What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

From the PS Podcast:
PSN:
Journey
Bioshock 2
Phineas & Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (Full Game Trial also)
Shoot Many Robots

Demos for Vita:
Hot Shots
Wipeout 2048
Ridge Racer
Shinobido

Other:
Motorstorm RC DLC

And from the sounds of it, Motorstorm RC is free for a limited time.

[quote name='4thHorseman']From the PS Podcast:
PSN:
Journey
Bioshock 2
Phineas & Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (Full Game Trial also)
Shoot Many Robots

Demos for Vita:
Hot Shots
Wipeout 2048
Ridge Racer
Shinobido

Other:
Motorstorm RC DLC

And from the sounds of it, Motorstorm RC is free for a limited time.[/QUOTE]

Wait does that mean the bioshock 2 addons will be on sale or only the full game?

[quote name='slowdive21']Wait does that mean the bioshock 2 addons will be on sale or only the full game?[/QUOTE]

The way they made it sound, it was just the full game. They were pushing through them rather quickly to get to their GDC interviews.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Is it true that you can 'preorder' Journey on the PSN before 3/13 and get some bonus stuff?[/QUOTE]

I think you get a free theme.

The dynamic Journey theme is just artwork that it pans around and slideshows through (just plain white default-y XMB icons as well). I wouldn't purchase it separately but that's true for me with all themes.

Anyone purchasing/pre-ordering Journey absolutely do not turn-off the online co-op. It is completely integral to the experience and you'll be missing out on something special without it.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']The dynamic Journey theme is just artwork that it pans around and slideshows through (just plain white default-y XMB icons as well). I wouldn't purchase it separately but that's true for me with all themes.

Anyone purchasing/pre-ordering Journey absolutely do not turn-off the online co-op. It is completely integral to the experience and you'll be missing out on something special without it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the theme is nice but nothing spectacular. At least it does show a bunch of different scenes so in that sense it is has more variation than pretty much every other theme I've gotten (which is all the free ones from PS+ since I'd also never pay for one).

As for the game, I played this and beat it already and had no idea you could even turn off the coop. I had people showing up and disappearing frequently. I wouldn't say it is completely integral, though. It was nice to bump into other people but there wasn't anything that required multiple people. What sucked is that I was doing the end slog with another person but then we got separated and he disappeared so I didn't end up finishing it with him and getting that trophy (for completing and heading back to the start with another player).

Still, though, yeah, there's no reason to turn it off as others can only help (or at least can't mess you up like in other games ;)).

There's a EULA to agree to (online mumbo-jumbo) and then just not being connected/signed-in which will all turn-off the co-op.

People do it with Demon's/Dark Souls all the time in order to not be invaded so I just wanted to inform the single-players among us that no, you want it on for Journey. (I'm a single-player dude myself)

And Journey does have some replay value for anyone worried about the dollar per hour ratio; you just have to understand that it's designed to be played each time through in one sitting although it doesn't force you to do so.

I made a PS3 theme for Journey but it's difficult to find 1920x1080 backgrounds which look nice enough for my liking as well as simple icon assets; JPEG compression stuffs, most official images are 1280x720 and thus have to be resized/resampled, and so forth. But there it is on Google Docs if anyone wants to check it out. (16 HD and SD backgrounds static theme)

Should almost be time for The Drop... Though with Skylanders 50% off at TRU this week, I may have to hold off on PSN purchases. Good thing Spring Fever lasts the rest of the month.

journey is a good game ive played some of it and i like it but its doesnt have that suck you in quality to me. it has been cool to see random people show up.

Damn, The Drop's kinda late this week. Maybe it's because they have so much Spring Fever info to cover. Or maybe there won't be any at all. :whistle2:(

It's usually posted at about 7 PM EST. If you're expecting dates and sales, it probably won't be in The Drop. You're more likely to get a full rundown of what's in Spring Fever tomorrow or Tuesday.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/11/the-drop-week-of-march-12th-2012-new-releases/

Here's The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Journey (PS3) – The pioneers that brought you the award-winning PlayStation Network titles flOw & Flower are back with another title that challenges traditional gaming conventions. With Journey, thatgamecompany (TGC) continues its tradition of delivering simple gameplay and accessible controls in a rich interactive environment that invites players to explore and experience emotional chords that are still uncommon in videogames.

An exotic adventure with a more serious tone, Journey presents a unique vision of an online adventure experience. Awakening in an unknown world, the player walks, glides, and flies through a vast and awe-inspiring landscape, while discovering the history of an ancient, mysterious civilization along the way. Journey’s innovative approach to online play encourages players to explore this environment with strangers who cross their path from time to time. By traveling together, they can re-shape the experience — creating authentic moments they will remember and discuss with others.

Bioshock 2 – Set during the fall of Rapture, players assume the role of a Plasmid test subject for Sinclair Solutions, a premier provider of Plasmids and Tonics in the underwater city of Rapture that was first explored in the original BioShock. Players will need to use all the elements of the BioShock toolset to survive as the full depth of the BioShock experience is refined and transformed into a unique multiplayer experience that can only be found in Rapture.

