What's on your Hype Wagon?

ch3zyp00fs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
If you listen to the CAGcast, you know that sometimes Cheapy and Wombat have this segment called "The Hype Wagon" where they choose an unreleased game that they are itchin' to play.

After listening to this recent CAGcast, my current choice for the hype wagon is Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I never really played a whole lot of Smash Bros., but when Wombat informed me that there would be a "single player adventure mode"... I immediately started to do research on the game, and it looks fantastic! I can't wait for this game now. Gotta love me some 2-d side scrolling adventure and fighting.

Instead of going with big games like Brawl, Galaxy, and Mass Effect I'm going to go with Godzilla: Unleashed and Star Trek Conquest both on the Wii. I'm a big fan of both franchises, and I hope they turn out to be good games.

Strangely, I dont seem to be particularly hyped about anything at the moment.

I would be hyped about Persona 3, but I wont let myself play it without having played 1 + 2 first.

I dont expect anything much out of Growlanser V or Wild Arms 5 or Luminous Arc.

I'm down about Smash because of the rumors of it being online.

I suppose I'm excited about Guitar Hero 3 because of Cherub Rock, but thats a minor thing.

big list...

PS3:
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet and Clank Future
Pro Evo Soccer 2008
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Unreal Tournament III
Haze
Time Crisis 4
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Socom Confrontation
LittleBigPlanet

360:
Bioshock
Eternal Sonata
Halo 3
NBA 2k8
Half Life 2: Orange Box
Call of Duty 4
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed

Basically a list of every game I want to buy this year almost certainly.

MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, and Assassin's Creed for me. There are a few others that I'm looking forward to, but those are the main ones for me.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']

I suppose I'm excited about Guitar Hero 3 because of Cherub Rock, but thats a minor thing.[/quote]

That's what sold me on Guitar Hero 3 in the first place, though Dragonforce, Metallica and Slayer only sweeten the deal (though I wouldn't mind a few more bands here and there, but I'm more then happy with what's been announced). Though it doesn't explain why I'm buying two versions of it for two different plastic guitars...

Other then that Rock Band, Growlanser (simply because of all the extra shit), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (if you own a Wii there isn't a reason not to be excited over it), Persona 3 and for the sake of old skool probably KOF IX and Neo Geo Battle Collesium.

Assassin's Creed
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Grand Theft Auto IV
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Prototype

Since I don't have a PS3 yet and Splinter Cell and GTA were both delayed I expect Assassin's Creed to easily be my game of the year.

[quote name='bardockkun']That's what sold me on Guitar Hero 3 in the first place, though Dragonforce, Metallica and Slayer only sweeten the deal (though I wouldn't mind a few more bands here and there, but I'm more then happy with what's been announced). Though it doesn't explain why I'm buying two versions of it for two different plastic guitars...

Other then that Rock Band, Growlanser (simply because of all the extra shit), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (if you own a Wii there isn't a reason not to be excited over it), Persona 3 and for the sake of old skool probably KOF IX and Neo Geo Battle Collesium.[/QUOTE]

KOF IX?? Do you mean KOF XI? Is that coming out here?! I've been waiting for that game for awhle.

Persona 3
Unreal Tournament 3
Eternal Sonata
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (God damn you website updates & thread on CAG about it)
Super Mario Galaxy
Heavenly Sword
Mass Effect
Lego Indiana Jones (Not so much but I loved the Star Wars Lego games)
Phoenix Wright 3 & 4

Was hyped for Blue Dragon but about a week ago I've lost all interest in playing an RPG with more old school-like gameplay. So I'll be staying away from it for a while. There are also others I want to get ASAP but not really 'hyped' for them.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD

I'm more likely to buy this than any other new game coming out this fall because it's the cheapest and IT'S STREET FIGHTER!!!!

LittleBigPlanet is coming sooner then people think. The trial is coming this year. Then in early 2008 we will get the full retail game. The trial we will be pretty much a complete game.

A demo of LittleBigPlanet for PS3 is slated for the PLAYSTATIONNetwork this fall. The full version will follow in early 2008.
Straight from Sony. Now what do they consider fall?

The new Oregon Trail is on my hype wagon.

If that isn't some Ouroboros, I don't know what is.

Hopefully one of my oxen doesn't die. :'[

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Guitar Hero 3: Legends (of Rock?)
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
Ratchet and Clank Future
God of War: Chains of Olympus

I guess I'm hyped for Zelda DS, Mario, and Smash, because those are the only games I'll be buying before the end of the year. That said, I'd be most excited to play Kabu Trader Shun, when Capcom gets off their fucking asses and brings it to the states.

