Whats in the PS Store Thread: Sega Superstars Tennis and Condemned 2 demos up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='w1r3d']I take back what I said about Haze, it's looking pretty good! Also, MGO looks awesome, and can't wait to see that Tekkon Kinkreet film![/quote]

Yeh should be out next week. They have been hyping the blu-ray version, but I have no clue as to what it'll have compaired to the DVD counterpart.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I love that you have to find cliches in the Simpsons demo. I found two (no swimming until the sequel and the weak spot) of the three in the demo. Lock-on needs to be able to be cycled, especially with all of the Krusty dolls roaming the level. That and it was hard to get Lard Lad positioned so I could actually reach the compartments that opened. Loved the posters making fun of Madden on the stadium and I saw a billboard that also made fun of EA, but never saw what it said amidst the chaos.[/quote]

Ah I missed the swimming one. The ones I found were the weak spot and the invisible barriers when I walked into the gate that was chained closed.

[quote name='dallow']Was busy with the Simpsons demo and missed your chat DeserEagle.

Damn, I loved the Simpons game! The full version will be a work of art.
Great silly action, and the comic book guy's comments made me laugh out loud.

Nice!

Thanks, for the Ski impressions, will pass.[/QUOTE]

Hey, Dallow, I see you're one of the other CAG Morrissey fans. Besides, Scobie and myself.

As for the Simpson's I had the hardest time getting that last third off Donut Boy's health bar. Man, some of Kent Brockman's comments were funny.

Everyone is a Morrissey fan. It's just a matter of degrees.

I'm really looking forward to The Simpsons Demo; I watched the intro and was amazed that we've come this far from "Bart vs the Space Mutants."

Must not reward myself until I get my writing done for the day, however.

I only played simpsons for a couple minutes. Must give it more time tonight.
1. The visual style is amazing.
2. Humour seems good.
3. I found it hard to aim barts slingshot at the donut boys butt. You can't target lock to it, and there seems to be no free-aim reticule.
4. I hate games that have continously spawning enemies. That is how I felt about the flood of crusties.
~S

Re-played the Jericho demo and now I like it. Apparently when I played it the first time it glitched up causing me not to be able to get past the check point. It seems like a 7.5/10 from the demo, hopefully you get to use more of the Jericho team then just those three. Although I liked the girl with the sniper gun and the chick with the sword and gun. Didn't care for the big slow dude.

I love The Simpsons Demo.

The graphics are great, the gameplay isn't crap. I think I may actually be getting this at release :shock:

[quote name='whoknows']I love The Simpsons Demo.

The graphics are great, the gameplay isn't crap. I think I may actually be getting this at release :shock:[/QUOTE]

I just downloaded and wow, i totally agree. I blew so much time just running around trying to collect everything. The graphics are amazing too

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Re-played the Jericho demo and now I like it. Apparently when I played it the first time it glitched up causing me not to be able to get past the check point. It seems like a 7.5/10 from the demo, hopefully you get to use more of the Jericho team then just those three. Although I liked the girl with the sniper gun and the chick with the sword and gun. Didn't care for the big slow dude.[/quote]Yeah, there are like 7 or 8 team members you get to play with, each with unique powers.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Guess I'm the only one who didn't like the Simpsons demo T.T[/QUOTE]

I loved the graphics, atmosphere, and attention to detail.

Shame I *hated* the gameplay. Clumsy as hell. I'll pass on it at release.

Damn, I am an inch away from pulling the trigger on a 60 gig.

Real quick question to push me over the edge: If I have a US model PS3 but buy JPN playstation store tickets, can I get the JPN content on my US box? Or is it impossible to connect to the JPN store?

You can d/l JPN content, so long as you create a JPN account. Including purchases (but, as you note, you need to buy the PSN ticket, as you can't use a US card).