Warp – Warp is a unique stealth action game that feature a top-down sci-fi world with a distinctive art style, addicting levels, hazardous traps and challenging puzzles.

Time Machine: Rogue Pilot – Time Machine: Rogue Pilot offers a brand new approach to puzzle games genre taking the best from classic match 3 experience and combining it with the innovative hidden objects gameplay. Dozens of fascinating story mode missions and a special multiplayer mode that can be played with a friend online or on the same screen! Plus the game also offers several bonus modes — all of this coming along with dazzling full HD graphics, ambient background music and rich visual effects.

James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game – James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game is the official videogame based on the highly anticipated film James Cameron’s Avatar. The videogame will take you deep into the heart of Pandora, an alien planet that is beyond imagination. Gamers will encounter the Na’vi, Pandora’s indigenous people and discover other life forms the likes of which have never been seen in the world of video games before. When conflict erupts between the RDA Corporation, a space-faring consortium in search of valuable resources, and the Na’vi, gamers will find themselves thrust into a fight for the heart of a planet and the fate of a civilization.

Shoot Many Robots (Demo Available) – Shoot Many Robots follows P. Walter Tugnut on his mission to kill as many robots as possible after a factory begins to ominously produce killer robots. With an RV full of guns and beer, gamers will experience a four-player co-op run-n-gun side-scrolling RPG shooter filled with tons of weapon and item customization. Shoot Many Robots will also feature two game modes: Traversal, where players must progress linearly through a level, and Survival, where players fight against waves of robot hordes, delivering hours of robotic carnage and fun.

Phineas And Ferb: Across The 2nd Dimension (PS Move Compatible) - Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension is a fun-filled platforming and combat game where players can be one of eight characters including Phineas, Ferb or Master P as they use gadgets and combat maneuvers to defeat the evil Dr. D and his minions. In addition, the PS3 version features PlayStation Move’s motion controller compatible gameplay, giving the game a whole new level of fun and dimension.

PS Vita

Reality Fighters (PS Vita) – Delivering the most customizable fighting experience on the go, the world around you comes into the fight with Reality Fighters. Using augmented reality technology, take pictures of yourself and create your own personal fighter, complete with unique fighting and visual style. From kitchen tops to parking lots, the world is literally your arena as the stages you fight in are determined by the environment around you.

PS Vita Demos

wipEout 2048
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Ridge Racer
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen

Decided to go with $40 PSN instead of Skylanders, downloading Trails in the Sky now, saving the other $20 for what is hopefully a good Spring Fever.

This ray guy that does the drop really bugs me. Same with that new cast on qore because the old hosts were hot and now they have some goobers. Also in the dl center in qore it seems like there has been nothing for 6 months straight. Don't think i will be renewing plus since my ps will probably break sometime this year.

Spring Fever info is up. Apparently they're going to do a bunch of sales related to one franchise each week for three weeks. First up is Call of Duty, then Final Fantasy, and finally Tom Clancy. Nothing for me this week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-games-discounts-call-of-duty-sale-this-week/

Here's the Spring Fever release schedule with this week's SF sales:
SPRING FEVER NEW RELEASES:

3/13 – Journey: Enter the world of Journey, the third game from acclaimed indie developers thatgamecompany and presented by SCEA Santa Monica Studio.

Available one week early to PS Plus subscribers – Includes an Exclusive Free Theme – One day left!
Available to ALL PSN USERS starting tomorrow

3/20 – Rayman 3 HD: Rayman 3 HD takes Rayman on an epic journey through diverse worlds. This classic is remastered with HD and Trophy support.

PlayStation Plus subscribers – 20% off

3/27 – Closure: In Closure’s dark and foreboding universe, the only things that exist are what you can see. Featuring 100 puzzles, an award-winning soundtrack and hand-drawn art.

PlayStation Plus subscribers – 20% off

SPRING FEVER FRANCHISE SALE – THIS WEEK:

Call of Duty (3/13 – 3/19)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
PS3 Game + Variety Map Pack Bundle (Reg. $29.99, Sale $20.99, PS Plus $14.69)
PS3 Game (Reg. $19.99, Sale $13.99, PS Plus $9.79)
Variety Map Pack (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)

Call of Duty Classic
PS3 Game (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
PS3 Game + 2 DLC Bundle (Reg. $59.99 (value), Sale $41.99, PS Plus $- $29.39)
PS3 Game (Reg. $29.99, Sale $20.99, PS Plus $14.69)
Stimulus Package – (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)
Resurgence Pack – (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)

Call of Duty: World at War
Map Pack Bundle (Reg. $24.99, Sale $17.49, PS Plus $12.24)
Map Pack 1 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)
Map Pack 2 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)
Map Pack 3 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)

Call of Duty: Black Ops
PS3 Game (Reg. $49.99, Sale $39.99)
Final Fantasy and Tom Clancy are the franchises that will see sales over the last two weeks of Spring Fever, so those PS1 games may finally get sales in the next week or two.

If only that Final Fantasy week included a release of Type-0. Looking at the Vita release calendar, Square Enix would be crazy not to get it out over in the U.S. in late spring / early summer - they'd have the market to themselves.

