What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

Probably more languages on the Euro version Myke.

Also, the demo for it has been on US PSN since June. :p
They're getting a UMD release only just now.

Make that May! (may 28th, :) )
And yeah. I'll probably import it ala Patapon 2.

Man, there's no way I can get a GO, I love my UMDs too much.

[quote name='mykevermin']^ Guess you didn't like it on the Dreamcast, then?

"Holy Badman!..." demo in the EU store. If you're reluctant to drop $20 on a downloadable game like I am, here's a chance to try it out first. Though the demo is strangely 55MB, where the full game in the US store is 41MB. Was something cut from the US release?[/QUOTE]

whats the dc have to do with the psp?

[quote name='lokizz']whats the dc have to do with the psp?[/QUOTE]

Because you said you wanted Powerstone for a console, and it was released for the Dreamcast which is indeed a console.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']He said he wanted PS with two analog sticks and the PSP and DC controller are essentially the same, minus stick placement.[/QUOTE]

I caught that also and saw the humor in his statement. :p

Qore
Qore Episode 16 - September 09 - $2.99 Single, $24.99 Annual

Games
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine - $4.99
Battle Tanks - $9.99

Bundles
Capcom Super Pack - $49.99 - List at Bottom of Post
Capcom Combo Pack - $29.99 - List at Bottom of Post

PS1 Classics
Cool Boarders 3 - $5.99 - 135 MB

Demos
Fight Night Round 4
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine

Add-ons
FEAR 2: Project Origin - Reborn Map Pack - $9.99
PAIN - Space Character Bundle - $1.99
PAIN - Space Monkey Character - $0.99
PAIN - Space Mime Character - $0.99
PAIN - Space Granny Character - $0.99
Guitar Hero 5 - Rolling Stones Live Track Pack - $8.99 - Includes the five songs below
Guitar Hero 5 - "I'm Free (Live)" by The Rolling Stones - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Prodigal Son (Live)" by The Rolling Stones - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Live)" by The Rolling Stones - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Under My Thumb (Live)" by The Rolling Stones - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "You Gotta Move (Live)" by The Rolling Stones - $1.99
Rock Band - Talking Heads Pack 1 - $8.49 - Includes the five songs below
Rock Band - "And She Was" by Talking Heads - $1.99
Rock Band - "Crosseyed and Painless" by Talking Heads - $1.99
Rock Band - "Girlfriend Is Better" by Talking Heads - $1.99
Rock Band - "Once In A Lifetime" by Talking Heads - $1.99
Rock Band - "Take Me To The River" by Talking Heads - $1.99
Rock Band - "Bat Country" by Avenged Sevenfold - $1.99
Rock Band - "Going Underground" by The Jam - $1.99
Rock Band - "Town Called Malice" by The Jam - $1.99
Rock Band - "Guerrilla Radio" by Rage Against the Machine - $1.99
Rock Band - "Supersonic (Live)" by Oasis - $1.99

Videos
Crash Commando New Recruits Trailers
Gravity Crash Gamescom Trailer
King of Fighters XII Trailer 4
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Teaser Trailer

Premium Themes
LittleBigPlanet - $2.99 - Dynamic
PixelJunk Monsters - $2.99 - Dynamic
PAIN - $2.99 - Dynamic
High Velocity Bowling - $2.99 - Dynamic
USC Football - $1.99
Penn State Football - $1.99
Bad Business - $1.99
Bad Business PSP 1 - $0.99
Bad Business PSP 2 - $0.99
Dark Matter Gamma Ray PSP - $1.49
Dark Matter Subspace PSP - $1.49
Dark Matter Solar Flare PSP - $1.49
Dark Matter Trilogy PSP - $2.99

PSP Games
Patapon - $15.99 - 184 MB
Fate/Unlimited Codes - $29.99 - 519 MB

PSP Add-ons
Rock Band Unplugged - "Lucid Dreams" by Franz Ferdinand - $1.99
Rock Band Unplugged - "Riad N' the Bedouins" by Guns N' Roses - $1.99

