What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

I'm not sure what isn't included in the Live package, but here's what is supposed to be in Supernova:

Ignoring them should be particularly easy given the bevy of distractions packed into Lumines Supernova's $15 package: 40 skins; a new "Dig Down" mode; a Sequencer mode for creating your own background music; Time Attack and Skin Edit modes; Puzzle and Mission levels; Trophies; and a local 2-player Battle mode for those sharing types who ignore the "mine" in Lumines.

And hey, don't forget the LittleBigPlanet skin, which will join a free "Holiday Pack" of 20 additional skins. The latter is available for a limited time only -- just like Christmas.

Oh crap, ANOTHER PSX game.

Suikoden Now Available for PLAYSTATION® Network

What:

Konami's epic RPG Suikoden makes its way onto PLAYSTATION®Network today as the flagship title is now available for download for $5.99. In Suikoden, players enter an ancient world of bravery, mysticism and romance as they embark on a quest to discover their true destinies.

With the future of the Scarlet Moon Empire at stake, players seek out the Stars of Destiny to aid them in overthrowing the corrupt government. The head of the Liberation Army, players can also gather up to 108 companions to join them in battles as they call the shots in large-scale warfare. Suikoden offers variation in combat with the ability to battle groups of enemies with a team of six characters, defeat foes in one-on-one duels, or control the battlefield during major conflicts as the Liberation army wages war.

[quote name='snakelda']What time does sony update the store?[/QUOTE]

New PS3 owner?

[quote name='yukine']Konami must be reading your posts, myke.[/QUOTE]

fixed. I'm but one perpetual bitch in a sea of perpetual bitches. There are ample complaints on the Playstation blog about the lack of PSOne downloads. I think so, anyway.

[quote name='mykevermin']New PS3 owner?

fixed. I'm but one perpetual bitch in a sea of perpetual bitches. There are ample complaints on the Playstation blog about the lack of PSOne downloads. I think so, anyway.[/quote]No.I've had it since July 07 but I just wanted to d/l the LBP MGS stuff before I go to work.

[quote name='snakelda']No.I've had it since July 07 but I just wanted to d/l the LBP MGS stuff before I go to work.[/QUOTE]

There's no "time" Sony updates the store b/c it's so inconsistent from week to week. They update when they goddamned jolly well please; we just know the day they do.

All PS3 owners should know that by now.

[quote name='Maklershed']Probably a stupid question, but are they ever gonna make PS2 games available through the PSN store?[/QUOTE]Maybe. They have to develop good software based backwards compatibility for the PS3 first, though, so it'll be awhile.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']It looks like Suikoden is already up in the store, but nothing else is up I'm an idiot, or I just have the worst timing.[/QUOTE]

Really? I can see everything up now...including the MGS Character Kit and Level Kit!!!! Each will set you back $5.99

[quote name='Mojimbo']Maybe. They have to develop good software based backwards compatibility for the PS3 first, though, so it'll be awhile.[/quote]

A statement like that reminds me how glad I am to have the 60gb model. :)

So what's Suikoden like? Is it long .. does it involve a lot of grinding .. is it difficult? If the answers to those three questions are "no", I'm sold.

It's a little tough at times and can be long if you decide to go after all the characters, but it's one of the very best RPGs on the PSX. It has an excellent, emotional story, with beautiful graphics and soundtrack, too. $6 is a bargain.

Update is live:

PULSE

PULSE 12/23 Edition
Today, as requested, we’re making PULSE presented by the PlayStation Network available as a free video download through the PlayStation Store. This original program is a high definition video showcase of what’s happening right now on PlayStation. You’ll find the current edition of Pulse in the New Releases section of the PS3 store.
File size: 184 MB (HD)
Price Update

Jeopardy (permanent price drop to $9.99)
Downloadable Games

LUMINES Supernova ($14.99)
Indulge in the fusion of puzzle, lights and music! The latest installment to the blockbuster franchise from Tetsuya Mizuguchi and Q Entertainment is packed with brand new skins and modes, exclusive to the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. Puzzles, block-dropping beats and video entertainment combine to create a pulse-pounding experience that will keep you playing day after day!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 669 MB
Add-on Game Content