[quote name='mykevermin']I haven't heard any news about a US release of Type-0.[/QUOTE]

Neither have I, more just wishful thinking on my part! I'd like to at least see FFIV Complete Collection go on sale for $15 or less so I can play it on my Vita that arrives in 2 days.

Deals
Bioshock 2 Complete Pack - $29.99 - Full Game + DLC
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Bundle - $20.99 - Full Game + DLC
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $13.99
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Variety Map Pack - $6.99 - 3/13
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $39.99
Call of Duty Classic - $10.49
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $20.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Complete Bundle - $41.99 - Full Game + DLC
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Stimulus Package Map Pack - $10.49 - 3/13
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Resurgence Map Pack - $10.49 - 3/13
Call of Duty: World at War - Map Pack Bundle - $17.49 - 3/13
Call of Duty: World at War - Map Pack 1 - $6.99 - 3/13
Call of Duty: World at War - Map Pack 2 - $6.99 - 3/13
Call of Duty: World at War - Map Pack 3 - $6.99 - 3/13
Dead Block - $6.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Grandia - PS3/PSP - $5.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Mercury Hg Heavy Elements Bundle - $4.99 - Full Game + Heavy Elements DLC
Myst - PSP - $12.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Renegade Ops Bundle - $17.99 - Full Game + DLC
Saints Row: The Third - Money Shot Pack - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Sam And Max: The Devil’S Playhouse Full Season - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
SkyDrift - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

The Tester
The Tester - Season 3, Episode 6 - Free

Pulse
Pulse - 3/13 Edition - Free

Games
Bioshock 2 - $19.99 - 9.2 GB
James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game - $19.99 - 3 GB
Journey - $14.99
Phineas And Ferb: Across The Second Dimension - $29.99 - 1.7 GB
Shoot Many Robots - $9.99
Time Machine: Rogue Pilot - $6.99
Warp - $9.99 - 1.14 GB

Demos
Shoot Many Robots

Add-Ons
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend - System Voice Arrange Tsubaki Type-A, Type-B - $5.99
DC Universe Online - The Battle For Earth - $9.99
Disgaea 4 - The Flashback Episode - $3.99
Disgaea 4 - Kingdom Tank - $1.99
Disgaea 4 - Makai Map - $0.99
Disgaea 4 - Nisa - $2.99
Disgaea 4 - Pram - $2.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - BGM Pack 2 - $2.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - Legends Stage Pack 2 - $3.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - New Weapon Pack 5 - $1.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends - Legend Stage Pack 2 - $3.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends - Wallpapers 5 - $0.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends - Xtreme Stage Pack 4 - $2.99
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Opponent Nabaat - $2.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - Draconic Legend - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - Full Metal Body - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - Impure Intentions - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - Nepgear's Cat Hat Set - $0.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - Nepgear's Plasma Sword - $0.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - Ram's Classic Brown - $0.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - Rom's Brownie - $0.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - Uni's Gatekeeper - $0.99
LittleBigPlanet - St. Patrick's Day Costume - Free
MotorStorm RC - Elite Vehicle Pack 1 - $0.99
MotorStorm RC - Elite Vehicle Pack 2 - $0.99
MotorStorm RC - Pro-Am Expansion Pack - $2.99
MotorStorm RC - Pro-Am Time Saver Pass - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Bonus Supermini Duckie - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Special Muscle Car Voodoo Undertaker - $0.25
Renegade Ops - Add-On Bundle - $4.99 - Includes All DLC
Rock Band 3 - Three Days Grace Pack 01 - $5.49 - Includes the three teams below
Rock Band 3 - “Pain” by Three Days Grace - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “The Good Life” by Three Days Grace - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “I Hate Everything About You” by Three Days Grace - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Eternity Below” by Eternity Below - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - “Happy People” by Big Kenny - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - “Heartless” by Pythia - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Leave Me Be” by Kylie D. Hart - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - “Pray For You” by Jaron and the Long Road to Love - $1.99
Shoot Many Robots - Small Snack 75,000 nuts - $0.99
Shoot Many Robots - Average Snack 200,000 nuts - $1.99
Shoot Many Robots - Huge Sack 600,000 nuts - $4.99
Shoot Many Robots - Uncomfortably Massive Sack 1,500,000 nuts - $9.99
Street Fighter X Tekken - Mega Man & Pac-Man - Free
Tales of Graces f - Chain Capacity +1 - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Double Enemy Item Drops - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Double Skill Points - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Dualize Discount - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Level Up +5 #1 - $2.99
Tales of Graces f - Mixophile's Set - Free
Tales of Graces f - Quick-Costume Set Asbel - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Quick-Costume Set Hubert - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Quick-Costume Set Malik - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Quick-Costume Set Pascal - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Quick-Costume Set Sophie - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Tough Kids Clothing Set - Free
Tales of Graces f - Upgrade Eleth Mixer - $1.99
Top Gun: Hard Lock - Multiplayer Pass - $9.99
UFC Undisputed 3 - Fighter Pack Fight Of The Night Pack - $4.99
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Co-op Shade Survival Mode - $5.99

