whats the best tv

consider bigger than 37" ..... that is just too small....my parents just bought a 40" and they already think its a little small.....i just got a 56" and I kinda wish I had the room for a 73".....if your gonna spend a lot, go big....

Remember that you lose 3-4 inches on both sides when viewing SD tv.

As far as best TV for $800... why not go rear projection instead of flat screen. I know the whole flat screen thing is neat but for picture quality you'll get a wayyy better tv for $800 if you go with a rear projection HDTV.

Or you could bump up your budget by x4-5 and get a Pioneer Kuro. *DROOL*

I want to go higher than 37in but cant fit it in the entertainment center I have trying to find some advice on which brands are good cause im looking at the black friday ads but want to make sure those are good tvs.

[quote name='halofreak64']I want to go higher than 37in but cant fit it in the entertainment center I have trying to find some advice on which brands are good cause im looking at the black friday ads but want to make sure those are good tvs.[/QUOTE]

My pick would be the Olevia 237T at Target for $550. I've owned this model for about 8 months. It's a great TV for the most part. Nice HD picture, ok SD picture. Some minor complaints: the tuner is really slow in changing channels and you have to scroll through all the inputs when you want to change them (even if there is nothing plugged into them). Also, mine seems to have something set wrong for 480p 4:3 material. It kind of half-stretches the image. A full stretched 480p image is fine (WS Wii, WS DVDs), and 480i (SD), 720p, 1080i, and any VGA resoultion I've tried all work fine.

MjC

bread's done
Back