I just came up with this list not too long ago of my most anticipated games of the next 6 months or so:

1) Mass Effect
2) Zelda: PH
3) Mario Galaxy
4) Rock Band
5) Bioshock
6) Super Smash Bros.
7) Call of Duty 4
8) Guitar Hero III
9) Assassin's Creed
10) Halo 3
11) The Orange Box
12) GTA IV
13) Metroid Prime III

1 - Metroid Prime 3
2 - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
3 - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
4 - Heavenly Sword
5 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6 - Super Mario Sunshine
7 - Zack and Wiki
8 - Halo 3

Not Registering
- Bioshock
- Mass Effect
- Assassin's Creed
- Madden
- Nothing in 2008...yet

Halo 3 is on the top of my list followed by Mass Effect, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD, and Guitar Hero III. Rock Band and Assassin's Creed might be able to sneak into my list too.

MGS4. The 15-minute gameplay demo really hooked me. I want this game very badly.

Mario Kart Wii. I've heard positive rumors about this, and it's supposedly in a state where it could actually release in Q1 '08.

So far, this year, all that really has me going 'Gotta Get!!!' is Super Smash Brawl, Mario Galaxy, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, and Eternal Sanata.

Metroid Prime 3
Zelda:phantom Hourglass
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brawl

Phoenix Wright if that's hitting before years end, and Crisis Core if that's coming out here this year. Doubtful on those though.

That's if I don't get another 360 which I don't see myself doing until I get an HDTV or the hdmi premiums become more standard in stores/see another price drop.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yah, XI. Sorry. It was brought to my attention from a fellow CAG'er on the SNK site http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/in-development.php[/QUOTE]

Damn that's some good news. And Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.... Hooray.

I think I'll add 3 more games to SMBB to my hype wagon

KOF XI
SSFII Turbo Remix
and
Victorious Boxers Fighting Spirit (Wii) (I don't care what Cheapy says... Imma love this game.)

As i watch more and more assassin's creed...it looks more and more like ubisoft took the engine out of PoP and placed medieval skins on it..

[quote name='DJSteel']As i watch more and more assassin's creed...it looks more and more like ubisoft took the engine out of PoP and placed medieval skins on it..[/QUOTE]

Heh,

The demo for Assassin's Creed always scares me. It looks like it's lagging incredibly.

ALL 360 GAMES
Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare
Half-Life 2:Orange Box
Halo 3
Spider-Man:Friend or Foe
The Simpsons Game

and next year's 360 port of
Unreal Tournament III

[quote name='bardockkun']Yah, XI. Sorry. It was brought to my attention from a fellow CAG'er on the SNK site http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/in-development.php[/QUOTE]

Sweet, KOF XI's coming out here. I played the hell out of the import a few months back. Maybe I'll double-dip on that.

Here's my list for things coming out this year, almost all of which I'll probably buy:

1) NBA 2K8 - I love my 2K basketball.
2) Persona 3 - even more so now that I sold my copy of Nocturne =(
3) Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD - YES.
4) Ratchet and Clank Future - will be my first R&C game
5) Heavenly Sword - The demo was fun
6) Mass Effect - Bioware's a'ight. =]
7) Mario Galaxy - the first single player gaming I'll do on the Wii since Super Paper Mario came out
8) Eternal Sonata - impressed by the graphics in the demo, and I want to play a good next-gen RPG
9) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - really nice animation
10) Super Smash Bros. Brawl - I might have to buy 3 remotes for this *sigh*
11) Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - _>

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Damn that's some good news. And Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.... Hooray.

I think I'll add 3 more games to SMBB to my hype wagon

KOF XI
SSFII Turbo Remix
and
Victorious Boxers Fighting Spirit (Wii) (I don't care what Cheapy says... Imma love this game.)[/quote] Wait? More Ippo is actually coming to the US? Are you serious?! If so then I'll definetly add that to my list.

Also just because budget priced and allegedly coming to the states, Fire Pro Wrestling.

Vendetta are you planning on getting the 360 or ps3 version of nba 2k8? I love my 2k basketball too and I think rather then preorder I'll wait until a week after release and wait for comparisons on some sports video game forums like www.operationsports.com

If both versions are identical I think I might just go PS3.

bread's done
Back