What's this cable? (oXbox)

evilmrhenry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
One end connects to an oXbox controller port, but the other end is unknown. It is the same size as a keyboard/mouse port, but the pins are different. I'm guessing a steering wheel or something, but I can't find any useful pictures.

xboxcable.jpg

[quote name='MajorSmeg']It's the controller break-away dongle for an original xbox gamepad.[/QUOTE]

The left-hand portion is a breakaway cable, but the right-hand part goes from a breakaway cable to the weird port. I do know what a breakaway cord looks like.

[quote name='evilmrhenry']The left-hand portion is a breakaway cable, but the right-hand part goes from a breakaway cable to the weird port. I do know what a breakaway cord looks like.[/QUOTE]

The left portion goes to the Xbox controller port. The right portion goes to the Xbox controller cord.

[quote name='Trakan']The left portion goes to the Xbox controller port. The right portion goes to the Xbox controller cord.[/QUOTE]
xbox1.jpg

This is a breakaway cable. Note how the connector is completely and utterly different.

Does anybody know how that Phantasy Star Online keyboard adapter worked? I'm thinking that maybe that's part of the adapter, and that there's another piece that the keyboard plugs into. Then with those two pieces combined, the breakaway area is formed. So instead of the keyboard breaking away, the mystery piece breaks away.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Does anybody know how that Phantasy Star Online keyboard adapter worked? I'm thinking that maybe that's part of the adapter, and that there's another piece that the keyboard plugs into. Then with those two pieces combined, the breakaway area is formed. So instead of the keyboard breaking away, the mystery piece breaks away.[/QUOTE]
The PSO keyboard adapter I have is just a USB port that plugs into the memory card slot of the Xbox controller. Part #X09-03152.

bread's done
Back