[quote name='mykevermin']You can d/l JPN content, so long as you create a JPN account. Including purchases (but, as you note, you need to buy the PSN ticket, as you can't use a US card).[/quote]

And thus, the plans were made to purchase a PS3 the coming weekend.

[quote name='cochesecochese']And thus, the plans were made to purchase a PS3 the coming weekend.[/QUOTE]

The fact that the console is region free is a big boon to me, as I imported maybe 10 PS2 games the past several years, and have probably 15-18 PS1 games. What *stinks* is that the region free does not apply to PS1/2 software, so any downloads (even PSX games) are region free, and all PS3 software is region free.

wow... after browsing the JPN store for roughly about 20 min I have to say owning a PS3 in japan is nice as hell. It's way better than even a US 360 ATM... Large pat of that is mainly due to the good free things it has as well as everyone's one wish here: more PS1 titles. I was a bit pissed when I saw how many damn good SNK fighters were there.

[quote name='mykevermin']The fact that the console is region free is a big boon to me, as I imported maybe 10 PS2 games the past several years, and have probably 15-18 PS1 games. What *stinks* is that the region free does not apply to PS1/2 software, so any downloads (even PSX games) are region free, and all PS3 software is region free.[/quote]
I'm curious, if you rip your PS1 games to play on your PSP, will they work on the PS3?

I loved the Simpson's demo and it was just what I needed to give me a breather from all the FPS/Action/Adventure games I've been playing.
The comments were hilarious and I was able to collect everything except for one Duff Bottle Cap :(

The intro was classic.

What annoyed me was not being able to aim the slingshot manually and the camera was a minor nuisance, but did not bother me NEARLY as much as trying to get a lock on Lard's ass with all the Krusty's flailing about :/

Love the MGO trailer.

Was that the area at the end of MGS3, where you're in the sidecar? I couldn't tell for sure.
It's also great to hear that headshot ping once again :D

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'm curious, if you rip your PS1 games to play on your PSP, will they work on the PS3?[/QUOTE]

I looked into it briefly; while I couldn't find anything on it online, I found that you couldn't copy games from the PSP to the PS3 (I tried and failed), while actual purchased PSX games could be copied to the PSP. It seems that copying works in one direction in order to make the PSX games more profitable in the store.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow... after browsing the JPN store for roughly about 20 min I have to say owning a PS3 in japan is nice as hell. It's way better than even a US 360 ATM... Large pat of that is mainly due to the good free things it has as well as everyone's one wish here: more PS1 titles. I was a bit pissed when I saw how many damn good SNK fighters were there.[/QUOTE]They may get a lot of PS1 games, but their demo selection is absolutely terrible. That's where the U.S. PS Store has a big advantage.

As for the PS1 games, I heard from Vic Ireland that if SCEA ever wanted Arc The Lad in the U.S. PS Store, he's not allowing them to use his translation and they'd have to do it themselves.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Guess I'm the only one who didn't like the Simpsons demo T.T[/QUOTE]You're not the only one. I didn't hate it (found the graphics good and the game somewhat interesting), but the camera gave me really bad motion sickness and I felt like I was going to hurl after the demo, so I deleted. Part of the problem could be that I'm not playing on an HDTV (it's in my apartment).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']They may get a lot of PS1 games, but their demo selection is absolutely terrible. That's where the U.S. PS Store has a big advantage.[/QUOTE]

I'm partially also talking about their available full games... even the news RSS reader that is entirely free, customizable, and updated every single day outshines almost everything I've downloaded from the PSN so far. Sony is partially a bit scattered in their business, and they always have, and if there were some sort of closer unity between SCEA, SCEE, and SCEJ, then I think the PSN would finally be where it would need to be... but again, easier said than done.

[quote name='gunm']Still trying to decide if a Homerball and Bart poster are enough incentive to pick up The Simpsons @ $60. :/[/quote]
Don't forget Lisa, Marge, and Maggie!

