Whats with all the PS3's online being EXPENISVE or OOS???

2sday

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So after years of waiting, I'm finally about to break down and buy a PS3. But I look on Amazon, and its $370. Best Buy is sold out. Walmart only has shitty bundles.

Whats going on here? I know this normally happens before a new model/version comes out. But there isn't any new PS3s coming out soon, is there? Like, huh? :drool:

I guess my point was: Is there a reason for there not being PS3s online? I know I can find one, but there has to be a reason for this. If there is a new model coming out in the coming weeks, I will wait.

$370 is from a third party seller. If you click "31 new from $299.99", you'll see Amazon is selling it for $299, but it ships out in 2 to 4 weeks.

It's extremely popular at this price point, they're hard to keep in stock.

Another new model is pretty unlikely, it's only been a year. Unless you're referring to a bigger HDD but that's not a big deal at this point.

[quote name='Scorch']It's extremely popular at this price point, they're hard to keep in stock.[/QUOTE]

or how bout there arent any in stock to begin with......

I know in my city all gamestops, sears, kmarts, toys r us, best buys, targets, and walmarts have been selling out PS3's for weeks. I got lucky and went in to a toys r us one day and it was the day they got a new shipment. Online was the same thing too, all sold out. Just gotta get lucky or call in everyday seeing if a store got a shipment.

My brother had the same problem a couple weeks back when he picked one up. Nothing around his house had them not even this mom and pop shop that usually had at least 5 on hand before then. Is there something happening to the PS3 that we don't know about?

[quote name='seanr1221']No, they're hard to keep in stock.[/QUOTE]

Of course it is when you are only getting 1 or 2 a week....aka low/no stock

[quote name='seanr1221']:lol: and tell me which stores are only getting 1 a week.

I've seen stores do restocks and they'll have 10+ easily.[/QUOTE]

Yeah..Amazon is limiting PS3s to one per household for no reason... :roll:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/12/sony-ps3-supply-to-be-tight-over-coming-months/

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/05/20/gamestop-officially-reports-ps3-shortage-for-q1-2010/

The fanboy twist gets old quickly. Just tell the truth. OP, you can't find a PS3 and they cost more than usual because there is a shortage.

[quote name='Malik112099']Yeah..Amazon is limiting PS3s to one per household for no reason... :roll:
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I don't even know how to respond if that's your explanation of stores only getting in one system per shipment. I've seen you say some off the wall things before, but dear god :rofl:

PS3s are in HIGH demand and with limited supply. Im guessing sony isnt shipping as much out to create a stock pile for this holiday season. Ive been on the hunt for a slim PS3 and ive been calling EVERY DAY to:

Costco
Sams Club
Walmart
Best Buy
Gamestop
Target

And its been sold out everywhere everyday. I did my usuall calls yesterday and best buy had 3 250 gigs in stock. I asked them to hold them for me, but they said they couldn't. I drove there as quick as possible (10 min away) and literally bought the last of the 3 systems that they put out on the counter just minutes before. The guy who bought #2 bought the system + god of war 3. The sales guy said they sell out of systems within minutes, its so crazy.

p.s. - There were MOUNTAINS of xbox 360s everywhere. Couldn't walk 5 feet without tripping over one. Plenty of stock on those.

Clearly getting 1 wouldnt be the norm, even if it had happened somewhere at some point. On the other hand, since they failed to outsell the 360 any month in 2010, I think the claim of high sales and popularity are a little overstated.

Well ps3 sources were depleted during the big price drop and christmas and have been low since now that everyone has been buying them.

Plus with the ps3 getting so many highly rated and high quality games recently has only driven sales more. Heavy rain, god of war 3, uncharted 2, 3d dot heroes (to a lesser extent), mag, yakuza 3. And the hype of upcoming exclusives like dc universe online, little big planet 2, mod nation racers, final fantasy xiv, free realms, final fantasy xiii versus, last guardian, gran turismo 5, socom 4, mlb the show 2010 and so on has made it something to be desired for the future also. Im sure playstation move has caught some interest as well.

Then HD stuff is steaming ahead to so people are buying more bluray movies, fact sony said 3d update for ps3 will be free so sure that caught some folks interests.

Then you have the fact its still free to play games online on ps3, which I think people are starting to get tired of having to pay on xbox just to play a game online when pc and ps3 users have been enjoying that free for along time now. Even like the DLC for left 4 dead pc users got free the 360 users had to pay to download.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Clearly getting 1 wouldnt be the norm, even if it had happened somewhere at some point. On the other hand, since they failed to outsell the 360 any month in 2010, I think the claim of high sales and popularity are a little overstated.[/QUOTE]

Well 360 has padded sales really. Considering the failure rate is still very high for the system even now they get a big portion of sales from people who have to rebuy the system as well as first timers buying one. Id bet in the past 2 years atleast half of their annual sales are people who are rebuying the system because theirs is out of warranty and took a shit.

Luckily mine has only dorked up one time and somehow came back from the dead on its own and been ok since then. My best friend hasnt been so lucky, he has rebought his twice because it would die outside of the warranty. He paid to have it fixed once but he got back one with a different serial number and it died 2 months later, ended up buying another after that. He hated to rebuy the thing twice but he had so much money invested in the games for it it couldnt be helped.

[quote name='gargus']Well 360 has padded sales really. Id bet in the past 2 years atleast half of their annual sales are people who are rebuying the system because theirs is out of warranty and took a shit.[/QUOTE]

You are out of your fucking mind.

Definitely. The number is probably less than 10%. Also, my PS3 has fucked up and had to be repaired twice- the same number of times my 360 has. I've owned my 360 for 3 and 1/2 years. I've owned my PS3 for exactly 6 months as of today.

[quote name='Matt Young']Definitely. The number is probably less than 10%. Also, my PS3 has fucked up and had to be repaired twice- the same number of times my 360 has. I've owned my 360 for 3 and 1/2 years. I've owned my PS3 for exactly 6 months as of today.[/QUOTE]

Sucks for you, but other then myself, i dont know anyone who has had a broken ps3 in real life. And i know ~20+ people with ps3s from launch 60 gigs to slims. I know it happens, it happened to me, but its no where near what the 360 failure rate is. For the 360, its when its going to die, not if.

[quote name='blitz6speed']And i know ~20+ people with ps3s from launch 60 gigs to slims. [/QUOTE]

If I got me and 5 of my friends together we still couldn't come up with 20 people we personally know with PS3's. Or are you talking about online/random people you have come across?

I saw some at a Walmart I was passing by on a roadtrip, hopefully this a sign that there will be more consoles soon. I'd like to see another bundle that's not a sports game.

It was the most I had seen, maybe 5 consoles sitting in the glass case. My local stores like Walmart, Target, and Kmart would have maybe 1 or 2 at most in the case.

bread's done
Back