BUZZ! Quiz TV National Geographic: Undersea ($7.99)
The world famous National Geographic archives brings you the ultimate quiz on aquatic trivia. This BUZZ! Quiz TV quiz pack features over 500 new questions about everything undersea to play in any of your favorite BUZZ! Quiz TV game modes. Download this quiz pack today and turn your party into the ultimate trivia showdown. Challenge your friends and family with new questions and “Show ‘em Your Trivia!”
File size: 340 MB
High Velocity Bowling: Patches Pack One (free)
It’s time to bowl – High Velocity style! Add this free downloadable Trick Shot Pack to your High Velocity Bowling selection, and get another opportunity for a gold star and some of those tough patches.
File size: 100 KB
High Velocity Bowling: Gutter Bird Ball (free)
It’s time to bowl – High Velocity style! Spice up your bowling game with this cool custom “Gutter Bird Ball” bowling ball, complete with a turkey inside cooked to a delicious golden brown. Download this free bowling ball today.
File size: 1.20 MB
Hot Shots Golf New Character Toro (free)
Happy Holidays everyone from your friends on the Hot Shots golf development team. As a gift from us to you, please enjoy this new playable character “Toro”. Toro is a fun loving character who likes to do things the easy way especially in the ways he plays golf.
LittleBigPlanet - Solid Snake Costume ($1.99)
The best thing about Sackboy is that you can make him look and act exactly how you want. Download this costume to dress up like Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid.
NOTE: to download this costume, you must already own LittleBigPlanet.
File size: 1.04 MB
LittleBigPlanet - Meryl Silverburgh Costume ($1.99)
The best thing about Sackboy is that you can make him look and act exactly how you want. Download this costume to dress up like Meryl Silverburgh from Metal Gear Solid.
LittleBigPlanet - Screaming Mantis Costume ($1.99)
The best thing about Sackboy is that you can make him look and act exactly how you want. Download this costume to dress up like Screaming Mantis from Metal Gear Solid.
LittleBigPlanet - Raiden Costume ($1.99)
The best thing about Sackboy is that you can make him look and act exactly how you want. Download this costume to dress up like Raiden from Metal Gear Solid.
LittleBigPlanet - Metal Gear Solid Costume Kit($5.99)
The best thing about Sackboy is that you can make him look and act exactly how you want. Download this costume kit to dress up like Screaming Mantis, Meryl Silverburgh, Raiden or Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid.
NOTE: to download these costumes, you must already own LittleBigPlanet.
LittleBigPlanet Metal Gear Solid Level Kit ($5.99)
Send Sackboy into a covert world of stealth and intrigue with this downloadable collection of Metal Gear Solid goodies.
NOTE: to download this Level Kit, you must already own LittleBigPlanet.

PAIN: Ao No Kutsu Character ($0.99)
Say hello to PAIN’s biggest launchee yet (literally), Ao No Kutsu! Sumo wrestler by day, and Rock & Roll idolizer by night, “The King of Sumo” is available now to serve up the PAIN in mammoth portions.
Disgaea 3 Adell DLC ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Adell from Disgaea 2.
Disgaea 3 Disgaea 2 Character Pack ($4.99)
This package file adds a new custom characters Adell, Rozalin, Nekomata. You also receive the Disgaea 2 Main Char Theme for free with purchase!
Disgaea 3 Nekomata DLC ($0.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Nekomata.
Disgaea 3 Rozalin DLC ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Rozalin from Disgaea 2.
LUMINES Supernova Holiday Pack (free)
This free LUMINES Supernova download pack contains 20 special holiday-themed skins! Seasons greetings from Q Entertainment!
File size: 148 MB
Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com

• “Because of You” by Nickelback ($1.99)
  • Light It Up” by Rev Theory ($1.99)
  • “Use Me” by Hinder ($1.99)
  • Hard Rock Track Pack ($5.49) - Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Light It Up” by Rev Theory, “Because of You” by Nickelback, and “Use Me” by Hinder.
  • Reggae Rock Track Pack (free) - Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Your Face” by Pepper, “Jimi” by Slightly Stoopid, and “Sacrifice” by Expendables.
File sizes: 38 MB - 44 MB (singles), 118 MB - 123 MB (track packs)
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2
Expand your Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 library by purchasing these tracks.

