What's Rockin' In Your iPod!

Creative Vision M rather than iPod....

Mostly rocking the new U2 album lately, along with some Modest Mouse (saw them live last week) and Pearl Jam is always in heavy rotation as they have been since 1991 for me.

[quote name='adriley313']I think Gives You Hell is very catchy too.
Maybe someone will sing it on idol.[/quote]

That or "I Don't Wanna Be in Love" by Good Charlotte. Another catchy tune.:D

I just heard that "Lark On My Go-Kart" track yesterday and Roth went in as usual embarrassing the other two clowns he put on the track. Honestly I stop listening to track after Roth's verse.

"Me and Teddy Ruskin stirring up a ruckus
Egging all the houses smashing all the pumpkins
Suck a dick butkus, chumps can't funk with the punk kids
Ash Roth be the king of the blumpkins
Any Tim Duncan spur of the moment
Let the world know that I run shit
Jump ship quick tell your friends that I'm dumb sick
Spit fungus that'll grow from a dung trip"

Dude is nice with it. I'm certainly looking forward to his album.

Lots of plays in my Zune recently:

Morrissey - Years of Refusal
Cursive - Mama, I'm Swollen
IAMX - The Alternative
Depeche Mode - Wrong [single]
De/Vision - NOOB
Placebo - Black Market Music
Covenant - In Transit

My second iPod just died. Apparently they last 2 years max before you are forced to get something new. I thought I'd be lost without my iPod but it's been almost 2 months and I'm hanging in there. I've been using XLobby software on my touchscreen jukebox to listen to music.

I haven't downloaded anything in ages though. I'll be picking up the reissue of Pearl Jam's Ten but other than that I haven't been too interested in new music (and that's not even new). I never understood how my parents could just not give a crap about music but I think I get it now. It takes time and effort and when you aren't in school and don't get to hang out with your friends (who have similar musical tastes) you just don't hear about new stuff like you used to.

That's definitely true, and big reason why I still mainly listen to the stuff I did when I was in high school and undergrad. Just don't have the time and interest to seek out new music since I don't like most new stuff that gets radio playtime.

I'm also looking forward to the Ten re-issue--which reminds me that I nee to renew my Ten Club membership.

Edit: Took care of that and also pre-ordered the deluxe version of the Ten reissue (with the remastered and remixed version of the album and the DVD of the Unplugged performance).

I really wish they would sell just the extras from the Ten reissue. The remaster of the original mix is, as expected by just about everyone, a typical awful-sounding, maximized modern remaster. I'd like to hear the remixes, bonus tracks, and have the Unplugged DVD, though.

Yeah, I haven't heard the remixes. I always thought ten was a little rough around the edges compared to their later albums so I'm interested in checking them out.

I was fine paying for the pack--and ordering it from them when I'm sure it cost a lot more (especially with the high shipping) than it will in stores as I've loved their music for going on 18 years now so I'm happy to give the money directly to them.

Rough around the edges? Are you fucking serious? If anything, Ten is the cleanest, most polished sounding production of Pearl Jam's entire career. The damn album was practically produced like a hair metal album, what with all the vocal overdubs and reverb the album is washed in.

[quote name='adriley313']ya keep telling yourself that. I don't see any Zune commericals out.[/quote]
You've got a point. Since it doesn't have an commercials, it must be an inferior product.

[quote name='evanft']Rough around the edges? Are you fucking serious? If anything, Ten is the cleanest, most polished sounding production of Pearl Jam's entire career. The damn album was practically produced like a hair metal album, what with all the vocal overdubs and reverb the album is washed in.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I don't know what it is. Probably just that I don't like Ten as much as many die hard PJ fans I guess, so something about the sound has always seemed a bit off to me. Black is my favorite song, but Ten is probably 4th on my ranking of their albums.

Hell maybe its the opposite and that it's too polished! I'm not a muscian and as tone deaf at they comb so I'm pretty shitty at giving good reasons why I prefer something musically other than "I just do." :D

But still interested to here both the remastered and remixed album. Particularly the latter.

Mastadon. Clutch, COC, DOWN, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Duran Duran, Prince, Outkast, The Black Keys, At The Drive In, Slayer, Metallica(first four albums), ACDC, Airbourne, The Allman Brothers, Miles Davis, Ween, Frank Zappa, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Screaming Trees, Melvins, Fantomas, Faith No More, Peeping Tom, DEATH, The Sword, Red Fang, Molly Hatchet, Canned Heat, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Less Than Jake, NOFX, The Vandals, etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Eh, I don't know what it is. Probably just that I don't like Ten as much as many die hard PJ fans I guess, so something about the sound has always seemed a bit off to me. Black is my favorite song, but Ten is probably 4th on my ranking of their albums.

