What's up with Amazon Gold Box Quick Picks?

Shady3011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (98%)
Seriously. I'm getting a bunch of poo poo I don't want. It doesn't even have games I don't want anymore. Just a bunch of random computer software and lame music. Is Amazon doing another one of those Earth week things where they only quick pick certain items? If so, make it end!

I read once upon a time if you clear your "owned" list and tailor it to what you want you will get better quick picks. Unfortunatley I have maybe 300+ purchases on amazon and it seems like way too much effort to save around a dollar more to go through the effort of clearing my entire purchase history.

I'm quite lazy at times.

I've done the whole tweak the recommendation list to show stuff I want. However, my quick picks aren't even remotely close to anything I want.

Mostly it's stuff from your recommendations, but once in a while they'll throw in something from left field.

My problem is I've bought probably thousands of things from Amazon over the last decade. I can get good stuff to show up in the recommendations, but the list is so long that it takes forever for any particular thing to be quick picked.

Yeah...I'm disappointed at the Gold Box deals too. It used to be I found some good deals there but not anymore. I guess its good because I should be saving money..

Glad to know this isn't an isolated case. I'll look around the interwebs and see if I can dig up any further info on this. I'll post it here if I do.

[quote name='rainking187']Maybe it's just me, but I keep getting stuff I've already bought from Amazon in my quick picks. Seems ridiculous to me.[/quote]Price adjust to get the discount! :)

I always get good stuff in my gold box but that is because I spent the time to go through and fix my recommendations. If you go in and pick what items you want to use to base your recommendations on, you will get similar items in your gold box. I took me 3 days because I had like 1500 items owned.

[quote name='djbooba']I always get good stuff in my gold box but that is because I spent the time to go through and fix my recommendations. If you go in and pick what items you want to use to base your recommendations on, you will get similar items in your gold box. I took me 3 days because I had like 1500 items owned.[/quote]

Thanks for implying that the rest of us don't take the time and effort to do the same damn thing you did. Really, it makes going through a week's worth of effort for nothing so much better.

Now, if your comments could magically make my Gold Box not give me crap like Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing or Shrek the Third when I'm looking for a Play and Charge kit, I'd be in business.

[quote name='lobitoh']does anyone know how to trick golden box to add Amazon's fallout 3 collectors?[/quote]
Try adding Fallout 1 and 2 to your owned items.

bread's done
Back