What's required for Best Buy's low price guarantee, re: when they lower their prices post-purchase?

PackRat666

CAGiversary!
So, I helped my brother-in-law pick out a pair of nice Acer-brand Full HD 23" monitors out at Best Buy last week. I just found out they lowered the prices of them by $50 per unit. As I'm highly familar with shopping at Best Buy, I was familar with their price matching system when it comes to competitors; However, I've never "price matched" Best Buy with their own prices after they decreased their price post-purchase. I read on their website that if they decreased their price within 15 days of purchase, they'll refund you the difference. Great deal -- my question is, what's required when you call their 888 number?

I'm asking because, while I helped picked out my brother-in-law's two monitors and used my Rewards number, he used his card to pay for the transaction. I wanted to surprise him by calling Best Buy up and getting the money refunded to his card before I talked to him, but do I need any payment information when I get the price adjusted? ...OR does Best Buy handle everything since they already  have the payment information for that transaction in their system?

This is great all-around since he seemed a bit hesitant on spending the money on the two monitors, despite that exactly being what he wanted before we went to the store (sometimes people have weird expectations with technology, they just want everything to be amazing and incredibly cheap...well, it will be after I get this worked out! haha). I frequently help my brother-in-law out with his IT set up for his business, and the monitors were technically for my sister's new home office, so this is great all around. Any help would be appreciated.

So, I helped my brother-in-law pick out a pair of nice Acer-brand Full HD 23" monitors out at Best Buy last week. I just found out they lowered the prices of them by $50 per unit. As I'm highly familar with shopping at Best Buy, I was familar with their price matching system when it comes to competitors; However, I've never "price matched" Best Buy with their own prices after they decreased their price post-purchase. I read on their website that if they decreased their price within 15 days of purchase, they'll refund you the difference. Great deal -- my question is, what's required when you call their 888 number?

I'm asking because, while I helped picked out my brother-in-law's two monitors and used my Rewards number, he used his card to pay for the transaction. I wanted to surprise him by calling Best Buy up and getting the money refunded to his card before I talked to him, but do I need any payment information when I get the price adjusted? ...OR does Best Buy handle everything since they already have the payment information for that transaction in their system?

This is great all-around since he seemed a bit hesitant on spending the money on the two monitors, despite that exactly being what he wanted before we went to the store (sometimes people have weird expectations with technology, they just want everything to be amazing and incredibly cheap...well, it will be after I get this worked out! haha). I frequently help my brother-in-law out with his IT set up for his business, and the monitors were technically for my sister's new home office, so this is great all around. Any help would be appreciated.
If you made the purchase in store you are most likely going to have to go back to do the adjustment. Just like if you make the purchase online or online for in-store pickup then you call the 1 800 number for the adjustment.

Do I need the form-of-payment used for the transaction? I'm fine having to force my brother to go with me, but if I don't need him to go, it'd be nice to surprise him and my sister about the discount I got them.

Do I need the form-of-payment used for the transaction? I'm fine having to force my brother to go with me, but if I don't need him to go, it'd be nice to surprise him and my sister about the discount I got them.
It's been so long since I've done this---they shouldn't need the card to process the credit, most retailers don't, but I'm sure someone else will come along shortly that will know for sure. You will need the receipt though---if you don't have it it can be found through the mybestbuy account used to make the purchase

Not all BestBuys follow this but the new rule is we can only price match other people the day you buy the item and we can price match BestBuy and BestBuy.com any time during that 15 days.

This is a dumb rule because you could just return the item and buy another one so most people at customer service just do it because of that.

To PM all you should need is the recipet. We have Pmed an item for a customer before with just that and maybe a ID but the card shouldn't be needed as we can do this if you paid cash.

Print up the purchase from your Rewards history and go into the store and ask for the price adjustment. This is what I do and I've never had a problem but YMMV.

bread's done
Back