What's the story on DS Lite screen quality?

Mike 01Hawk

CAGiversary!
Since my DS Lite is now a paper weight... read the Cat Pee'd thread :(

Is it only the crimson DS Lites that have the inferior screen?

I'm guessing I'd like to get a pink one for the wife... sigh... lol... but will only get it if the screen quality is as good as the first run ones.

:help:

um no. It used a different screen that has a yellow tint, but it is barely noticeable even next to the older DS Lite.

[quote name='Mike 01Hawk']Yeah, I heard the crimson verions had inferior backlighting / screen angles.[/quote]

I had heard that rumor as well, was wondering the same in regards to the Zelda LE DS Lite.

Yes the screen is different on only the Crimson and Black 2 toned DS lite. The original white, black, pink and the new Nintendogs and Link special edition DS lites have the brighter screens on them. In all honesty I think the screen on my Zelda DS is actually brighter then the one on my fiancees Pink DS lite.

[quote name='FreshTekRadio']Yes the screen is different on only the Crimson and Black 2 toned DS lite. The original white, black, pink and the new Nintendogs and Link special edition DS lites have the brighter screens on them. In all honesty I think the screen on my Zelda DS is actually brighter then the one on my fiancees Pink DS lite.[/quote]

Thats a big relief for me lol. I was thinking i mite open up my Zelda DS bundle to find a yellow tinted screen. Ill probly flip out if it does happen.

[quote name='Metalic']Thats a big relief for me lol. I was thinking i mite open up my Zelda DS bundle to find a yellow tinted screen. Ill probly flip out if it does happen.[/quote]

I thought the yellow tint was only on the regular onyx ds lites? I have both and onyx and crimson and they both look pretty much the same, maybe I should check again later.

I have a crimson/black DS and previously had a white DS. The screen does have a yellow cast to it (the bottom/touch screen). However, it's possible that this is due to a coating that makes the screen more scratch resistent. That's one theory going around, anyway. So far my new DS doesn't have a single scratch on the touch screen and I play Elite Beat Agents and such quite a bit. My old DS got some scratches fairly early on. Certainly not proof, but I'm willing to go with it. :) You really only notice the yellow cast when the screen is filled with a lot of white, such as at power up and some title screens. Also you can see a difference if the top screen is showing something similar to the bottom screen - you'll see that the touchscreen colors look different in comparison, though not really worse. You could even say "richer".

At first, I'll say, I was pretty unhappy with the yellow cast, but after a while I decided it really wasn't that big of a deal.

[quote name='machoman_93']I thought the yellow tint was only on the regular onyx ds lites? I have both and onyx and crimson and they both look pretty much the same, maybe I should check again later.[/quote]

Crimson DS's were a 50/50 with the yellow tinting. I know alot of people who got yellow tint with them and had to return it. I was thinking maybe the newer produced DS's are more prone so i am worried. Also the viewing angle on some crimsons were alot worse than the other DS's

bread's done
Back