What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

The Digger HD demo is finally about to come out:
Creat Studios (Canton, MA) today announced the release of a free-to-play demonstration version of Digger HD for the PlayStation® Network. The demo for Digger HD will be available for download on the PlayStation 3® computer entertainment system, offered via Sony’s PlayStation® Network on February 18th in Europe and February 25 in North America.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://kotaku.com/5471653/burnout-paradise-drives-off-cheaply-into-the-sunset

The Burnout Paradise complete bundles will only be around until March 31.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I held out to buy this. I was wanting to buy Big Surf Island forever, and wouldn't budge until it hit $9.99 or less (was selling for $12.99). The fact that I could get it and every other DLC they released ($60 plus value) for an additional $10 made it a "no-brainer". Anyone who owns this game and does not take advantage of this offer should start a new forum called "Tightassgamer"! :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Digger HD demo is finally about to come out:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the news Frisky, I asked about that some time ago. Hopefully Spelunker comes out soon too. (in demo form)

I guess I need to check all of the other PSN stores this week to see if they added any goodies.

[quote name='Darknyss']A Darksiders demo is coming next week (Feb 25th)

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177970[/QUOTE]

Apparently their trying to scrape up new sales since while the game better than they expected, they didn't expect a $20 universal price drop so soon, and I guess want to cash in before it drops even more.

Cool though was wanting to play it before I eventually bought it. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/blue-toad-murder-files-coming-to-psn-thursday-march-25/

Blue Toad Murder Files will finally be coming out here on March 25 for $14.99 for all three episodes, or $7.49 individually.[/QUOTE]

That price factors in that Episode 3 is being released for Free on PSN on March 25th. However, to play Episode 3, you must own Episode 1. Because of this, I may just purchase Episode 1 for $7.49, then download Episode 3 for free. If I like Episode 1, then I can go ahead and buy Episode 2 for an additional $7.49 (meaning I'll spend $14.98 for both). If not, I got two episodes for $7.49, which in and of itself isn't too bad a deal at all! :D

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']That price factors in that Episode 3 is being released for Free on PSN on March 25th. However, to play Episode 3, you must own Episode 1. Because of this, I may just purchase Episode 1 for $7.49, then download Episode 3 for free. If I like Episode 1, then I can go ahead and buy Episode 2 for an additional $7.49 (meaning I'll spend $14.98 for both). If not, I got two episodes for $7.49, which in and of itself isn't too bad a deal at all! :D[/QUOTE]
I don't see anything about free episodes in the post, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Yakuza 3, Sega All Stars Racing, and Digger HD demos are up on the UK Store.

Edit*
The Sega All Stars Racing demo has a different stage than the x360 demo released yesterday. So, if you have both you may want to download them on both to get a feel for a different stage. I prefer the x360 demo's stage. Your characters are limited to 2 (Sonic, and Eggman or Banjo on the x360)
The AI seems a bit on the aggressive side, but it looks like a good game.

Digger HD seems like a nice diversion, but their price seems high for what you get. Probably worth $7.00, instead of $10.00...of course you could just wait for a Sale.
* End Edit*

They also seem to have some sort of 'minis' sale. Hope it comes to the U.S. store as well, as there's no reason to charge $10 for download only version of Tetris.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been downloading a lot of really cool free themes for my ps3 on various sites. Any word on being able to make dynamic themes, so that I can get some free dynamic themes too? I have the wipeout hd and motorstorm artic edge dynamic themes but I want some user made dynamic themes.

[quote name='Neo-Nut']I've been downloading a lot of really cool free themes for my ps3 on various sites. Any word on being able to make dynamic themes, so that I can get some free dynamic themes too? I have the wipeout hd and motorstorm artic edge dynamic themes but I want some user made dynamic themes.[/QUOTE]

Seriously doubt they will allow users to create dynamic themes. Thinking they are going to want to keep charging for those. I was surprised they gave up the tools and info on how to make the standard themes.

[quote name='dragonjud']They also seem to have some sort of 'minis' sale. Hope it comes to the U.S. store as well, as there's no reason to charge $10 for download only version of Tetris.[/QUOTE]
Tetris was on sale for $6.99 for about a month or so around Christmas.

Deals
Brothers in Arms D-Day - PSP - $7.49
Tom Clancy's EndWar - Faction Elite Pack - $1.99
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - $7.49
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - Old West Map Pack - $5.99
Prince of Persia: Revelations - PSP - $4.99
Shaun White Snowboarding - Glamour Pack Regular Edition - $2.49
Shaun White Snowboarding - Glamour Pack Target Edition - $2.49
Topatoi - $7.99
TMNT - PSP - $9.99
Burnout Paradise - Complete Edition Bundle - $29.99 - Expires: 3/31
Burnout Paradise - Complete Downloadable Content Bundle - $19.99 - Expires: 3/31
Ben 10: Protector of Earth - PSP - $12.99 - Temporary Sale
Cube - PSP - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Dead Head Fred - PSP - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient - PSP - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
PQ2: Practical Intelligence Quotient - PSP - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - PSP - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
WTF: Work Time Fun - PSP - $7.99 - Temporary Sale

