Whats the most credit hours you've taken in college?

Staind204

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Well I am a JR in college and I transferred to a 4 yr school this fall quarter. I changed my major 3 times so I am now forced to take 20 credit hours one of my quarters in order to graduate at a decent time. I will still probably have to go 1 quarter of my 5th year but thats not so bad with our Halloween party being one of the biggest in the US. I am trying to decide if this would be the best time to get the 20 hrs over with, being winter quarter and all. Next year it's going to be my senior year and I'll be 21 so I'm sure they'll be all kinds of distractions. Has anyone else taken 20 credit hrs in college before, if so how was it?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I've taken about 23 every semester, because that's the minimum at my school. It's fucking MURDER.[/QUOTE]

Thats nuts, why would they MAKE you take 23? At both the school I've attended, 20 is the maximum you can take without having to pay extra.

[quote name='Staind204']Thats nuts, why would they MAKE you take 23? At both the school I've attended, 20 is the maximum you can take without having to pay extra.[/quote]

The course is so extensive that thats the minimum to take to keep it a 4 year school. If they broke it up more it would become a 5 or even 6 year college.

The most I've taken is 13, but I took some college classes in high school and take summer classes, so I should get my BA on-time next Spring.

Totally depends on what type of classes you are taking. If you sign up for underwater basketweaving, typing, bowling, ethnic studies 101, and sociology, you should be fine.

If, on the other hand, you sign up for vector calculus, organic chemistry, molecular cell biology, astrophysics, and neural coordinates of visual perception, you might as well quit now.

4 normal classes this semester, plus I work a normal full-time job (40 hrs + 5-10 hrs OT every week), plus I have 2 side jobs on the weekend.

Thankfully my gf works ~80hrs a week or she'd kill me.

[quote name='ananag112']I am taking 18 next semester and that is the most I have taken thus far.
I took 15 this semester[/QUOTE]

Same here.

When I was in college, I always strove to take 20. College was awesome, and I'd take more if it wasn't so expensive to go over that amount.

Well my classes aren't terrible but they aren't easy either. I have..

Business Law 255
Communications 215: Arguement , Analysis, and Advocacy
Communications Systems 220 : Networking
Economics 104 : Macroeconomics
Management 202

Not exactally cake, but not near as hard as a bunch of hard math/science classes.

This semester I took 17.5.. that's the most I've had yet.. interestingly enough, this is also my best semester grade wise. Looks like I'll be getting a 4.0 :whistle2:D

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't know what Sociology class you took, but mine was hard as fuck.[/QUOTE]

Compared to hard math and science classes? No way.

[quote name='sgs89']Compared to hard math and science classes? No way.[/QUOTE]

Not compared to those, but I certainly wouldn't compare it to some throw away stuff like basket weaving or bowling ;)

My Sociology class was actually harder than my Abnormal Psychology class... the teacher went really in depth on things and expected us to be in depth as well.

i'm taking 23 this coming semester to try to catch up for taking some time off of school. the problem is that every single class i'm taking is a killer class...

my final exam schedule looks worse though. saturday 8-11, 12:30 - 3:30, 5-8; monday 8-11, 12:30 - 3:30; tuesday 8-11 (3 consecutive days)

yes, that's 3 consecutive 3 hour finals on the same day, hehe.

[quote name='vietgurl']i'm taking 23 this coming semester to try to catch up for taking some time off of school. the problem is that every single class i'm taking is a killer class...

my final exam schedule looks worse though. saturday 8-11, 12:30 - 3:30, 5-8; monday 8-11, 12:30 - 3:30; tuesday 8-11 (3 consecutive days)

yes, that's 3 consecutive 3 hour finals on the same day, hehe.[/QUOTE]

That is brutal! My hand (and brain) would be dead at the end of that gauntlet!

18 credits of upper level accounting and upper level information systems and working 20 hours a week for $7B rev chemical company in their finance department.

20-25 for four straight semesters. I wil never fucking do that again in my life. It's manageable, but when you have a life, work, etc. It's just brutal. Actually, it's mostly specific to this school because if I had to do it anywhere else I would not mind.

To hell with College I have no money and they want me to take a course for not passing computerized tests and am like four years older then everybody in my class. To hell with this crap when I can't even learn what I want to learn.
I feel like crap after seeing how everything is computers now and people is that dumb. All they think about in the college is money the greedy bastards. No pride for nothing.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']To hell with College I have no money and they want me to take a course for not passing computerized tests and am like four years older then everybody in my class. To hell with this crap when I can't even learn what I want to learn.
I feel like crap after seeing how everything is computers now and people is that dumb. All they think about in the college is money the greedy bastards. No pride for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is a bit tough to decipher.

You failed "computerized tests"? What in the devil is that?

Why are you 4 years older than everyone else in your class? Were you held back?

Why can't you learn what you want to learn? No one is forcing you to choose a specific major.

"Everything is computers now"? Yeah, the modern world is like that.

"People is that dumb"? What? I don't know where to begin.

Your are correct, though, that a lot of schools think mostly about the money. That is why you shouldn't attend "diploma mills."

23 a quarter and that was with 1 and 2 credit hour music courses so that was around 8 to 15 classes a quarter.

I took 20 credits one quarter and it wasn't that bad. I was smart about what I took though, I went for classes that were very easy or classes that I didn't have to show up very often to.

I took 12 Credits in evening classes at St. Joseph's University 2 years straight...The bitch was the working the 40+ hour weeks to boot!

I usually took at least 18 hours a semester (my most was 20). At first it was a bit challenging but I got used to it. Since I was taking so many classes since a Freshman my last semester as a senior I was able to take the bare minimum to maintain my scholarships, which translated to 4 classes, and only 1 I had to pass for graduation. My attendance for the other 3 was pretty hit-and-miss (especially the Pass/No Record course), but I did pass them all with B's.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']To hell with College I have no money and they want me to take a course for not passing computerized tests and I spell like a four year old then everybody in my class. To hell with this crap when I can't even learn what I want to learn.
I feel like crap after seeing how everything is computers now and people is that dumb. All they think about in the college is money the greedy bastards. No pride for nothing.[/quote]

Uhhh...I think there is another reason why you aren't going to go to college. And I went ahead and fixed your post.

I've taken 21 units in a semester before; 2 math classes, 2 science classes, and 1 college writing. It wasn't too bad, but I was only concentrating in school and nothing else.

Next semester I'm taking 13 units, which is all I need to graduate.

I'm taking three math classes and second semester of general chemistry for a total of 13 hours. Most I took was 14 but I'm trying to transfer schools and I am not going to take some shit that won't transfer over. Most I could take would be 18, after that I need special permission from the dean or some shit.

bread's done
Back