What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

The Savage Moon demo is definitely there.

Why is Siren coming up first on the update? I saw they're bundling it at 29.99. Isn't that the regular price?

Edit: Those buzz! add on pack prices can officially eat a dick. $6 was pushing it. $8 is absurd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Siren allegedly "$10 off". But yeah, I'd agree w/you if you felt it really should be $30 or less. :p

If Christina Lee gave out free PSN games via Twitter she'd be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mjr. Nelson.

Nope, there is no Savage Moon demo there. It's not under latest demos and it's not even listed with all of the Savage Moon media in the Savage Moon section of the store. I see that the Wolverine demo is no longer there, as well.

Every Savage Moon-related item in the store:
[img-c=4835]6990[/img-c]
First set of items in the update:
[img-c=4835]6991[/img-c]
Second set of items in the update:
[img-c=4835]6992[/img-c]
Latest Demos:
[img-c=4835]6994[/img-c]

Sorry for the blurry pics, but you can make out most everything that's in those pictures anyway.
It's not there.

I doubt it since all of the demos for another other games I own are still there. That wouldn't explain the disappearance of the Wolverine demo either.

I logged into an alternate account and it finally showed up. That has to be one of the stupidest things that Sony has done in a while. Wolverine demo was still gone, so I guess I should remove that from the list and put Savage Moon back in.

Weird, I don't see the Wolverine Demo either. I'm sure it's up, but maybe for some reason the links aren't getting displayed correctly?

Also, the latest Pulse is pretty cool. That Pinball game looks good, and they keep teasing me with reasons to subscribe to Qore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, not all PS3s can play PS2 games.[/quote]
I'm done holding out the hope that Sony will ever implement software backwards compatibility for PS2 games. I don't know much about the PS2 hardware, but I know the PS3 is potentially more powerful than computers which do good DC emulation, so you'd think it would be possible. But then again I don't know how parallelizable (?) emulation is, I can see how there might be issues there too.

That aside it's probably not in Sony's business interests to give us that, since "we all still have PS2s".

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sure, but it's just Sony that is doing that crap since most everything else is $14.99 or less for PSP games.[/quote]

Shrug, haven't really looked at them past the Sony games. I know Puzzle Quest is still $15, even though it dropped to $10 for 360 quite awhile ago.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Galactrix isn't out on PSP yet nor has it been announced for PSP, so there wasn't a chance that there would be two versions of the game.[/quote]

Eh, someone earlier said the PSN download was gonna be for the PSP as well. I know a UMD copy hasn't been announced yet, but figured a DD for PSP would be possible since it was gonna be a DD for PS3 too.

[quote name='Bluth Superfan']Good show on the PSOne games. I really do hope this is the start of regular releases. Now they just need to get the PSP game prices lower.[/quote]

Agreed

Don't know if it's been worked out or not, but the PS blog email I received this morning said the Wolverine demo would be available today.

So that explains why I can't see the sf4 bundle either, my main account has the brawler pack already and so apparently it won't show me the full pack. Logged in to another account and it shows up fine.

R-Type Delta is great. I downloaded it last night. I like the PSP transfer feature too. First PS1 Store purchase. Is there any way to get the game to display on the full screen of the PSP? Can I strech it?

Hit the PS/Home button on the PSP and mess with the display settings. I can't remember off the top of my head if there's a way to stretch PSOne games on the PSP but if there is, it's there.

For anyone who bought Spryo 2, there's also a demo for Crash Team Racing hidden in the game.

(Hold L1 + R2 and press [] at the title screen.)

The Wolverine demo is back in the store now and is the first thing.

It's disappointing that they're filtering out content based on what you bought or didn't buy instead of showing it all and marking the stuff you can't buy with the red bag icon, which is what they did until now. I checked the Warhawk add-ons and noticed the bundle that was there was gone under my main account since I own one of the add-on, which I confirmed still existed with an alt account.

Wow, I just realized...Japan got R-Type Delta TWO years ago! Shit.

I'll probably buy it tonight though. It's supposed to be among the best of the R-Types.

[quote name='gunm']Wow, I just realized...Japan got R-Type Delta TWO years ago! Shit.

I'll probably buy it tonight though. It's supposed to be among the best of the R-Types.[/QUOTE]

Alright, King of Fighters '95 is due any day now!

I can't wait until 2011 when we start to get those Square games.

[quote name='brighenne']So that explains why I can't see the sf4 bundle either, my main account has the brawler pack already and so apparently it won't show me the full pack. Logged in to another account and it shows up fine.[/QUOTE]

I am having the same problem. So, I have to log into one of my alternate accounts to DL the SF4 costume bundle?

[quote name='Gamehead']I am having the same problem. So, I have to log into one of my alternate accounts to DL the SF4 costume bundle?[/quote]

Yep, you can't buy the pack on an account where you already have one of the individual costume packs.

[quote name='brighenne']Yep, you can't buy the pack on an account where you already have one of the individual costume packs.[/QUOTE]

How incredibly shady, and desperate .

Nice to see Spyro 2 on PSN (or any PlayStation games on PSN for that matter). I only played the first and third one.

[quote name='pete5883']Huh?[/quote]

If you already downloaded one of the full price packs, they don't allow you access to the cheaper all in one pack, which forces you to buy them individually at an inflated price if you want the rest of them.

This is a huge slap in the face to me, because I bought the CE version and downloaded the brawler pack...so basically because I bought the CE, they won't let me buy the discount pack.

I'll let you be the one to hold your breath.

That's all I really want is some regularity with the updates. Nearly half a year with no releases in the US (until last week, early December 2008 was the last time we saw releases - Suikoden, or Castlevania Chronicles, I think). Just 1 a week is fine, even if it stinks. It shows they're trying.

They did redesign the whole PSX section, and gave the games new splash pages and icons. That's the only reason I'm hoping.

Someone pointed out the left border of the PSX games even have the little "ridged" texture actual PSX games had.

5.00? I think that's the one that came out last summer that added the PS Store to the XMB, so you can download PS1 games directly from there. Though I think the PS Store requires the latest firmware to download anything at all, so you could stick with one of the updates before that lets you play them if you transfer them over via PS3.

Are there plans for the PS1 games to get trophies like games on the 360 have been doing?

I'm pretty pumped for that pinball game. I hope it's fun. I might buy it.

Gunstar Heroes coming to PSN with online co-op.
360 gets 6 other Genesis games for some reason... (all but 1 or 2 are on the Genesis Collection)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't recall Xbox games having achievements, so I would doubt PS1 games would follow suit.[/quote]

I meant stuff like Banjo, etc.

Adding trophies to PSOne titles = longer process of development. I'm fine with them getting the VC treatment (not to mention their comparative price to VC titles).

Two titles are greater than $6 - Castlevania SOTN (thanks in large part to SOTN XBLA, I think) and FFVII International ($10/$15 respectively).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Those are XBLA games, so of course they get achievements.[/quote]

So the mandatory trophies deal doesn't apply to the PS1 games? Would have been a nice feature but as long as more games get released I can't complain.

I wish they'd release Pandemonium. That's one game I regret trading away.

[quote name='brighenne']If you already downloaded one of the full price packs, they don't allow you access to the cheaper all in one pack, which forces you to buy them individually at an inflated price if you want the rest of them.

This is a huge slap in the face to me, because I bought the CE version and downloaded the brawler pack...so basically because I bought the CE, they won't let me buy the discount pack.[/quote]

Same here, we have to get it thru another account.

Anyone interested in gamesharing the discount pack? I'll start a thread on the Gamesharing thread.

bread's done
Back