What's the best $9.99 game on PSN?

XP1

CAGiversary!
I just redeemed a $9.99 PSN code.

What's the best $9.99 game on PSN?

Any sales where I could get two or more games?

I second Xenogears. There's plenty of goodies there, FF7 bears mentioning, PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe and a couple of other goodies in the PSOne classics.

I always got annoyed whenever some site or magazine does a top 10 list of something, recent items always seem to be featured with such prominence.

My advice is to sit on and wait for the weekly PSN sales, most of the items I have wanted have eventually gone on sale, usually for 50% off.

Battlefield 1943

By far the best bang for your buck if you're into FPS games. I got it July 2009 and I still play it nearly every day and a lot of others are still playing still since it's included with BC2 Ultimate edition.

If you like RPGs, pick up Xenogears or Final Fantasy IX (9). If you like simple pick up and play games, Scott Pilgrim would be a good choice

sales every week. Best what? Graphics, multi, hours, story.....depends what your looking for.

Last week had penny arcade games on sale. 2 games for $3....I'll take that any day of the week.

This probably won't be the popular opinion, but since you didn't specify what kind of game you're looking for I thought I'd point out something different.

I bought Risk for $9.99 about a week ago and it's been a real blast if you're into that sort of game. There are enough people playing it online that you can pretty much always find enough people to play a game. And the competition is pretty tough if you want a good challenge.

I heard the second disc of Xenogears was pretty miserable and felt unfinished to a lot of people. Supposedly they ran out of time and had to condense a huge amount of storyline into insanely long cutscene segments. I hate when gameplay is interrupted by cutscenes for more than a few minutes(MGS4). I also hate when those cutscenes' only purpose is to bring you up to speed on an esoteric storyline which is far more complex than it should be(MGS4). I also hate when I realize the game that took me 20 hours to beat could have taken me only 10 if I had skipped all the cutscenes(MGS4).

Anyways, Vagrant Story is coming out on PSN this week though and it's only $5.99. I'll probably pick that up instead.

[quote name='Squall835']Scott Pilgrim vs. The World[/QUOTE]

Only if you have physical friends to play it with you since there's no online co-op and it's not getting put in. To me it's only worth $5 since I don't have any physical friends to play the game with me (I got it when it went on sale for $5 on 360 the week the movie came out on Blu-Ray.)

bread's done
Back