What's so great about the PS3 Slim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBiz

CAGiversary!
I keep reading how everyone is waiting for a slim or willing to buy a 2nd PS3 just to get a slim.

I don't get it, is it getting something the current PS3 phat doesn't have? Can it make coffee or tea or ice cream? Is it just backwards compatible with the PS2? Isn't that being fixed on all PS3's with firmware? Because it's supposed to be cheaper? Please someone enlighten me.

it doesnt exist but people hope it will so they can get a ps3 on the cheap( thinking the fat models will be dropped in price).they keep on hoping it will appear like shangrila.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']No more Spider-Man emblem font.

Arrival of a new SKU means retailers will be pushing deals on current SKUs to make room.[/QUOTE]

How does this make the slim more desirable? This would just make people want to get the phat.

[quote name='Paco']It has a vagina from what I'm told. An ASIAN vagina.[/QUOTE]

Buying two in case I over use the first. Unless they have purchasable replacements.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Buying two in case I over use the first. Unless they have purchasable replacements.[/QUOTE]

having a PS3 orgy eh!

[quote name='ecofreak']it will finally double as a george forman grill. yea![/quote]

delicious!

should be cooler because of the smaller parts = cheaper to manufacture= should be cheaper to consumers. The keyword is should be, but considering Sony's history of overpricing products, who knows!

[quote name='TheBiz']I keep reading how everyone is waiting for a slim or willing to buy a 2nd PS3 just to get a slim.

I don't get it, is it getting something the current PS3 phat doesn't have? Can it make coffee or tea or ice cream? Is it just backwards compatible with the PS2? Isn't that being fixed on all PS3's with firmware? Because it's supposed to be cheaper? Please someone enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

because BIGGER things come in smaller packages!!!!
onion_gifs_emoticons-19.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Without reading any of the replies a slim model would suggest a potential price drop if it actually exists.

Doesn't mean a price drop will happen, but it is a possibility.

Ignoring all price related items I can say this:

A slim model might run cooler, a slim model would take up less space.

A slim model might weigh less than my 32 inch samsung...

Without reading any of the replies a slim model would suggest a potential price drop if it actually exists.

Doesn't mean a price drop will happen, but it is a possibility.

Ignoring all price related items I can say this:

A slim model might run cooler, a slim model would take up less space.

A slim model might weigh less than my 32 inch samsung...

the whole thing with this slim PS3 is a bit out of control... Some people i know were so excited that they think the slim PS3 will be a better deal than the $400 80gb PS3 that comes with MGS4 and KZ2. I hope they realize that the slim is not happening anytime soon.

[quote name='freshzen']I hope i can fit the PS3 slim into my doggie purse.[/QUOTE]

Well, then...where will you put your doggy?

[quote name='Serpentor']I hope they realize that the slim is not happening anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Some of the leaked info suggests it's it'll be in stores in August.

Not sure if that qualifies as "anytime soon", but that's what I read.

If the Slim is the console they are showing on rumor boards, then they can keep it. It is not the most attractive thing I have seen. They can wait another couple years and put out something better.

[quote name='kevlar51']They're going to keep the fats around, but the slims will only play download games and will cost 40% more.[/QUOTE]

:applause::lol::lol::applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back