What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

I still haven't beaten the single player mode but it was certainly worth the 10 at the time. A lot of love went into that game.

[quote name='dallow']The giveaway is really odd, but I'll download it.[/QUOTE]

You get a game for free and think, "Wow -- I just saved $10. Think I'll buy something with that money. Oh my! I just spent $30!!!"

Yay for sales tactics.

Man I'm torn about Zen Pinball. I love pinball games, and it has 4 tables (with more to come in the future), but there's something about it that doesn't strike me right. I've got the pinball game for XBLA and while the graphics aren't nearly as nice and the presentation isn't as polished, it just feels different.

Anyone buy it yet?

I like Zen Pinball--the physics are solid, and the demo table is a pretty fun theme. The only thing I'm a little disappointed in is lack of Sixaxxis support to nudge the table, but I realize what sounds good in theory doesn't always work out well in practice, so it's probably for the best.

Ahh, that was good evening of PSN gaming. Picked up BCR, RDKF, and Zen Pinball. I was very impressed by the sound in BCR--I think that's one of the loudest, bassiest default sound settings I've heard from a game in a while. I do think the PSN version feels a little better than what I played on XBLA, but it's probably just my own personal preferences. Zen Pinball has a real addictive quality to it. I really enjoy Pinball, so this one was pretty much a no-brainer for me. Kinda crazy how high some of the scores are so soon after the game was released though. >_<

Rag Doll...hm, I dunno quite what to say about it. It's more like Puppet Kung Fu. The avatars have a real floaty, "Sackboy" feel in the controls. I'm sure it's fine for short bursts of goofy entertainment, but I'm glad it was free as I wouldn't have picked it up otherwise. :p

I think you have to download the demo along with the key in order to get the full game. I already had the demo on my system and when I downloaded the key and it just changed the demo into the full version.

:lol: Spec Ops were the budget games that started to release near the end of the PS1 lifecycle. I bought the first one back when it initially released for $10... it's really really bad. Stay away from them.

I expect that we will get MGS1 during sony's E3 press due to certain reasons...

Ooh, I never got around to finishing MOH Underground when I rented it in like 2000. I'd probably buy that for 6 bucks.

Those Spec Ops games are digital aids. Keep your PS3s safe from them.

I hope we get some good games tomorrow for PS1 though. since it seems to be a regular thing now (finally... took am long enough) it's becoming my favorite section of the store now... now all they need to do is actually release the good PS1 titles and not mostly shitty 1st gen titles.

[quote name='Halo05']Ooh, I never got around to finishing MOH Underground when I rented it in like 2000. I'd probably buy that for 6 bucks.
[/QUOTE]

Just be prepared for the ugliness that will appear on your screen. I only say that because any FPS you're likely to have played on PS3 (COD4, COD WAW, or Killzone 2) will make MOH Underground all but unplayable. I had the same slight effect when I loaded up Castlevania Chronicles for the first time, but the nostalgia factor made me forget that quickly!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I hope we get some good games tomorrow for PS1 though. since it seems to be a regular thing now (finally... took am long enough) it's becoming my favorite section of the store now... now all they need to do is actually release the good PS1 titles and not mostly shitty 1st gen titles.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. There's obviously demand for them, and it's mind-boggling that they don't see the "instant $" these titles can generate (especially when they're only $5.99 or so). I'd love to see at least one new RPG each week, and there's also a handful of other titles that would be instant buys for me (Klonoa definitely comes to mind)!

Though it may speak to the quality of the titles, none of the PS1 games from the week before last made the Top 20 Downloads for that week. I'm sure if MGS or RE were released that they would make a blip on that list.

I did find it interesting that eight of the twenty spots are Rock Band songs or song packs.

[quote name='smiggity']Sorny thinks people want shitty PS1 games but when it really comes down to it not very many people buy them[/QUOTE]

fixed.

When they release Big Titles like Crash Racing, MGS, or Resident Evils, then they'd see sales.

[quote name='smiggity']We will see. Im sure MGS and RE will sell ok but beyond that I dont see much.[/QUOTE]

I'd love it if they released these games so I can dump off my GC versions while they're worth anything.

[quote name='dallow']But the GC versions are enchanced remakes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Unless a Wii collection comes out, I'm not letting go of my GC Resident Evil Collection. Hell No.[/QUOTE]

True, I know they're enhanced remakes, and I too have every RE game released on GC. I am a total fanboy for Nintendo brand games and have about 3 dozen GC/Wii games I NEVER play because I hate the controllers so much. I can't stand motion controls at all and even if I just wanted to play a GC game, it's like I always have to charge up batteries just to pop them in the Wiimote long enough to navigate to start the GC game and it never feels worth the effort. Not to mention I hate teh shoulder buttons on GC controllers. Maybe I'm lazy.. or maybe I'm spoiled by not having to deal with that for my PS3. Regardless I'd take the original versions in digital form with no disc/battery/controller swapping.