Pulse
Pulse - 2/18 Edition - Free

The Tester
The Tester - Episode 1 - Free

PS1 Classics
Magic Carpet - $5.99 - 84 MB
Mass Destruction - $5.99 - 87 MB
Sorcerer's Maze - $5.99 - 25 MB

Demos
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Yakuza 3

Add-ons
Buzz! Quiz World - National Geographic Kids Quiz Pack - $7.99
Resident Evil 5 - Lost in Nightmares - $4.99
Resident Evil 5 - Costumes Pack 1 - $1.99
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Hoth Mission Pack - $9.99
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast - Saiyans Pack - Free
Assassin's Creed II - Bonfire of the Vanities - $4.99
Assassin's Creed II - Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations - $9.99
Rock Band - Otis Redding Pack 1 - $8.49 - Includes the five songs below
Rock Band - "Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song)" by Otis Redding - $1.99
Rock Band - "I've Got Dreams to Remember" by Otis Redding - $1.99
Rock Band - "Love Man" by Otis Redding - $1.99
Rock Band - "(Sittin' on the) Dock of the Bay (Take 2)" by Otis Redding - $1.99
Rock Band - "I'm Sick Y'all" by Otis Redding - $1.99
Rock Band - "Fascination" by Alphabeat - $1.99
Rock Band - "Let Forever Be" by The Chemical Brothers - $1.99
Rock Band - "Stray Cat Strut" by Brian Setzer - $1.99
Rock Band - "Weightless" by All Time Low - $1.99

Videos
Assassin's Creed II Battle of Forli Trailer
Fret Nice Trailer
MAG How To Career Overview
MAG How To Commando
MAG How To Direct Action
MAG How To Field Support
MAG How To Rapid Assault
MAG How To Sniper
ModNation Racers PSP Announcement Trailer
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 Announcement Trailer
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Gameplay Trailer 1
Yakuza 3 Gameplay Trailer

Themes
Army of Two: The 40th Day - PSP only

Premium Themes
Amazing Peaks - $1.99
Hemorrhage - $1.99
Hemorrhage PSP - $1.49
Matterhorn PSP - $1.49
Resident Evil 5 Customizable - $1.99

Wallpaper
Fret Nice

Premium Avatars
MAG Raven Badge Avatar - $0.49
MAG Raven Character Avatar - $0.49
MAG SVER Badge Avatar - $0.49
MAG SVER Character Avatar - $0.49
MAG Valor Badge Avatar - $0.49
MAG Valor Character Avatar - $0.49

PSP Games
Puzzle Chronicles - $29.99 - 146 MB
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 - $39.99 - 1.05 GB

PSP Add-ons
Buzz! Quiz World - National Geographic Safari Pack - $3.99 - 52 MB
LittleBigPlanet - Savannah Costume - Free - 4.57 MB
LittleBigPlanet - Savannah Level Pack - $2.99 - 2.63 MB
LittleBigPlanet - Wedding Costumes - Free - 2.48 MB
LittleBigPlanet - Savannah Theme Pack - $2.99 - 2.65 MB
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 - Online Entitlement - $19.99

Hm there's a sale on CoJ:BiB DLC and TC Endwar DLC that might make me revisit those games.

I'm also interested in the EoJ: Legends demo in this month's Qore. And of course, Pulse is a must.

I will try the Yakuza 3 Network demo too.

[quote name='TheRock88']Damnit, was hoping the MLB demo was gonna hit today.[/QUOTE]

Yea. A little weird that the demo hasn't dropped two weeks before release date. Last year the demo was out a month before it came out. I'm a little worried we might soon hear of a release delay. :(

Damn, I wish they separated out the Aresenal Shipyard mission from that 10 dollar Assassins Creed pack. It's the only thing i'm missing to get that last .8 percent to get 100 percent synched, and was only available in the Black special edition that didn't come out here.

*incoming weekly PS1 game rant*
Does Sony pull these fucking games out of a hat? Magic Carpet. Okay, decent. Mass Destruction. Meh. Sorcerer's Maze. WTF?
*ending weekly PS1 game rant*

Sony must hate money. They're sitting on a gold mine in PS1 games and yet somehow can't release anything but garbage.

I'm sure there are licensing and other issues that are delaying the release of some of those PSOne titles. Plus, I don't know about you guys, but my backlog is bad enough. With all the good new stuff coming out, I can't afford the time or money to deal with a lot of catalog stuff on top of that.

[quote name='TheRock88']Damnit, was hoping the MLB demo was gonna hit today.[/QUOTE]
They would've announced it on the blog if it was coming out this week.

[quote name='gunm']I'm sure there are licensing and other issues that are delaying the release of some of those PSOne titles. Plus, I don't know about you guys, but my backlog is bad enough. With all the good new stuff coming out, I can't afford the time or money to deal with a lot of catalog stuff on top of that.[/QUOTE]

Even for Sony owned properties? Certainly you jest...

I would really like it if Capcom would release X-Men vs. Street Fighter or Marvel Superheroes in PSN store. I really want it.

Also, I wish Activision would renew they're DLC contract with Marvel so they could re-release Spider-man 1 for the PSOne.