Capcom Super Pack includes:

Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
Flock
Age of Booty
1942: Joint Strike
Wolf of the Battlefield: Command 3
Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil (includes It Came From Uranus Add-on)

Capcom Combo Pack includes:

1942: Joint Strike
Wolf of the Battlefield: Command 3
Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil (includes It Came From Uranus Add-on)

Very Steam-like of Sony and Capcom on the PSN bundles, though they probably won't do sales like Valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering most of the titles in the those bundles have been on sale for as much as 50% off each, those bundles aren't very good deals. Hope it's not a sign 'Sales' are a thing of the past :whistle2:k

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']He said he wanted PS with two analog sticks and the PSP and DC controller are essentially the same, minus stick placement.[/QUOTE]

eh i get it but i still dont get it. im the games that id want to play on the psp tend to lend themselves to using 2 sticks ( like the gta games, ratcet and clank games or god of war) since some of those games use one stick to move and the other for the camera. so for me id want a psp with 2 sticks.yeah the dc had one but its been so long since i used one i dont remember how the camera issue was dealt with same with a ps1 before they had the dual shock controllers.if more of those games got ported to the ps3 then thatd be the choice for me.

Am I the only one who remembers "CoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolBOARDERS!" ?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Bully Beatdown - Season 2, Episode 1
Bully Beatdown - Season 2, Episode 2[/QUOTE]
An MTV show... is this as bad as it sounds?

[quote name='pete5883']Am I the only one who remembers "CoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolBOARDERS!" ?

An MTV show... is this as bad as it sounds?[/QUOTE]
I've seen like 2 episodes, its not bad. It's mixed martial artists beating up assholes who treat other people like shit. When they tap out the people they bully get money. It's great to see the douches put in their place by someone stronger (and wiser) than them. And yes I agree MTV sucks royally in general.

As for Coolboarders... I have this to say... 10-000000 80-0000.

I feel like 2 was the best of the Coolboarders series. Was it 3 or 4 where 989 studios took over and somehow effed up that, Jet Moto, and Twisted Metal.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Probably, but it's free, so your time is the only thing you'd lose if it's bad.[/QUOTE]
Time is at a premium.

Thanks FriskyTanuki for keeping us up to date =)

Nothing of interest to me this week. Oh well, guess I get to keep a little more of my money for a little longer ;-)

Forgot to add about Bully Beatdown, the good thing about it is that it's some of the best mixed martial artists in the world beating the bullies. It's like UFC with a clown who can't fight as well.

Here's the plot of gunslinger girl. Will dl that too, sounds watchable.

Set in modern-day Italy, Gunslinger Girl follows the exploits of the Social Welfare Agency (often referred to as simply "the Agency"), ostensibly a charitable institution sponsored by the Italian government. While the Agency professes to aid the rehabilitation of the physically injured, it is actually a military organization specializing in counter-intelligence and counter-terrorism. It is composed of two independent branches: Public Safety, its surveillance and intelligence-gathering division, and Special Ops, the anti-terrorist division. Special Ops is itself divided into Sections 1 and 2, the latter of which employs young girls fitted with cybernetic implants as agents. The implants, which consist of synthesized muscles and carbon fiber frames, result in heightened strength and reflexes as well as high resilience to damage and pain. Each girl is paired with a male trainer, or "handler", and together they are referred to as a fratello–the Italian term for "brother". The handler is responsible for the training, welfare and field performance of his charge, and is free to use whatever methods he considers suitable. While these methods vary according to the handler, a common part of each girl's regimen is brainwashing called "conditioning", which produces a deadly assassin with unquestioning loyalty to her handler.
Each fratello exhibits a unique dynamic. Most of the handlers have police or military backgrounds and were recruited directly into Section 2. Most also chose their own cyborgs from a list of candidates, though some appear to have been assigned a cyborg. The Social Welfare Agency primarily concerns itself with dealing with the Padania Republic Faction, an organization seeking an independent northern Italy through acts of terrorism and bribery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Battle Tanks looks pretty fun. I want to pick it up, but it's a question of when since it looks like the kind of game they'd give out free to Qore subs or discount at $5 sometime down the road.

