What's the most you ever spent/bid on an ebay auction?

alonzomourning23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
What's the most you ever spent on ebay? What's the most you ever bid? The most I ever actually spent was 300 for a turbo duo and a bunch of games, which was really cheap for what was in the lot. All I really wanted were 2 of the duo games that cost about 100 a piece, so I broke up the lot and sold the rest. Basically ended up with the 2 games for free, since I got about 300 for it.

The most I ever bid was $900, I got outbid at the last second. It was for a costume worn on the sci fi show LEXX, by Xev (the star of the show), it was the blue lizard skin outfit that was used throughout the fourth season. Lexx is the only sci fi show I've ever liked, and it's probably my favorite show. The guy who outbid me on that outbid me on 2 other xev costumes (300 and 400), and a shirt worn by the main villaine, Prince, during season three (200). He bought every single xev costume, as well as many other things, that was put out there by figdress (the person that the bulk of the lexx stuff was sold to from the production company), and repeatedly outbid me at the last second.

$30 I actually paid for.....$1,432 to hike up an auction since I was bored....luckily someone bid higher than me, I thought I was going to have to pay it.

$130 on a used Dreamcast. well worth the money spent, but i should've waited a little longer because new systems dropped to $100 not too long after that.

Hmmm... I did buy a thong worn by Sarah Michelle Gellars rom Buffy Season 5 Episode 16. Its a shiney metalic blue color with a little stain inside! Cost me $130, well worth it!

[quote name='gizmogc']Hmmm... I did buy a thong worn by Sarah Michelle Gellars rom Buffy Season 5 Episode 16. Its a shiney metalic blue color with a little stain inside! Cost me $130, well worth it![/QUOTE]

0.o

Mine was $30 for an XBL starter kit.

[quote name='gizmogc']Hmmm... I did buy a thong worn by Sarah Michelle Gellars rom Buffy Season 5 Episode 16. Its a shiney metalic blue color with a little stain inside! Cost me $130, well worth it![/QUOTE]

can you post a picture of it?!?

i spent like $60 shipped on a book for school a while back. the nice thing was after the class was over, i was able to sell it to the school book store for $75, so i ended up making $15.

I don't know if this really counts, but my BF's brother is a BIG fan of Vincent from FF7. So, right around last Christmas, there's an Ebay auction for a plush Vincent UFo catcher doll. I pooled with 5 other friends/members of his family to split the auction cost. We won at a little over $200 (I don't remember the excact amount). My BF also won a Yuffie at 50 or 60- his favorite 'pairing' is Vincent/Yuffie. At a con earlier that year, my BF lucked into meeting a couple cosplaying as Vincent and Yuffie, and got a nice kissy-face picture. They set up the plushies in a shadow box with the pic, and after a lot of setbacks (long story), we got a very entertaining video on Xmas morning. ^^

I thought some of the lexx stuff I was bidding on made me a bit of a pervert, but I didn't exactly bid on a thong. I didn't exactly win any of the lexx stuff I bid on either....... I wish I had xev's thong. For anyone wondering, here's xev (with prince):
season4xev4.jpg

Sounds like one obsessed fan got all her shit. Most I spent was 3.5-4 years ago I got a head unit for my car that just stopped working.

Just yesterday I spent the most ever on eBay - $53 for a 1996 Pearl Jam poster from the NY Randalls Island shows. I was there and I still have the tickets - best show I've even been to. I'm going to frame it along with the tickets - it will look sweet in my game room at home. This is the poster:

1996-09-28.jpg

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I spent $130 on a He-Man action figure, but it wasn't my money. It was a gift from my sister to her boyfriend.[/QUOTE]

Don't leave us hanging, which figure?

THe most I've ever bid was $800 on a notebook, I didn't really expect to win though, more out of boredom. Highest closing auction was $150 for Office Mac V.X Professional.

most i bid was 50 bones on a ranma statue and didn't win. highest victoly bid was $20 for the Kingdom Hearts cover poster.

[quote name='ElfAngel7']most i bid was 50 bones on a ranma statue and didn't win. highest victoly bid was $20 for the Kingdom Hearts cover poster.[/QUOTE]

I have 50 of those, lol

Around $75 for me. My uncle has spent big $$$ on construction equipment. Anything over $100 and I get too sketched out.

I don't really care. It's all about the ass to me. I take that back... they have to have some shape to them. Can't be going flat chested unless there is a jlo ass to go with it.

[quote name='markholladay']$200 for an MP3 player. Which did not work like I thought it would. Sold it two days later for the same price.[/QUOTE]

where did you sell it for the same price you got it for?

[quote name='2poor']where did you sell it for the same price you got it for?[/QUOTE]

yup. put it right back on ebay. It worked, it was just cheaply made, and kinda confusing menus and all

digital camera like 4 years ago....$200

most of my big transactions were around 100-200....like gamecube w/ games, xbox, ps2, etc

I think I bid $400-500 for a lot of Xbox/PS2 games (can't remember the exact amount)

Somebody put up a lot that was 20 copies of Halo brand new 20 copies of some PS2 game and 10 copies of 3 or 4 other games (all sealed) Madden 2005 was one of them.

I was sitting next to my gf and commented that if you had the energy to sell them all unit by unit it was over $1000 in eBay value (I don't remember the games exactly, but I do think I remember the approx. value) and the current bid was less than $400 with a few minutes left. She said something like "That's all talk, you wouldn't have the balls to bid that much money!" So of course I had to bid. I was the winning bidder with like 1 minute left, but it had a lot of last second action and ended at over $700.

As far as the most for an auction I've actually won, probably $15 (shipped) for Brute Force and Castle Wolfenstein (both Xbox).

$70 on a Nascar M&M Throwback Jacket. Yeah! I'm a sucker for Nascar Jacket. I have like 10 of them. 9 from ebay except one that I cough up $200 at universal studio.

$400 on a PIII DELL Notebook, but got outbid. Thank GOD! I didn't won that auction. My dad bought me a $1,700 Notebook for college.

Several damaged/ or totaled bikes that ranged from $400 - $1500

and my all time best deal ever:

$2,000 - a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja (250cc) w/ 148 miles and helmet

bread's done
Back