Videos
Unit 13 Briefing 1 – How To Play
Unit 13 Briefing 2 – Game Types
Unit 13 Briefing 3 – Sharing & Competing
Borderlands 2: Release Date Trailer
EA SPORTS FIFA STREET Free Your Game Trailer
EA SPORTS FIFA STREET Gets Messi Trailer
EA SPORTS FIFA STREET Pre-Order Bonus Trailer
Grand Slam Tennis 2 Launch Trailer
Grand Slam Tennis 2 Producer Video 2: Gameplay Features
Max Payne 3 Official Trailer #2
Sleeping Dogs Announce Trailer
UFC Undisputed 3 Greg Jackson Strategy Video
UFC Undisputed 3 Launch Trailer
Far Cry 3 Stranded Trailer

Premium Themes
Dpro Backcountry Powder - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dpro Heli-ski Summit - $2.99 - Dynamic
Rip Curl Alana Blanchard - $2.99 - Dynamic
Rip Curl Mick Fanning - $2.99 - Dynamic
Rip Curl Owen Wright - $2.99 - Dynamic
Santa Cruz Not A Crime - $2.99 - Dynamic
Santa Cruz Rob Face - $2.99 - Dynamic
Santa Cruz Screaming Hand - $2.99 - Dynamic
Santa Cruz Skate Park - $2.99 - Dynamic

PSP Premium Themes
Wendy 14 - $1.99

Vita Games
Reality Fighters - $26.99 - 573 MB
Ridge Racer - $24.99 - 816 MB

Vita Demos
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - 1.15 GB
Wipeout 2048 - 430 MB
Ridge Racer 2011 E3 Interactive Demo - 70 MB
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen - 240 MB

Vita Add-Ons
Army Corps Of Hell - Frog Equipment Set - Free
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend - System Voice Arrange Tsubaki Type-A, Type-B - $5.99
MotorStorm RC - Elite Vehicle Pack 1 - $0.99
MotorStorm RC - Elite Vehicle Pack 2 - $0.99
MotorStorm RC - Pro-Am Expansion Pack - $2.99
MotorStorm RC - Pro-Am Time Saver Pass - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Bonus Supermini Duckie - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Special Muscle Car Voodoo Undertaker - $0.25
Reality Fighters - Online Pass - $9.99
Ridge Racer - Gold Pass - $7.49
Ridge Racer - Car 01 Promessa - $1.49
Ridge Racer - Car 02 Elenie - $1.49
Ridge Racer - Car 03 Dignistar - $1.49
Ridge Racer - Course 01 Old Central - $2.49
Ridge Racer - Course 02 Sunset Heights - $2.49
Ridge Racer - Long Mix BGM 01 - $0.99
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 01 R4 #1 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 02 R4 #2 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 03 Ridge Racer V #1 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 04 Ridge Racers #1 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 05 Ridge Racers #2 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 06 Ridge Racers #3 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 07 Ridge Racer 6 #1 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 08 Ridge Racer 6 #2 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 09 Ridge Racer 6 #3 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 10 Ridge Racer 7 #1 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 11 Ridge Racer 7 #2 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 12 Ridge Racer 7 #3 - Free
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 13 Remix #1 - Free
Ridge Racer - New Songs Pack 01 - $0.99

Videos
MotorStorm RC Launch Trailer
Unit 13 Briefing 1 – How To Play
Unit 13 Briefing 2 – Game Types
Unit 13 Briefing 3 – Sharing & Competing
Escape Plan Launch Trailer
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz CGI Trailer
The Tester Season 3 Episode 6
Pulse 3/13 Episode
-----------------------------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Deals
Bioshock 2 - $14.99
Bioshock 2 Complete Pack - $20.99
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Bundle - $14.69 - Full Game + DLC
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $9.79
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Variety Map Pack - $4.89
Call of Duty Classic - $7.34
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Bundle - $29.39 - Full Game + DLC
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $14.69
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Stimulus Package Map Pack - $7.34
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Resurgence Map Pack - $7.34
Call of Duty: World at War - Map Pack Bundle - $12.24
Call of Duty: World at War - Map Pack 1 - $4.89
Call of Duty: World at War - Map Pack 2 - $4.89
Call of Duty: World at War - Map Pack 3 - $4.89
MotorStorm RC - Elite Vehicle Pack 2 - $0.50
MotorStorm RC - Pro-Am Expansion Pack - $1.50
Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension - $23.99

Games
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game - Full Game Trial
Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension - Full Game Trial

Add-ons
MotorStorm RC - Elite Vehicle Pack 1

Cool Cat
Stick Up Kid
Top Dawg

Themes
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic

As a heads up, that Ridge Racer demo isn't a racing demo, but the weird music tech demo that was shown at E3 last year.

Edit: Yeah, definitely don't buy the MotorStorm RC DLC on Vita if you can help it. The PS+ discount doesn't appear on the Vita store like other PS+ deals have for whatever reason.

