What's the best/most enjoyable weapon you have ever used?

allen9917

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
in any video game, mostly FPS or action/adventure games? Personally the most enjoyable weapon I've used is the LONGSHOT in GoW I or II. feels great blowing heads with it. Thoughts?

The glaive in Dark Sector and the crossbow in Perfect Dark Zero come to mind. The spartan laser in Halo 3 is also quite satisfying when it connects.

My favorite weapon hands down in ANY game has to be the stake gun from Painkiller.

My favorite "fun" weapon has to be the anti-gravity gun in Half-Life 2.

As much fun as dropping a CP from across a courtyard and behind cover with a cinder block was in Half-Life 2, I'm not going with the gravity gun.

I'm tempted to guy with Shephard's sidearm from Half-Life: Opposing Force. The very first gun you get, and it can drop half the things you see in a single shot. It's basically the magnum, but with enough ammunition that you can use it more than five times in the whole game.

Then there's the crossbow from Deus Ex. But while it's an incredibly cool stealth weapon, any of the more combat-oriented characters will quickly find that it is useful only for dropping GMOs, and is more-or-less useless against humans.

Soooo... I'm-a go with Opposing Force's alien grenade launcher. It's an iguana-looking creature creature that just perches on your arm. Give it a squeeze, and it vomits out a corrosive glob of explodey green stuff. Plus, you can pet it in your idle animation. And that is awesome.

Only one thing feels as good as nailing an awesome midair shot with a disc launcher from Tribes, and that's doing it again (because you're just that damn good).

The regular shotgun from RE4. No, seriously. I don't think there's ever been a weapon that's been more satisfying to blow people's heads off with. Like, it gets to the point where you just feel strangely disappointed when you don't see that head pop.

bread's done
Back