Whats the best band EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess he didn't add Zeppelin since everyone knows already that they are the best rock band ever. They had the most influence out of any band.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='zewone']Your poll sucks, but I'll got with Led Zepllin.[/quote]

Am I the only one on this board who can spell Zeppelin? :wink: :lol:[/quote]

Nope, I can. Zeppelin. I think Ledhed might just be able to, I'm not sure. ;) :D[/quote]

I can also tell you where the name came from, and why "Led" is spelled without an A. :wink:[/quote]

I know where it came from, but I can't remember ever hearing a reason for the missing "A".[/quote]

It's pretty mundane actually. They were simply afraid that people would pronounce it LEED, as in leader, and not LED, like the metal.

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='RaekwonThaChef']I'd hate to open a gaping doorway for endless flaming and discussion here, but does anyone else who LIKES classic rock not like Led Zep. Cause I sure don't.[/quote]
I know a couple of people who don't, they say they are put off by Plant's voice...
Blasphemy, I say.[/quote]

I was afraid to say it, and maybe I still should be, but that's the main thing. Plant's voice. Ruins it for me :oops:

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='zewone']Your poll sucks, but I'll got with Led Zepllin.[/quote]

Nope, I can. Zeppelin. I think Ledhed might just be able to, I'm not sure. ;) :D[/quote]

I can also tell you where the name came from, and why "Led" is spelled without an A. :wink:[/quote]

I know where it came from, but I can't remember ever hearing a reason for the missing "A".[/quote]

It's pretty mundane actually. They were simply afraid that people would pronounce it LEED, as in leader, and not LED, like the metal.[/quote]

Never underestimate the stupidity of the common man.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='zewone']Your poll sucks, but I'll got with Led Zepllin.[/quote]

It's pretty mundane actually. They were simply afraid that people would pronounce it LEED, as in leader, and not LED, like the metal.[/quote]

Never underestimate the stupidity of the common man.[/quote]
What was the bands name before they were Led Zeppelin?
Marginal applause goes to the first person who answers correctly. :)

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='zewone']Your poll sucks, but I'll got with Led Zepllin.[/quote]

Marginal applause goes to the first person who answers correctly. :)[/quote]

The New Yardbirds.

Did you really expect it to be anyone else? :wink:

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='zewone']Your poll sucks, but I'll got with Led Zepllin.[/quote]

Marginal applause goes to the first person who answers correctly. :)[/quote]

The New Yardbirds.

Did you really expect it to be anyone else? :wink:[/quote]
It's no fair if you answer... :D

Marginal applause awarded...*claps*

It's gotta be the Beatles. How is Velvet Revolver tied for 1st? Sure they're a good band but hello they have had ONE cd how can they even be considered for greatest band EVER?

[quote name='Msut77']Weezer.[/quote]

LOL! I said something to that extent. Weezer ownz!

=w=w=w=w=w=w=w=w=w=w=w=w=w=w=w=w=

[quote name='tyecko']It's gotta be the Beatles. How is Velvet Revolver tied for 1st? Sure they're a good band but hello they have had ONE cd how can they even be considered for greatest band EVER?[/quote]

Because almost everyone has a different favorite compared to the list. The list is inaccurate and will never be right.

OMG...WTF...? How the HELL is Velvet Revolver competing with the Beatles. Y'all're seriously stupid if you voted for Velvet Revolver over the Beatles.

How come no one's mentioned Pink Floyd. I'm not sure that I personally consider them the best band ever, but I know some of you out there must. People are always saying Pink Floyd's the best. None of you think so?

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']How come no one's mentioned Pink Floyd. I'm not sure that I personally consider them the best band ever, but I know some of you out there must. People are always saying Pink Floyd's the best. None of you think so?[/quote]

Pink Floyd is great, but I prefer Led Zeppelin, The Doors, and Bob Dylan.

OMFG I can't believe Velvet Revolver and the Beatles are still tied. Come on. I mean seriously. At least no one's voted for MManson or Slipknot.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Uhhh... Led Zepplin! Hello![/quote]

Close the polls, it's been decided. Done.[/quote]

word.

[quote name='camoor'][quote name='RichD1']I choose rap.[/quote]

I think it's now Led Zeppelin vs rap

Who will win, who will win??[/quote]

ZEPPELIN 4 LIZYFE!!

[quote name='XboxMaster']OMG...WTF...? How the HELL is Velvet Revolver competing with the Beatles. Y'all're seriously stupid if you voted for Velvet Revolver over the Beatles.[/quote]

I agree. I wholeheartly agree. I dont know why you guys are voting for them. They are a good band but pleeeeeeasse...We are talking about the Beatles here.

I'd take any of these over your choices:

AC/DC
KISS
Led Zepplin
Rolling Stones
Alabama :D Roll on...(the best drinking game ever)

[quote name='JebusMcLucifer']How the hell does Velvet Revolver have more votes than Metallica?[/quote]

Metallica sold out a looong time ago, even their old drummer admitted as much. No love from the internet crowd.

Yeah since there just too many bands you really cant do a poll. Now in my mind Beatles while not my favorite they did open for door for just many many bands throughtout all generes and whos knows what itd be like without them.

[quote name='camoor'][quote name='JebusMcLucifer']How the hell does Velvet Revolver have more votes than Metallica?[/quote]

Metallica sold out a looong time ago, even their old drummer admitted as much. No love from the internet crowd.[/quote]

Old drummer for Metallica? Huh?

myke?

I voted for the beatles. Not because they're the most talented or complicated, but because they were lucky. They were "the band" of the moment as the rise of television came to fruition.

[quote name='mykevermin'][quote name='camoor'][quote name='JebusMcLucifer']How the hell does Velvet Revolver have more votes than Metallica?[/quote]

Metallica sold out a looong time ago, even their old drummer admitted as much. No love from the internet crowd.[/quote]

Old drummer for Metallica? Huh?

myke?[/quote]

To be honest I don't know.

All I know is that Metallica showed their true money-grubbing selves when they beat up on Napster. They are now a funny bunch of has-beens, just like the RIAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back