• In the Air Tonight ($1.49)
  • Time Of The Season ($1.49)
  • Too Little Too Late ($1.49)
File sizes: 18 MB - 29 MB
Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “DOA” - Foo Fighters ($1.99)
  • “This is a Call” - Foo Fighters ($1.99)
  • “Times Like These” - Foo Fighters ($1.99)
  • Foo Fighters Pack 1 ($5.49) - Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: Foo Fighters Pack 01. This pack includes: “DOA,” “This Is A Call,” and “Times Like These” by Foo Fighters.
  • “Blue Christmas” - The Pretenders ($0.99)
  • “Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You” - Billy Squier($0.99)
  • “Hanukkah Blessings” - Barenaked Ladies ($0.99)
  • Rockin’ the Holidays 2008 Pack ($2.99) - Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: Rockin’ the Holidays 2008 Pack. This pack includes: “Blue Christmas” by The Pretenders, “Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You” by Billy Squier, and “Hanukkah Blessings” by Barenaked Ladies.
File sizes: 15 MB - 35 MB (singles) 65 MB - 94 MB (track packs)
Shaun White Snowboarding Glamour Pack - Regular Edition ($4.99)
Get ready for new gear that’s guaranteed to turn heads on the mountain! With new boards, jackets, pants and a bunch more, we will get you outfitted from head to toe in style with this first Shaun White Snowboarding gear pack. Not compatible with the Target Edition. The Target Edition version of this pack is available separately – please be sure to download the correct one for your edition of the game.
File size: 44 MB
Shaun White Snowboarding Glamour Pack - Target Edition ($4.99)
Get ready for new gear that’s guaranteed to turn heads on the mountain! With new boards, jackets, pants and a bunch more, we will get you outfitted from head to toe in style with this first Shaun White Snowboarding gear pack. Only compatible with the Target Edition. The regular edition version of this pack is available separately – please be sure to download the correct one for your edition of the game.
File size: 44 MB
Game Demos (free)

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest Demo
Download The Lord of the Rings: Conquest online multiplayer demo and choose your side! Fight for either Good or Evil in the battle for Middle-earth!
File size: 1.28 GB
Game Videos (free)

PULSE 12/23 Edition
PULSE presented by the PlayStation Network is a free high definition video showcase of what’s happening right now on PlayStation. Featuring new game releases, demos, movie and television arrivals available for your PS3 and PSP systems, PULSE is a fast-paced new source to keep you connected and informed about the world of PlayStation. Hosted by Christina Lee.
File size: 184 MB (HD)
PS3 Themes

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Disgaea 2 Character Theme ($0.99)
File size: 1.38 MB
The Dark Knight: Batman Theme ($1.99)
File size: 2.37 MB
The Dark Knight: Harvey Dent Theme ($1.99)
File size: 1.92 MB
The Dark Knight: Joker Theme ($1.99)
File size: 2.36 MB
Resident Evil: Degeneration Theme (free)
File size: 7.59 MB
University of Virginia ($1.99)
File size: 5.20 MB
School Girls ($1.49)
File size: 4.82 MB
Digital Blast ($1.49)
File size: 5.92 MB
Bikini Photo Shoot ($1.99)
File size: 5.29 MB
Alpine Winters ($1.49)
File size: 6.16 MB
PS3 Wallpaper (free)

Savage Moon Wallpaper 1
File size: 223 KB (HD) 949 KB (1080)
Savage Moon Wallpaper 2
File size: 198 KB (HD) 953 KB (1080)
PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games

* Suikoden ($5.99) (also available from PS3 Storefront)
Enter an ancient world full of bravey, mysticism, and romance as you discover your true destiny in this epic RPG. Head up the Liberation Army and gather up to 108 companions to join your struggle, and call the shots in large-scale warfare. Download this PS one classic today!
File size: 332 MB

[quote name='Maklershed']A statement like that reminds me how glad I am to have the 60gb model. :)

So what's Suikoden like? Is it long .. does it involve a lot of grinding .. is it difficult? If the answers to those three questions are "no", I'm sold.[/quote]

It's decently long, probably 50-ish hours. It's very difficult or require much, if any, grinding. One of my favorites.

