What's the best Xbox 360 shaped PS3 controller?

Blaster man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
My left thumb hurts after using the PS3 controller for extended periods. I think it's because I switch between consoles and the 360 left analog stick happens to be right where my left thumb is when it's in the resting position. Meanwhile my PS3 controller requires I constantly stretch my left thumb across the controller as the thumb basically has to rest on the left stick the whole time (even when not in use).

So, I've given up and I'm going to buy one of these 360 shapped controllers but reviewers complain about dead zones. For those of you with experience with these controllers, what's the best one?

^ It's a decent controller. I got one used from Amazon last year. Since a system update, the ring of light doesn't work correct.

It's definitely not as nice as the PS3 DualShock, but it's still more comfortable than it.

I used that elite for the longest time.. the dead zone wasn't unplayable but it was annoying and would mess me up on games that needed fine movement. At the time it was the best I had found :( Now i use http://www.powera.com/FUS1ON and it has no dead zone and feels great. Also it has six-axis.. I know i never really need 6-axis but i like having it there just in case :) i haven't had it for that long, so cant speak on durability but highly recommend it based on comfort and function. I should prolly also note that I had the exact same issue with the default ps3 controllers.. I didn't like the way my thumb had to stretch across.

I like that FUS1ON, but I hate wired controllers. As for the first controller, the deadzone wasn't that noticeable to me, but I don't game on my PS3 that often.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention the wire. And I know that can be a deal breaker for some. I personally prefer wired, but i play at my desk on my monitor so I'm super close and never notice em.

Im using the new controller. It has a large and noticeable dead zone. It would be a problem on games that need fast movements. Luckily I'm using it to play some JRPG's. If I play some FPS's on my PS3 I'll have to use the regular controller which is far less comfortable.

Just now seeing this thread, OP.

[quote name='Brainberry']http://www.target.com/p/ps3-pro-elite-wireless-controller-playstation-3/-/A-13217769?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C13217769&CPNG=Electronics&kpid=13217769&ci_gpa=pla&ci_sku=13217769[/QUOTE]

$10.01 less:http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4290893

I could have gotten this 1 for $7.xx from TRU, but I procrastinated!:bomb::http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4334325 Saw it on SD. It WAS $9.98 and I could have stacked 20% off within the last week or so.

Edit:That wired $14.98 controller at TRU turns into $11.98 when added to the cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not buy the Power A controllers. IMO they're awful, feels really cheap.

What you can do is buy a "XCM Cross Battle Adapter Plus" which plugs into the USB port on your PS3 and then you plug in a wired 360 controller and voila. I use it all the time on Borderlands 2, Resistance 2, & 3.

There is one problem and that is some games (Looking at you Battlefield 3) doesn't let you remap the aim/shoot buttons to the triggers and using the 360 bumpers to aim and shoot is not fun.

However, there is a more expensive model of the cross battle adapter that let's you remap the buttons on the actual device. I think it goes for around 80 bucks however and then you have to get a 360 wired controller which I think is around 50.

[quote name='Komentra']Do not buy the Power A controllers. IMO they're awful, feels really cheap.

What you can do is buy a "XCM Cross Battle Adapter Plus" which plugs into the USB port on your PS3 and then you plug in a wired 360 controller and voila. I use it all the time on Borderlands 2, Resistance 2, & 3.

There is one problem and that is some games (Looking at you Battlefield 3) doesn't let you remap the aim/shoot buttons to the triggers and using the 360 bumpers to aim and shoot is not fun.

However, there is a more expensive model of the cross battle adapter that let's you remap the buttons on the actual device. I think it goes for around 80 bucks however and then you have to get a 360 wired controller which I think is around 50.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Is there a current adapter for this that's good? I'm not having an easy time finding an XCM and I don't like buying things that ship from freakin hong kong. I'm still trying to figure out why the hell that one ebay seller is listing the damn thing for sale in GBP but it ships from hong kong. That doesn't make much sense.

Oh my god no. Get the Power A Fus1on. I love this controller. No deadzone problems. I waited so long for a controller like this to come along. Kinda makes me sad that now we'll have to wait for a ps4 version because they freaking nailed it with this one.

Totally upped my game in max payne 3 multiplayer and first person shooters. Very well made and no problems with the sticks.

I cannot recommend this controller enough. I usually hate 3rd party controllers, but this one was totally worth it.

THe only downside is that it is wired so it takes up a usb, but it's worth it imo.

[quote name='thrifty1']Oh my god no. Get the Power A Fus1on. I love this controller. No deadzone problems. I waited so long for a controller like this to come along. Kinda makes me sad that now we'll have to wait for a ps4 version because they freaking nailed it with this one.

Totally upped my game in max payne 3 multiplayer and first person shooters. Very well made and no problems with the sticks.

I cannot recommend this controller enough. I usually hate 3rd party controllers, but this one was totally worth it.

THe only downside is that it is wired so it takes up a usb, but it's worth it imo.[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer wired. Up until now, I've used a USB adapter with a PS2 controller. Anyone tried the Hori FPS Assault pad for PS3? I have an X360 one ordered but we'll see. I'd like to get a PowerA Fusion and a Datel Wild Fire at some point. It annoys me that the Hori pads with the turbos (Hori Pad EX2?) are nowhere to be found for PS3. I love the 360 ones.

bread's done
Back