AST Dew Tour - Hear it from Nyquist

PS3 Themes (free)

BioShock Theme
Bionic Commando: Rearmed Theme (x2)

PS3 Wallpaper (free)

Bionic Commando: Rearmed Wallpaper (x2)

PLAYSTATION Store for PC

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.
PS1 Classics for PS3/PSP
Street Fighter Alpha ($5.99)
PSP Themes (free)
Bionic Commando: Rearmed Theme (also downloadable via PS3)
PSP Wallpaper (free)
Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 Wallpaper (x2)
Madden NFL 09 Wallpaper (x2)
Hope you enjoy!

[quote name='chodax']Not like I was gonna buy it, but I wonder why Driver isn't up.[/QUOTE]

They'd exeed their quarterly quota for PSX games.

That's my guess, at any rate.

;)

Helluva update overall. And being a Mac user, the PC store doesn't work for me, so it's nice to be able to get themes from the PSN store for my PSP.

Interesting. I'd rather they focus on PSX/PS2 titles as DLC (esp if the latter involves PS2 BC for all PS3 systems). But, hey, if this means I can snag a disc copy of the game for $30, cool.

yeah, first fatal inertia then this... personally I think this is going to boost the hell outa BP's sales since it was a game built around the PS3 and it's being delivered direct to the market. I'm not even a huge burnout fan but I'm contemplating it now since the title has had so much support for free.

oh and BCRs surprise is apparently an extra medal and extra challenge room. not much but a plus :)

[quote name='mykevermin']Interesting. I'd rather they focus on PSX/PS2 titles as DLC (esp if the latter involves PS2 BC for all PS3 systems). But, hey, if this means I can snag a disc copy of the game for $30, cool.[/quote]
Myke, ask and ye shall receive: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...adise&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1195599475768

I think $29.99 is MSRP now so you should be able to get it anywhere for that. The game is well worth it IMO, in fact I still don't regret paying $60 on day 1.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']oh and BCRs surprise is apparently an extra medal and extra challenge room. not much but a plus :)[/quote]
Yeah, but you can remote play via PSP which is a big + for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played through the demo for BCR. It's every bit as old-school and occasionally frustrating as the original. I swear, the fact that he can't even crawl up a sandbag or a barrel...!

The 2nd Challenge room represents everything I dislike about the controls. It just feels unnecessarily difficult. The rest of the demo was fun, though, so I might still get it.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/14/burnout-paradise-coming-to-psn/

Today we’re proud to announce another PlayStation exclusive for Burnout Paradise. This fall, we’ll be making the entire game available for download via the US PLAYSTATION Store. You’ll finally be able to join us in Paradise City without leaving the comfort of your home, and you won’t have to get up to put the disk in!

$29.99, and will come with all the updates thus far. I find this pretty interesting. I rented Burnout Paradise, but I was kinda resistant to play it because of putting the disc in. It seems like a really good fit for it if you ask me.

bread's done
Back