What's the deal with Guitar Hero?

[quote name='XboxMaster']I know it's coming to the 360, but any idea on a release date and/or price?[/QUOTE]

Early 2007, no word on the price yet but I can't imagine it being more then the PS2 version.

[quote name='Sporadic']Early 2007, no word on the price yet but I can't imagine it being more then the PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

I don't know since most 360 games are $60, this might just go for around $90+.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I would guess a little higher than the PS2 version, seeing as this is xbox 360 and the Wireless controller I'm sure factors into the price.[/QUOTE]

the controller won't be wireless from what i've read.

IGN has a relase date of March 1st I believe. I know that probably wont be the exact date, but it would probably be fair to expect it around that time.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Considering they still have some time to work on it, and they just released a wireless version for PS2, there's some hope for a wireless controller. Of course that most likely means it'll cost even more...[/QUOTE]
No hope for the 360 wireless controller read the article above, haven't you wondered why there are no third party wireless controllers so far its because they can only be made by microsoft and thats why there won't be a wireless guitar. Activision/red Octane doesn't want other people making guitars and microsoft doesn't want other people making wireless controllers.

[quote name='M1C13']No hope for the 360 wireless controller read the article above, haven't you wondered why there are no third party wireless controllers so far its because they can only be made by microsoft and thats why there won't be a wireless guitar. Activision/red Octane doesn't want other people making guitars and microsoft doesn't want other people making wireless controllers.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but this seems reconcilable. Red Octane/MTV/whomever owns them now, isn't interested in the controller market. MS could let them make their guitar and dance pads and keep the controller market to themselves. And here people think Sony is the evil empire, what with their open standards on their controllers, hard drives, etc. ;)

It's not as cut and dried as people are making it seem. You know people are going to raise hell if it isn't wireless, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them work something out.

At the very least, they should make them with the breakaway cords that the first XBox controllers had. Best wired controller idea ever.

Doesn't bother me much anyway, I don't run around the room or anything so it wouldn't really be necessary for me. I'd rather save the 10 bucks extra it would likely cost.

So, someone with more knowledge on the subject than me: if they can't get out-of-the-box wireless functionality, is it reasonable to think that someone could come up with a USB dongle that could get around that? They could just pack it with the guitar.

I think Microsoft will let them make a wireless controller, they just haven't announced it yet. That's too big of a game and too important of a feature to just stick to their guns on.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']This game had better have a fucking wireless guitar. Come on MS, loosen up for this one and give the gamers what they want.[/QUOTE]
how is it msft fault for it not being announced to have a wireless controller yet. IIRC, the no 3rd party wireless controller was only for the first year.

[quote name='ryanbph']how is it msft fault for it not being announced to have a wireless controller yet. IIRC, the no 3rd party wireless controller was only for the first year.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft won't let anybody else use the wireless tech. Period.

[quote name='ryanbph']how is it msft fault for it not being announced to have a wireless controller yet. IIRC, the no 3rd party wireless controller was only for the first year.[/quote]Whatever happens, all I'm saying is the game better release with a fucking wireless guitar.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Microsoft won't let anybody else use the wireless tech. Period.[/QUOTE]

and as i said, i thought the exclusive msft made wireless controller for the 360 was only limited for 1 year. IIRC, that was announced last year, that after a year msft would allow for 3rd parties to make wireless products for them.

Yeah, I thought the 1 year stipulation was in effect also...who knows, maybe we are wrong....maybe MS extended their own patent on it.

HOWEVER, if they let Guitar Hero be wireless, they would probably have to let everyone come out with a wireless controller. Not sure if MS wants to lose that market on the wireless controller....I know they make LOTS of money on the accessories.

There's no point in asserting that "they better release it with a fucking wireless guitar" when it's been officially stated that IT IS NOT WIRELESS. Done. Thanks for the input, I guess I'll just go ahead and go with the PS2 version if it's gonna be around March for the 360 ver.

[quote name='XboxMaster']There's no point in asserting that "they better release it with a fucking wireless guitar" when it's been officially stated that IT IS NOT WIRELESS. Done. Thanks for the input, I guess I'll just go ahead and go with the PS2 version if it's gonna be around March for the 360 ver.[/quote]I didn't know I wasn't allowed to speak my mind or hope for things to happen in the future.

bread's done
Back