They're not really enhanced. There's no waggle, no pointing where to shoot. It's just the GC version with the normal buttons mapped to a Wiimote and Nunchuck.

Though the store hasn't been fully updated yet, you can grab the Tiger Woods 10 and Infamous demos via the banners on the front page now to beat the rush if you don't want to wait.

Pulse
Pulse - May 21 - Free

PS1 Games
Tom Cancy's Rainbow Six - $5.99
Ford Racing - $5.99

Demos

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
Up
Infamous

Add-ons
FEAR 2: Project Origins - Armored Front Map Pack - $6.99
Tom Clancy's HAWX - Russian Falcons Pack - $4.99
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift - Patriot Signature Livery Pack - Free
PAIN - Ded Baron Character - $0.99
LittleBigPlanet - Monsters Kit - $3.99
LittleBigPlanet - Monsters Costume Pack - $2.99
LittleBigPlanet - Sackula - $0.99
LittleBigPlanet - Bride of Sackula - $0.99
LittleBigPlanet - Werewolf - $0.99
LittleBigPlanet - Zombie - $0.99
Rock Band - Alice Cooper Pack 1 - $9.99 - Includes the six songs below
Rock Band - "Billion Dollar Babies (Live)" by Alice Cooper - $1.99
Rock Band - "I'm Eighteen (Live)" by Alice Cooper - $1.99
Rock Band - "School's Out (Live)" by Alice Cooper - $1.99
Rock Band - "Under My Wheels (Live)" by Alice Cooper - $1.99
Rock Band - "Poison (Live)" by Alice Cooper - $1.99
Rock Band - "Vengeance Is Mine (Live)" by Alice Cooper - $1.99
Rock Band - Taking Back Sunday Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band - "Liar (It Takes One To Know One)" by Taking Back Sunday - $1.99
Rock Band - "MakeDamnSure" by Taking Back Sunday - $1.99
Rock Band - "What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost?" by Taking Back Sunday - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - European Track Pack 5 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Disconnected" by In Flames - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Look Good In Leather" by Cody Chesnutt - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Oh Yeah!" by Housse de Rocket - $1.99

Videos
Fat Princess Developer Diary 1
Infamous Technology Trailer
Infamous Empire City Trailer
MotorStorm Pacific Rift Signature Livery Trailer
Red Faction: Guerrilla Art of Destruction 1 Trailer
Red Faction: Guerrilla Art of Destruction 2 Trailer
Red Faction: Guerrilla Tools of Destruction 1 Trailer
Red Faction: Guerrilla Tools of Destruction 2 Trailer
Terminator Salvation Teaser Trailer
Virtua Tennis 2009 Court 1 Trailer
Virtua Tennis 2009 Court 2 Trailer
Passengers Trailer
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans Trailer
Paul Blart: Mall Cop Trailer
The Sky Crawlers Trailer

Premium Themes
FEAR 2: Project Origin MP - $0.99
Gangsters 2 - $1.49
Gangsters 3 PSP - $0.99
Gangsters 4 PSP - $0.99
Argyle Girls - $1.49
Argyle Girls PSP - $1.49
Hockey Hottie - $1.49
Hockey Hottie PSP - $1.99
Tigers - $1.49

Themes
PAIN
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Wallpaper
The Sky Crawlers

PSP Demos
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - 189 MB

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i'd say semi good update today... lots of stuff, but too diverse to make any one person happy.

Glad to see more PS1 games but nothing to be proud about.[/QUOTE]

Jeez you fucking reek.

Only thing worthwhile is the Infamous demo.

And you're glad to see shitty PSX games released?

#-o

Are you 'genna' be glad ifwhen Sorny says 'We'd release more PSX games but nobody buys them'?

And what are your 'sources' saying is coming next? Action Bass? KISS Pinball?

:roll:

Don't praise garbage you dummy.

The Top 20 Downloads for the Past Week:

1. Zen Pinball
2. Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 1
3. "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm for Rock Band - Was #1 the week before this
4. "Stricken" by Disturbed for Rock Band
5. "Stupify" by Disturbed for Rock Band
6. PAIN: Sore Spots
7. Killzone 2: Steel & Titanium Pack
8. Bionic Commando: Rearmed
9. The King of Fighters '99 (PS1)
10. Call of Duty 4 Variety Map Pack
11. "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand for Rock Band
12. Resident Evil 5 Versus Mode
13. "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey for Rock Band
14. Social Distortion Pack 1 for Rock Band
15. Worms