I wish the dynamic themes were a little cheaper. Drop regular themes to .99 and make the dynamic themes $1.99 at least.

They could have at least gave Qore annual subscribers a dynamic theme instead of a freakin' old style, thanks SCEA you're generous

On another note: Did anyone get 'Invicible Tiger'? Does online multiplayer even work?

I think that's the second time you've asked, so you probably know the answer to the first question and that the second probably isn't so good due to the first answer. ;)

[quote name='diddy310']I feel like 2 was the best of the Coolboarders series. Was it 3 or 4 where 989 studios took over and somehow effed up that, Jet Moto, and Twisted Metal.[/QUOTE]

Coolboarders 3 was effed up, Jet Moto 3 was effed up, etc.

[quote name='gunm']Battle Tanks looks pretty fun. I want to pick it up, but it's a question of when since it looks like the kind of game they'd give out free to Qore subs or discount at $5 sometime down the road.

I wish the dynamic themes were a little cheaper. Drop regular themes to .99 and make the dynamic themes $1.99 at least.[/QUOTE]

Battle Tanks is fun, but its definitely pretty basic. I enjoy it, but I wish it had been $5 instead of $10. Its a throwback to some older games (that I don't remember player), but its very much like the tanks game on Wii Play.

I hope we get some pc engine games soon.
I was looking on the VC at star parodier, devils crush, bomberman 94, soldier blade, and Lords of Thunder and am planing on playing the waiting game because they will probably be cheaper and I will actually be able to play them on a handheld if they ever come to psn. I already got gate of thunder and air zonk on the VC. Air zonk would be awesome to play on my psp; it is a really fun game.

Has Hudson/NEC/whoever handles PC Engine stuff nowadays said anything about bringing PCE games to the PS3 in the US?

If so, that's awesome. I love the Virtual Console for its relatively large collection of PCE titles. I'm dying for Ys III in English in some format that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/disgaea-2-ships-today-other-classic-psp-titles-re-releasing/
I also want to let you know that NIS America will release our past PSP titles, such as Prinny, Disgaea, Blade Dancer, and more, on PSN in the coming weeks. They will be available between $4.99 and $12.99 during the sales week (October 1st to 7th.) They are all 50% off, so don’t miss this chance to get them if you haven’t gotten these titles yet!
Some good prices for games that still cost quite a bit more for UMD versions, so I might pick up Prinny then.

Ah Trine will be Mine. This week! Finally.

I didn't know IL-2 was this week? Thought it was later this month for some reason.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/disgaea-2-ships-today-other-classic-psp-titles-re-releasing/

I also want to let you know that NIS America will release our past PSP titles, such as Prinny, Disgaea, Blade Dancer, and more, on PSN in the coming weeks. They will be available between $4.99 and $12.99 during the sales week (October 1st to 7th.) They are all 50% off, so don’t miss this chance to get them if you haven’t gotten these titles yet!
[/QUOTE]
:shock: :bow: \\:D/ :whistle2:\"
Just for comparison:
Prinny- oop on amazon, $35 used at GS
Blade Dancer- $40 on amazon, $13 used at GS
Disgaea- oop on amazon, $25 used at GS

If NIS America does indeed release those titles at those price points, I might buy all of them. That is appropriate pricing for DD PSP releases.

I still have Disgaea 1 on PSP sealed in the package, I might sell it off here or on eBay.

It is appropriate pricing. Yet it is not appropriate pricing.

It's "buy it now or perish" pricing, since those prices are all 50% off what the PSN store will charge after the sale is over.

Well yeah, I suppose I am fortunate enough to have the cash at the moment (or I will in early October) to buy them. Still, if a ton of people buy them at the discount prices, then no one buys them the next week, the message will (hopefully) be sent.

bread's done
Back