I refuse to pay for a fucking thing from this store until Sony gives me access back to my account and my property.

Luckily, they continue to put out the most missable, forgettable, who-gives-a-fuck PSOne content out there, so my strong will is not wavered at all.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't see anything about free episodes in the post, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.[/QUOTE]

I got it from the makers of the game's website. It mentions that they are offering Episode 3 as a free download, but in order to play the episode you must have Episode 1.

Here's the link:

http://www.bluetoadmurderfiles.co.uk/

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I would really like it if Capcom would release X-Men vs. Street Fighter or Marvel Superheroes in PSN store. I really want it.

Also, I wish Activision would renew they're DLC contract with Marvel so they could re-release Spider-man 1 for the PSOne.[/QUOTE]

If they could release a remake of the vs. Street Fighter games then that would be awesome, if it's the PSOne classics then no thanks. The Playstation versions of those games were watered down because of the system's limited memory. Or maybe if they could release the Saturn versions.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Even for Sony owned properties? Certainly you jest...[/QUOTE]

Did I say for Sony wholly-owned IPs? Surely I did not. And that was only part of the reasoning.

[quote name='Chitown021']If they could release a remake of the vs. Street Fighter games then that would be awesome, if it's the PSOne classics then no thanks. The Playstation versions of those games were watered down because of the system's limited memory. Or maybe if they could release the Saturn versions.[/QUOTE]
I've only ever played the PSOne version of those so I have no idea what I'd be missing. I realllly want it to come out, though, no matter what version comes out.

ModNation Racers PSP Announcement Trailer? Oh shit looks like ModNation Racers is coming to PSP fully intact! It would be pretty sweet if they could've just packed in a digital PSP version on the PS3 Bluray for $69.99. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/modnation-racers-karting-its-way-to-psp/

[quote name='mtxbass1']*incoming weekly PS1 game rant*
Does Sony pull these fucking games out of a hat? Magic Carpet. Okay, decent. Mass Destruction. Meh. Sorcerer's Maze. WTF?
*ending weekly PS1 game rant*

Sony must hate money. They're sitting on a gold mine in PS1 games and yet somehow can't release anything but garbage.[/QUOTE]

They need to release the shit titles first if they want to get any sales from them. If they put out all the best stuff and then the shit titles later they'd make less money.

[quote name='J7.']ModNation Racers PSP Announcement Trailer? Oh shit looks like ModNation Racers is coming to PSP fully intact! It would be pretty sweet if they could've just packed in a digital PSP version on the PS3 Bluray for $69.99. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/modnation-racers-karting-its-way-to-psp/

They need to release the shit titles first if they want to get any sales from them. If they put out all the best stuff and then the shit titles later they'd make less money.[/QUOTE]

not really in the end it doesnt matter if you release shit games now or later if nobody wants the they wont buy them. now if sony says we want to sell at least 20000 downloads of this crappy game before we set up this other highly wanted game for download then that would make sense.

i still cant wait for them to release ff10 and im damn happy they released the re games. now just release some of those rare japan only games. id like to download vib ribbon and parappa 1.

[quote name='J7.']They need to release the shit titles first if they want to get any sales from them. If they put out all the best stuff and then the shit titles later they'd make less money.[/QUOTE]
Stop.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Stop.[/QUOTE]

Don't tell me to stop because it's simple business. They're not going to sell much at all of the crappy titles, but they are going to sell more copies if there's less better games than those available at the same time.

[quote name='J7.']Don't tell me to stop because it's simple business. They're not going to sell much at all of the crappy titles, but they are going to sell more copies if there's less better games than those available at the same time.[/QUOTE]
I am going to tell you to stop because it's BS. Don't justify the fact that they're feeding you shit. That's the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard. "They have to get all the bad games out of the way first, and THEN we can get the good stuff." Shit is shit. Whether it's out now or later no one is going to buy it.

Hey, I have a crazy idea. How about they only release good stuff? Then people will buy lots of it and they'll make money as well as make customers happy!

So please, stop it.

Just to add my two cents in, some PS1 games are pretty hard to run on the PSP. That includes Resident Evil 2 and 3, and all the Final Fantasy games. I made PSP compatible copies before they came out on the store and most of them were either laggy or froze at set spots in the game. For instance, the Final Fantasy games often froze at the "battle swirl" animation or during certain attacks. The RE games often froze at the doors before save points. The games they've been releasing most likely are easy PS1 -> PSP transfers.

itd be cool if they just had a big list of all the ps1 games made and then let people cast a vote on the diff games they want released on psn by going from the most voted for games and working their way down.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Just to add my two cents in, some PS1 games are pretty hard to run on the PSP. That includes Resident Evil 2 and 3, and all the Final Fantasy games. I made PSP compatible copies before they came out on the store and most of them were either laggy or froze at set spots in the game. For instance, the Final Fantasy games often froze at the "battle swirl" animation or during certain attacks. The RE games often froze at the doors before save points. The games they've been releasing most likely are easy PS1 -> PSP transfers.[/QUOTE]

Running illegal copies of games on CFW is *exactly* like running copies of games bought from the PS Store.

:roll:

bread's done
Back