I noticed that the Vita MotorStorm RC DLC isn't even on sale on the PS3's store, so the problem is that Sony's only offering the discount on the PS3 DLC and Vita-only owners are pretty much screwed if they don't have a PS3. It's probably because of the fact that they're giving away the Vita version of the game for free that the Vita DLC doesn't give you the PS3 DLC like the PS3 version does in reverse.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/14/the-house-of-the-dead-4-coming-to-psn-in-april/

House of the Dead 4 will be out on April 17. It will be $7.00 for PS+ members from 4/17 to 5/1 and PS+ gets first crack at the demo from 4/10 to 4/24 along with a dynamic theme and avatars. It'll be $9.99 for everybody else and purchases within the first two weeks include a free avatar.

Feature list:
PlayStation Move compatible
Multiplayer mode
Multiple paths
Ranking and grading system to track your shot accuracy
Additional levels from The House of the Dead 4 Special
Bonus unlockable PlayStation Home item
Original creator interview
Trophies

HOTD4 is a complete no-brainer for me. I just wish Sega would eventually get around to releasing an arcade-perfect port of the first House of the Dead. The Saturn port plays okay but looks like stank-ass.

That, and we need a home port of Virtua Cop 3. I got to play that a few times at an arcade in Okinawa and it was fantastic.

Question about playstation plus. How many years can you have on your account? My current subscription expires in 05/13, but I was wondering if I could add another year to make it 05/14. Also, if your subscription expires, and then you re-subscribe, do you lose all of your previously downloaded content?

Thanks in advance.

I also have a question about PS+. I have automatic update on and is it possible that it will download the one hour trials that are exclusive to PS+ members? I had a problem earlier where while playing my phantom shared ME3, went into a trial mode and expired in an hour.

From the new PS Blogcast:

Deals
Final Fantasy Spring Fever Sale - 10 Final Fantasy Games - 50% off for PS+ - 30% Off Everybody Else

PSP
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection - PSP - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - PSP - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Dissidia Final Fantasy - PSP - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+

PS1 Classics
Final Fantasy Origins - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy V - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy VI - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy VII - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy VIII - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy IX - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy Tactics - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+

Games
Rayman 3 HD
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

Add-ons
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
Tales of Graces f

Vita Games
Sumioni: Demon Arts - $19.99

Vita Add-ons
Blazblue: Continuum Shift
Ridge Racer
Touch My Katamari

Last edited by a moderator:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/16/closure-qa-in-a-black-and-white-world-shades-of-grey/

There's an interview with the lead designer for Closure along with a new trailer:

Journey’s much-celebrated launch on PSN this week served as a powerful reminder of the importance of fresh perspectives and bold risk-taking in video game design. But it also begged the question “what’s next?” Enter Closure, the grand-prize winner of the DICE 2012 Indie Game Challenge and the climactic final release in this year’s Spring Fever PSN showcase.

Much like its starkly rendered characters, Closure stands out in an indie game development field dominated by esoteric art styles and quirky gameplay choices. The game merges elements both old and new, fusing puzzle-based platforming with a light-and-dark twist. If you want to learn more about Closure’s gameplay (and why you’ll want to collect as many Silver Moths as possible), read Jeff’s in-depth hands-on report.

During Game Developers Conference last week, I spoke with the lead designer of Closure, Tyler Glaiel, to learn more about the game’s influences, level design, and characters.

Sid Shuman, PlayStation.Blog: Another game that used stark monochromatic visuals to huge effect was Limbo. How is Closure different?
Tyler Glaiel, Lead Designer and Programmer, Closure: I’ve played Limbo for a grand total of about two minutes, years ago at the Independent Games Festival (LINK: http://www.igf.com/), That was on purpose because I didn’t want any influence from Limbo in this game. Limbo is mostly silhouettes, black characters on a brighter greyish noisy background. Closure’s characters are white on a black background, so it’s very high contrast. The graphics are crisp, there’s no blur or noise on top of it. We’ve got a completely distinct visual flavor from Limbo, despite the similar color palette.

PSB: Light and dark is more than an aesthetic in Closure, it’s the core gameplay mechanic. How does it work?
TG: If you can’t see something in the game, it doesn’t exist: you can jump through walls and fall through floors, or push boxes through walls, and a lot of other interesting twists. There are a lot of commonly seen game mechanics that suddenly gain new meaning when interpreted in Closure. Even a locked door here is different because in most games you’d pick up a key and walk over to the door to unlock it. In Closure, you might have to drop the key through floors and walls to get it to the door.

PSB: Where did the idea for Closure come from?
TG: Portal and Braid were my main influences. They’re completely different games, but they follow a similar formula: the developers found one interesting core mechanic and built as many puzzles as they could around it. You don’t want to strip away everything else, but as a designer I wanted to make sure we were heavily focused on our core mechanic: the lighting. We did everything we could to add to that.

PSB: You begin the game by controlling a demonic-looking character — what’s that about?
TG: There’s more than one protagonist. The game begins in this mysterious world made out of “nothingness” that we internally refer to as Purgatory. The opening level is simple so that players can learn the basics of the gameplay, and at the end of the level, the demon character puts on a mask and transforms into a human. Closure ultimately splits into three distinct stories, each with its own story following a different human character and featuring different gameplay mechanics.