Hell maybe its the opposite and that it's too polished! I'm not a muscian and as tone deaf at they comb so I'm pretty shitty at giving good reasons why I prefer something musically other than "I just do." :D

But still interested to here both the remastered and remixed album. Particularly the latter.[/quote]

Yeah, it's definitely too polished. It's the same problem that effected Nevermind.

On a PJ-related side note, I recently got the Official Bootleg of 11/6/2000 Seattle from Second Spin for $7.62. How kick ass is that? My goal now is to find the third Mansfield, MA show from the 2003 releases for less than $9. That one has 45 songs and very little overlap with Seattle!!

Yeah, that was another one I was looking at, but at first glance it looked like getting Seattle and Mansfield would cover a good chunk of the songs on it.

What certainly is not rockin' in my iPod, so I question your sources. And I like getting my mp3s for free and then buying the CDs so I have a physical record to rip if necessary (and art, etc.).

Anyway, I haven't listened my iPod much since I've been at home anyway, but if I was then it would probably be Propagandhi, Bonobo, Jack Johnson, Strike Anywhere, and maybe some Rise Against and Lagwagon.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, that Seattle show is kick ass. State College 2003 is another great one.[/quote]

[quote name='evanft']Yeah, that was another one I was looking at, but at first glance it looked like getting Seattle and Mansfield would cover a good chunk of the songs on it.[/quote]

You guys should definitely hunt down Philly 2005. I've got at least 200 concerts of theirs and I always come back to it. The first encore is absolutely sick: Around The Bend -> Harvest Moon -> Hard To Imagine -> Crown of Thorns -> Crazy Mary -> Alive. It blows me away every time.

They open with Wash, they play Sad, Alone, Not For You, Leatherman and a ton of others. I need to go listen to this right now.

I'm doing construction work over spring break and it gets boring. What are good portable speakers that I can take along that are compatible with the iPod?

Please any recommendations.

[quote name='javeryh']You guys should definitely hunt down Philly 2005. I've got at least 200 concerts of theirs and I always come back to it. The first encore is absolutely sick: Around The Bend -> Harvest Moon -> Hard To Imagine -> Crown of Thorns -> Crazy Mary -> Alive. It blows me away every time.

They open with Wash, they play Sad, Alone, Not For You, Leatherman and a ton of others. I need to go listen to this right now.[/quote]

Dude, I'm listening to Seattle right now, and it's friggin' awesome. I just really wish they had done some more elaborate mixing. Eddie is way too far back, as are the drums. The guitars are also a little too hard left and hard right. They could have been widened out a bit so they bleed into the center channel a little.

I was watching an auction for a sealed copy of the third Mansfield 2003 show that closed a few hours ago. It was $4.99 with $2.99 shipping. Surprisingly, no one bid, even though that's a fucking awesome price. The seller just relisted it as a BIN at the same price, and I jumped on it.

So yeah, I got Seattle and Mansfield for less than $16 combined. Looking at prevailing prices on eBay and Amazon, I think I did damn well for myself with that one.

Yeah, the 2000 bootlegs sound is no where near as good as the latter years. I have 4 or 5 I think from that year--since then I've started only buying shows I attend.

This weeks download:

Get Your Money Up- Keri Hilson
I Am... Sasha Fierce
Craig David- Greatest Hits
Britneys Spears- Toy Solider
Day 26- Day 26

[quote name='evanft']lol @ paying for mp3s.
lol @ mp3s being cheaper.

I'll take my better sounding, permanently backed up, can rip in any format I want, CD collection.[/quote]

yeah man, I buy allmy albums as well, the only time I download shit is if it's a song not available on an album, remixes, etc.

I bought the Pearl Jam, but haven't listened, you sound like a way bigger audiophile than me, I don't think I'll be able to hear what you want about the remaster, I'm keeping my original CD anyway.

And seriously, the Asher Roth love needs to stop, the guy is not nice. His shit is straight jokes, while real MCs like Apathy that had major deals couldn't get anywhere cause they wouldn't make a stupid-ass song like "I Love College"... I really hate the fucking guy.

bread's done
Back