What's the best way to record console gameplay?

btw1217

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Ok, too many hilarious things have happened in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I have to start recording them. Here's the problem. I want to be able to record them on my TV (CRT TV, nothin' too fancy. Not sure if it matters), and be able to transfer them to my laptop. What's the best way to go about doing that?

I personally had a USB capturer like Dazzle hooked up to my VCR output while my console was hooked up to it's input, that way I can still play on the TV while it captures my gameplay on my PC.

fuck everything else. Get a set-top DVD-Recorder. Recommend the Panasonics personallly. You can get one for around $100 and it's waaaay better than tape. Plus if your PC drive can read DVD-RAM discs, all you have to do is copy the VRO file from the disk and rename it to mpg and you're done.

Video Card to capture things with threw wire but you need to convert the sound port unless it has a sound port.

you can use your VCR/DVD recorder if your VCR acts like a television and has video ports.

get a camera and center it in front of a tv.

Personally I would get RGB and patch it threw a video card.

anyone have a link to what exactly I would need to do this? I just want to be able to record what's going on on the TV and upload to the comp. I look up this stuff and I get a million different things. I'm not too much of a techy, obviously.

[quote name='SMMM']anyone have a link to what exactly I would need to do this? I just want to be able to record what's going on on the TV and upload to the comp. I look up this stuff and I get a million different things. I'm not too much of a techy, obviously.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see I'm not the only one. :)

This is what I'm looking at getting: http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products/videocapture/vidusb/

It got great reviews and is pretty cheap on eBay.

That's got everything you need, except for maybe a few RCA (composite) audio/video cables, depending on your setup.

bread's done
Back