PSB: How do the three main level sets differ from one another?
TG: All the levels are eerie, but they all have their own distinct flavor of eerie, and the mechanics and level design philosophy is quite different for each level set. The Factory level set feels very mechanical, with a lot of push-button puzzles, physics, and distinct binary choices….The Forest has a lot of organic-looking levels that don’t feel like they belong in a puzzle game. You have to almost abuse the game mechanics to find your way through, positioning lights to create platforms that allow you to move forward. The puzzles in The Forest are a little less cut-and-dried, there’s more freedom. Then there’s the Carnival, the weirdest set of levels. It has its own distinct feeling that’s tough to describe, and it’s heavy on attitude and atmosphere…and a lot of Easter eggs to uncover.

PSB: Does Closure have a story? How deep does it go?
TG: The story isn’t something I can really explain. You have to play through their level set and explore the levels to find hints and clues as to their story. It’s very open to interpretation.

PSB: What do you hope players take away from Closure when they finish it?
TG: I’m just hoping they enjoy it as a puzzle game. I played a lot of Portal and Braid during development and tried to figure out what I didn’t like, what they could have done better. My problem with Portal was that after it teaches you all the mechanics, it sort of just ends. That’s not the case with Closure, we have a large number of extremely challenging puzzles towards the end of the game…though they’re all pretty fair!

With Closure, I’m hoping people see how puzzle games can be: really challenging, replayable, and fun while at the same time being artistic and interesting to explore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuOB6AHNGPs

Got a question about PS+ and what the best way to maximize it is? I just bought a 3 month code, should I wait until the very end of the month to activate it? How long are the current free games available for?

Ooh, I'll be grabbing any FF games that I'm missing for that sale. Too bad they didn't release the PSOne port of FF IV yet (or ever perhaps) as it's actually my favorite version of the game. Better translation than the SNES original, original difficulty level, some throwaway movies, and barely noticable load-times.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/18/the-drop-week-of-march-19th-2012-new-releases/

Here's The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Warriors Orochi 3 (PS3) – Warriors Orochi 3 combines the much loved heroes of the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors series in an all new story that for the first time also features characters from Ninja Gaiden, Warriors: Legends of Troy, Bladestorm, Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll and Dead or Alive! The game also introduces the bond system, where the bonds between characters can be increased by interaction in banquets, fighting together as allies, rescuing struggling allies, and accepting then clearing missions in battles. Players can also customize existing scenarios and then share them online for all to enjoy, as well as rate those created by others.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (Full PS3 Game) – Space Marine is a fast-paced third person action-shooter from Relic Games allowing players to don the armor of one of the emperor’s chosen in this battle for the very survival of humanity. Players are dropped right into the action as they battle to defend an Imperial Forge World from an invasion by the savage and brutal Orks, using the most devastating weaponry mankind has at its disposal.

Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD – In celebration of the return of Rayman in Rayman Origins, the fan favorite Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc gets an all-new high-definition makeover (with 60-frames-per-second gameplay and worldwide online leaderboards) with this downloadable version of the adventure hit!

Vita

Sumioni: Demon Arts (PS Vita) – Set in ancient Japan and presented in a classical Japanese “sumi-e” ink art style, Sumioni is literally translated from Japanese as “ink demon,” and puts players in control of Agura, a single Inkdemon who has been summoned from a long slumber to help rid the land of a sinister evil. During their adventure, players will experience epic boss battles and a branching story with diverging arcs and multiple endings.

PS3 Demos

Birds of Steel
Under Siege
Rayman 3 HD

minis

SAR: Search and Rescue

Wheels of Destruction will be out on 3/27 for $9.99 and I Am Alive will be out on 4/3 for $14.99.

And it looks like TellTale's The Walking Dead season will start in late April with the first episode being $4.99. I don't see a mention of a season sub option for PSN.

Deals
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - A-10A Warthog - $1.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Aircraft Skin Pack 1 - $5.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Aircraft Skin Pack 2 - $4.49
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Aircraft Skin Pack The Idolm@Ster - $4.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Asf-X Shinden II - $3.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - F-117A Stars And Stripes - $1.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - F-14D Halloween Pumpkin - $1.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - F-15S/Mtd - $2.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - F-18F Red Devils - $1.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Online Map Pack - $7.49
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Skill Set 1 - $3.49
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Skill Set 2 - $3.49
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Skill Set 3 - $3.49
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Su-35 Tekken Skin Set - $2.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Su-37 Terminator - $2.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Tornado Gr.4 - $2.99
Coconut Dodge - PS3/PSP - $0.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia Final Fantasy - PSP - $13.99 - Ends 3/27
Final Fantasy Origins - PSP/PS3 - $6.99 - Ends 3/27
Final Fantasy Tactics - PSP/PS3 - $6.99 - Ends 3/27
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - PSP - $6.99 - Ends 3/27
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection - PSP - $20.99 - Ends 3/27
Final Fantasy V - PSP/PS3 - $6.99 - Ends 3/27
Final Fantasy VI - PSP/PS3 - $6.99 - Ends 3/27
Final Fantasy VII - PSP/PS3 - $6.99 - Ends 3/27
Final Fantasy VIII - PSP/PS3 - $6.99 - Ends 3/27
Final Fantasy IX - PSP/PS3 - $6.99 - Ends 3/27
Resident Evil HD Bundle - $29.99

