Whats Nintendo thinking?

Thunderscope

CAGiversary!
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/642/642275p1.html

$100 for a freakin GBA Micro? This thing isn't gonna sell when a DS is $130! Who in their right mind is gonna buy this when you could even get a SP for $80 with a bigger screen that is protected more from scratches. IS EVERY GAMING HARDWARE MANUFACTUER SMOKING CRACK? First the terrible 360 announcement and now this.

Its because the Micro is the Revolution.. The controller is invidible and it projects the games onto a flat wall.

I think the 99 price point wont stick for long.

Old news for one. Two, Its not aimed at gamers. It's aimed at everyone who likes a neat shiney object over something that does more and costs less (look at MP3 players in general). It also MAY have video/audio abilities included. we will see

[quote name='Thunderscope']IS EVERY GAMING HARDWARE MANUFACTUER SMOKING CRACK?[/QUOTE]

Ah, but the Micro is new and exciting! Little kids will beg their parents to buy them one for X-mas this season. Shortly thereafter, we should see a price drop though. :D

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Old news for one. Two, Its not aimed at gamers. It's aimed at everyone who likes a neat shiney object over something that does more and costs less (look at MP3 players in general). It also MAY have video/audio abilities included. we will see[/QUOTE]

One, it doesn't matter who it's aimed at, overpriced is overpriced. Two, it's a 2" screen, and how many years old is the GBA hardware now? Ridiculous.

The current gameboy market is children, sadly. They are the biggest portion, so people usually think of a toy when they think gameboy. This is supposidly to change that, making it a hip gadget to take with you. Because everyone knows it's a little embarassing to play a gameboy in public, sadly.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']Well, you could easily smuggle it into prison inside your ass...[/QUOTE]

Well if I ever go to prison I will remember to pick up a micro.

[quote name='mug3nx']Because everyone knows it's a little embarassing to play a gameboy in public, sadly.[/QUOTE]

True. :(

[quote name='mug3nx']The current gameboy market is children, sadly. They are the biggest portion, so people usually think of a toy when they think gameboy. This is supposidly to change that, making it a hip gadget to take with you. Because everyone knows it's a little embarassing to play a gameboy in public, sadly.[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head man. It seems like video game consoles are becoming more and more fashion like. Example, Paris Hiltion with her PSP. They try to hype it up by making it look sleek and sexy, which is nice in some points. I guess..

bread's done
Back