The preview of the other levels looked pretty interesting. It reminded me of Kingdom Hearts and travelling to different worlds :eek:

[quote name='mykevermin']I loved the graphics, atmosphere, and attention to detail.

Shame I *hated* the gameplay. Clumsy as hell. I'll pass on it at release.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree -- it looked like a AAA game, but plays like something you would find in the $10 bin at CC.

Now granted, the demo was pretty short, and the segment in question was probably not the best pick for demonstration.

I'm going to cancel my preorder and just Gamefly this one. Hopefully the final game isn't such a mess.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']
The preview of the other levels looked pretty interesting. It reminded me of Kingdom Hearts and travelling to different worlds :eek:[/QUOTE]

Oh god, don't remind me, that was one of my main problems with God of War: Kids Edition

[quote name='The Mana Knight']From what I gather at the esrb.org website, we will be getting Spyro The Dragon PS3/PS1 later on.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps sometime before 2010 :lol:

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
Oh god, don't remind me, that was one of my main problems with God of War: Kids Edition[/quote]
:rofl:

Never thought of it like that

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Looks like a great week is in store for the PSN this week with Everyday Shooter and the Ratchet and Clank demo.[/quote]
:hot: YEAH!

>>Wow! 9.99 for Everyday shooter? It was done by one guy but I was expecting it to come out for less... I've been waiting to make this my 1st PSN buy so I'm still in for now.

I'm gonna support the guy. Game looks freaking awesome anyway.
Can't wait to crank the stero for that one!

Also, we're getting a Conan demo.

Here's some info on the game for those that don't know much about it:

It's a dual-stick shooter in the vein of Robotron 2084 or Geometry Wars. The gameplay is integrated with the music in a Rez-like fashion. Every "stage" of the game can be thought of as an individual track in the "album" that we call Everyday Shooter. Each stage comes complete with it's own unique music, visuals, and combo scheme which makes each one kind of a unique shooter in its own right. For me the kicker to this game is the synasthesia aspect of it. Basically every level is accompanied by a beautiful all-guitar soundtrack, and everything you do in the game triggers another riff or another chord, all of which harmonizes with the background music. In an abstract way, playing this game creates a kind of music that is totally unique everytime you play it.

Simply put, the combination and interplay of the game's visuals, the music, and the chain-reaction gameplay makes Everyday Shooter the perfect microcosm of everything that makes videogames unique as a medium.

See screenshots and more info here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197310

[quote name='whoknows']EGM ranked the twin stick shooters and they said Everyday Shooter was the best followed by Super Stardust and then Geometry Wars[/quote]

Hmmmm, I'm borderline purchase. I loved Super Stardust.......:whistle2:k

I'm thinking about buying it too, but I think I'm getting sick of twin stick shooters.

Depends how much it sells for I guess.

EDIT: $9.99...pass. Maybe if some people want to gameshare it or trade for one of the games I do have.

very sick, Have been waiten for everyday shooter to come out, can't wait . This week is looken good for me orange box and everyday shooter :0 :)

I'm somewhat interested in Everyday Shooter, but I might be burned out on dual stick shooters after Super Stardust. Then again, it would be nice to have one to play where each game doesn't take 1-2 hours.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The videos on the PSN are the best description of the game that you can get.[/quote]

Yeah there are a couple of videos on the PSN people can download right now that show Everyday Shooter.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Ratchet and Clank demo FTW.[/QUOTE]I've been playing the demo for a few weeks already. :lol: However, I know the download will be better than the preorder bonus for sure (I just couldn't resists so I bought it.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hmmmm, I'm borderline purchase. I loved Super Stardust.......:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]Your scrore was pretty bad in that game. :p So was mine though. :whistle2:(

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Your scrore was pretty bad in that game. :p So was mine though. :whistle2:([/quote]

That's because I only played it for a total of 3-4 hours. I love the game, but then I started diggin into my backlog and other new releases, so maybe I'll get around to it again and make my score a whole lot better if it means that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back