[quote name='Maklershed']A statement like that reminds me how glad I am to have the 60gb model. :)

So what's Suikoden like? Is it long .. does it involve a lot of grinding .. is it difficult? If the answers to those three questions are "no", I'm sold.[/quote]
It's not very long, even if you try to get all the characters, I'd say 30 hours or less.
Suikoden doesn't require any grinding either, even if your characters are under leveled the bosses usually set them on the right track. It's not very difficult, however a few battles can be challenging.

It has an excellent story that needs to be experienced by every RPG fan. One of my favorite titles, only bested by it's sequel.

I'm surprised that they brought the Toro DLC to the US Store since nobody with that game will really have any idea who the hell he is. At least they were smart and made him free.

I may have to get some money together to get the MGS4 LBP DLC, Suikoden, and Lumines. I'm glad they've learned from the mess they made of Lumines Live and seem to be giving this release some value.

[quote name='Psykodelik']Tempted to get Suikoden but wasn't part 2 supposed to be better than part 1? I know we may never get part 2 or at least for a very long time.[/QUOTE]

Part 2 is a sequel to part one.. =) Some characters from part one are a little older in it and that sort of thing.
It can even use your save file from part one to do a few things.

In other words, don't hold out on Suikoden 1 because 2 is 'better'.

Glad that Suikoden is finally out in the States. Now I don't feel so bad about selling my copy to, incidentally, pay for my PS3.

All I need is for Suikoden II and Valkyrie Profile to also be released and any lingering regrets will be eliminated. *crosses fingers*

Is Suikoden still good to this day? Still fairly new to JRPG's, and i don't think i'll ever finish FFX cuz it's too much of a pain in the ass to grind just to beat it =/. This still good?

[quote name='Psykodelik']Tempted to get Suikoden but wasn't part 2 supposed to be better than part 1? I know we may never get part 2 or at least for a very long time.[/QUOTE]

I honestly liked the first one a lot... yes, the second one is better in some ways but the first one is almost as good. And besides, it's 6 fucking dollars dude, just get it!:D

[quote name='Ecofreak']Glad that Suikoden is finally out in the States. Now I don't feel so bad about selling my copy to, incidentally, pay for my PS3.

All I need is for Suikoden II and Valkyrie Profile to also be released and any lingering regrets will be eliminated. *crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they'll release VP... considering it got a PSP remake (of sorts).

Get it to support more fucking PSOne games being released on the PSN.

EDIT: Japan PSN slaps the US right in the dick with 6 more PSX games this week:
Biohazard 3: Last Escape (Resident Evil Nemesis)
Kagero (Kagero: Deception 2)
Brigandine Grand Edition (wasn't there a Brigandine release in the US?)
Front Mission 2
Harvest Moon
Harvest Moon for Girls

[quote name='mykevermin']Get it to support more fucking PSOne games being released on the PSN.

EDIT: Japan PSN slaps the US right in the dick with 6 more PSX games this week:
Biohazard 3: Last Escape (Resident Evil Nemesis)
Kagero (Kagero: Deception 2)
Brigandine Grand Edition (wasn't there a Brigandine release in the US?)
Front Mission 2
Harvest Moon
Harvest Moon for Girls[/quote]

Brigadine came out - I know because my roommate in college played it every day for a while after studying. Looked pretty mediocre to me.

I hope they bring over Saga Frontier since its on the Japan PSN :O

Suikoden !!

they need to bring Suikoden II then im jizz in my pants~

[quote name='doubledown']I think I may get Jeopardy finally...[/quote]
Don't, until the price drops to zero. :D

Questions repeat in literally every game. Lack of decent sound makes it feel like you're playing in a mausoleum. Questions are too easy. Very few people are playing online (because people have had all the questions before already, I think) and the ones that do, quit in the middle of games, and then you don't get credit for the win.

Other than that, yeah, go ahead, buy it. :)

ETA: And I say this as a huge Jeopardy! fan.

Bought Suikoden. Put a few hours into it. Still waiting for my castle but so far so good. BTW, can I take a crystal off a weapon? I have a wind shard and I'm not sure what to do with it.

bread's done
Back