The Tester
The Tester - Season 3, Episode 7 - Free

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012 - Free

Games
Rayman 3 HD - $9.99 - 1.65 GB
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine - $39.99 - 6 GB
Warriors Orochi 3 - $49.99 - 11 GB

Minis
SAR: Search and Rescue - $2.99 - 14 MB

Demos
Birds of Steel - 1.84 GB
Rayman 3 HD - 1.65 GB
Under Siege - 894 MB - Move Compatible

Add-ons
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Compatability Pack 8 - Free
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Aircraft Skin Pack 2 The IDOLM@STER - $9.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - F-117A The IDOLM@STER Skin Set - $4.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Mirage 2000-5 The IDOLM@STER Skin Set - $4.99
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Typhoon The IDOLM@STER Skin Set - $4.99
Blazblue: Coninuum Shift Extend - System Voice Arrange Makoto Type-A, Type-B - $5.99
Disney Universe - Muppets Costume Pack - $2.99
Disney Universe - Animal Costume - $0.99
Disney Universe - Fozzie Bear Costume - $0.99
Disney Universe - Gonzo Costume - $0.99
Disney Universe - Kermit Costume - $0.99
Disney Universe - Miss Piggy Costume - $0.99
Everybody Dance - Pack 8 - $8.99
EyePey & Friends - Disco Pack - $2.99
EyePey & Friends - Disco Costume - $1.49
EyePey & Friends - Disco Pattern Fills - $0.69
EyePey & Friends - Disco Soft Play Blocks - $1.49
EyePey & Friends - Disco Stickers - $0.69
EyePey & Friends - Insect Pack - $2.99
EyePey & Friends - Insect Costume - $1.49
EyePey & Friends - Insect Pattern Fills - $0.69
EyePey & Friends - Insect Soft Play Blocks - $1.49
EyePey & Friends - Insect Stickers - $0.69
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Nepgear's Plasma Buster - $0.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Uni's Hunting Revolver - $0.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Rom's Melee Pencil G - $0.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Ram's Dogoo Pencil - $0.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Armored Dragoon - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Cave's License - $2.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Falcom's License - $2.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Maid Sisters The CPU Tea Party - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Nepgear Maid Set - $1.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Uni Maid Set - $1.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Rom Maid Set - $1.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Delphinus Processor Set - $0.99
Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend Of Dead Kel - $9.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Spring Seasonal Creator Kit - Free
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Vehicle Pack 1 - $0.99
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Big Rig Atlas Arizona - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Buggy Wombat Beachmaster - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Monster Truck Falfer Tombstone - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Racing Truck Atlas Jackhammer - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Special Super Car Wasabi Lightning - $0.25
Ninja Gaiden 3 - Online Pass - $9.99
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - USS Wolfpack Uniforms - $2.99
Rock Band 3 - “Down Under” by Men at Work - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Overkill” by Men at Work - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Smooth” by Santana - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Far Away From Heaven” by Free Spirit - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Gravitational Lensing” by Solution .45 - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - “The Cascade Effect” by Chaotrope - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - “Preacher Man” by Free Spirit - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Paced Energy” by Magnus ‘SoulEye’ Pålsson - $0.99
Rocksmith - "Born Under A Bad Sign" by A. King W. S. Ray Vaughan - $2.99
Rocksmith - "Soul Man" by The Blues Brothers - $2.99
Rocksmith - "The Thrill Is Gone" by B.B. King - $2.99
Saints Row The Third - The Trouble With Clones - $6.99
Tales of Graces f - Advanced Spellbook Set - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Adventurer's Nest Egg - Free
Tales of Graces f - Asbel's Suit Costume - $3.99
Tales of Graces f - Attachment Mini-Sophie - $0.99
Tales of Graces f - Attachments Cat Set - $0.99
Tales of Graces f - Attachments Glasses Set - $0.99
Tales of Graces f - Chain Capacity +2 - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Expand Inventory - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Hubert's Suit Costume - $3.99
Tales of Graces f - Level Up +5 #2 - $2.99
Tales of Graces f - Level Up +5 #3 - $2.99
Tales of Graces f - Malik's Suit Costume - $3.99
Tales of Graces f - Maximum Eleth +500 - $1.99
Tales of Graces f - Maximum HP +1000 - $1.99
UFC Undisputed 3 - Ultimate Fights Upsets Pack - $4.99

Videos
Journey Dev Diary 1 A Walk With the Makers of Journey
Super Stardust Delta Launch Trailer
The Price Is Right: Decades Trailer
Yakuza: Dead Souls Mini Games Trailer
Assassin’s Creed Revelations Mediterranean Map Pack Trailer

