What's the difference between a University and a State University?

caffolote

CAGiversary!
I wanted to apply to Florida State but I heard it comes lower in terms of education than University of Florida. Should I just apply there instead?

[quote name='CrimGhost']Good football team or bad football team. There in lies the difference.[/quote]

Michigan >>> Michigan State
Ohio

[quote name='CrimGhost']Point made.[/quote]

:lol: Well, now we gotta come up with a new explanation for him. How about something with Whales in it?

Traditionally the state school is the agriculture school, however over time most state universities have expanded well beyond this role.

What you really should do is decide what are the top 2 major programs you are interested in entering then look at how both schools are ranked.

Oddly enough, I live in Tallahassee which is where FSU is, but I go to University of Florida. Then, the OP asks about the two.

It all depends on which "University of" and "State University" you are going to apply to. It is partly politics, and also depends on what you want to major in. For example, Cal and UCLA are the two major UC schools, while Cal Poly which is a CSU is the best for tech majors. Otherwise unless you're going to a top 50 or 100 school, they're all pretty much equal.

[quote name='Thongsy']It all depends on which "University of" and "State University" you are going to apply to. It is partly politics, and also depends on what you want to major in. For example, Cal and UCLA are the two major UC schools, while Cal Poly which is a CSU is the best for tech majors. Otherwise unless you're going to a top 50 or 100 school, they're all pretty much equal.[/quote]

AH HA! I was right, I was right!
tongue6.gif

bread's done
Back