Premium Themes
Abstract Dancer 2.0 - $2.99 - Dynamic
DPro: Big Air - $2.99 - Dynamic
DPro: Extreme Elevation - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dragon 4 - $2.99 - Dynamic
Gangsters 2 - $2.99 - Dynamic
Gangsters 3 - $2.99 - Dynamic
Journey - $2.99 - Dynamic
Last of Us - $2.99 - Dynamic
Marvel Iron Man - $2.99 - Dynamic

PSP Themes
Dragon 6 - $1.99
Dragon 7 - $1.99

Vita Games
Sumioni: Demon Arts - $19.99 - 288 MB

Vita Add-ons
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend - System Voice Arrange Makoto Type-A, Type B - $5.99
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Vehicle Pack 1 - $0.99
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Big Rig Atlas Arizona - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Buggy Wombat Beachmaster - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Monster Truck Falfer Tombstone - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Racing Truck Atlas Jackhammer - $0.49
MotorStorm RC - Special Super Car Wasabi Lightning - $0.25
Ridge Racer - Car 4 Fatalita - $1.49
Ridge Racer - Music Pack 14 Remix 2 - Free
-----------------------------------------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Deals
Dissidia Final Fantasy - PSP - $9.79
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection - PSP - $14.69
Final Fantasy V - PSP/PS3 - $4.89
Final Fantasy VI - PSP/PS3 - $4.89
Final Fantasy VII - PSP/PS3 - $4.89
Final Fantasy VIII - PSP/PS3 - $4.89
Final Fantasy IX - PSP/PS3 - $4.89
Final Fantasy Origins - PSP/PS3 - $4.89
Final Fantasy Tactics - PSP/PS3 - $4.89
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - PSP - $4.89
Rayman 3 HD - $7.99

Themes
Journey - Dynamic

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...sn-top-sellers-the-simpsons-escape-plan-soar/

The Best-Selling Games for February 2012:
Last month was a big one for PlayStation Network games! Not only did we see a ton of great new downloadable PS3 titles, but the launch of PS Vita saw PSN flooded with new digital offerings. Starting this month, we’re introducing a new list to show what games topped the digital PS Vita charts.

On PS3, our hats are off to The Simpsons Arcade Game for debuting at the top spot! This long-awaited PS3 port of the coin-op co-op classic delivered nostalgic beat em’ up action peppered with obscure Simpsons references. In PS Vita’s world, Sony’s own Santa Monica Studio delivered a bonafide hit with the charming Escape Plan. And in the rest of the charts, Final Fantasy dominated PS3 Add-Ons, PS one Classics, and PSP categories…just in time for this week’s Spring Fever Final Fantasy franchise sale!

What games did you pick up in February? Did the PS Vita impact your PS3 playtime? What games do you think will top the charts in March? Share your thoughts and we’ll see you next month to break down the March PSN Top Sellers!

Top 20 PSN and PS3 Full Games

1) The Simpsons Arcade Game – Woo-hoo! This classic arcade game hit PSN in Feburary after decades in console gaming limbo.
2) Gotham City Impostors
3) The House of the Dead III
4) Shank 2 – The sequel to one of the craziest 2D action games ever won gamers over with hugely improved graphics, more responsive combat, and an addictive new co-op mode.
5) NFL Blitz
6) NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
7) inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
8) Grand Theft Auto IV
9) Jak and Daxter Collection – Naughty Dog’s PS2 heroes arrived in style on the PS3 with three of the best 3D platformers ever made.
10) Real Steel
11) Sonic CD
12) Madden NFL 12
13) Resident Evil 4
14) Mass Effect 2 – Mass Effect 2’s resurgence on the Top 20 hints that players were busily preparing for Mass Effect 3’s PSN release on March 6th.
15) Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
16) Shadow of the Colossus
17) Castle Crashers
18) Worms Ultimate Mayhem
19) PAYDAY: The Heist
20) Dungeon Defenders

Top 10 PS Vita Games

1) Escape Plan
2) Super Stardust Delta
3) Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
4) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
5) Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita
6) Rayman Origins
7) UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
8) Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
9) Hustle Kings PS Vita
10) Dynasty Warriors Next

Top 5 PS3 Add-Ons

1) Final Fantasy XIII-2 – Opponent: Lightning & Amodar
2) Battlefield 3 – Back to Karkand
3) FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 – Noel’s Outfit: Battle Attire
4) Battlefield 3 – SPECACT Kit & Dog Tag Bundle
5) Gran Turismo 5 – Car Pack 3

Top 5 PSone Classics

1) Final Fantasy VII (PS3/PSP)
2) Final Fantasy VI (PS3/PSP)
3) Twisted Metal 2 (PS3/PSP)
4) Final Fantasy IX (PS3/PSP)
5) Resident Evil 2 (PS3/PSP)

Top 5 PSP Games

1) Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
2) Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
3) Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
4) NBA 2K12 PSP
5) Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy

Think theres any chance of Red Dead Redemption going on sale on the psn store any time soon? Just bought a $50 gift card for psn and can't decide what to spend it on.. not sure if I should buy RDR on psn or in store.. is RDR+Undead Nightmare collection the same as the goty version or is there more dlc packs included in goty?

bread's done
Back