What's YOUR Black Friday 2011 Shopping List?

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!
This doesn't have to be restricted by store, or even just games if you want. I just thought it would be cool to start a thread about this and possibly discuss buying strategy's/plan's for what you will wait till Black Friday to HOPEFULLY get a good deal.

So, what are you planning on waiting till Black Friday to buy this year?

Games:

Deus Ex Human Revolution
I tried this game a few weeks ago for an hour. I didn't get into it, but my friends told me if I can get past the first couple of hours it gets great. I'll wait and hope for it to be $30 by BF

Saints Row The Third
Honestly I don't expect a great deal on this, especially since it's released 11/15, but I don't plan to buy this at launch. This feels like a $20 game to me cause the other 2 did.

Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
Another less likely good deal due to release date, but the pre order bonus's don't tempt me and I'm not into fantasy games anyway, I'm only interested because of my Fallout 3 fix and new vegas didn't do it for me.

Rage I'm hopeful this will be at least $40 by BF. The pre-order bonus's again don't catch me on this either. Plus, something makes me question this game.

X-Men Destiny
This game has potential if it's done right, but I doubt it is. So this barely made my list. Plus, a marvel game is a pretty fair bet for a sale on BF

Spider-man Edge of Time
Same as above.

I can't think of anything else atm. So, what's your plan?

Good cheap tv..

Can get a 40 inch for 398 so hopefully a lot cheaper

and hopefully PERSONA 2 psp for 20 or less

with my backlog i need nothing else

Well if i could find a top of the line PC for less then 400 (complete with monitor and printer)

i really dont need a new pc but if i could get it for 400 or less i buy one

My pre-black Friday shopping list is big including a 32 inch panasonic TV and the modern warfare Xbox 360. I figure I will have to get these 2 before black friday as there is no way that MW3 console is gonna last till then, the GOW console is gone from most stores here and from what I see MW is even more popular than GOW. I have a very specific Panasonic TV in mind and I am not willing to deviate on my choice. I am not willing to take just any TV, I want quality. Since I will be hooking up the Xbox to the newly purchased TV it makes sense for me to purchase the TV first, get it set up then bring in the Xbox. I also have to assemble a stand so I have something to put the TV on. Theoretically I could pull it all off on the same day but that is a little much!

Its going to be amazon for me all the way though as I am not waiting in line in the stores and I am not satisfied with any of the stores return policies on TV's that are around me and that have my model in stock. They charge a 15% restocking fee if the box is opened on any electronics item. I do not have Costco and Sam's doesn't have the model of TV I want and plus they don't take Visa and I will be paying with a prepaid Visa card. Amazon also has a cheaper price than most stores on my model of choice, free 30 day returns, I can trust them to take back the TV if something is broken and be able to exchange it with another and they deliver right to my door, whats not to love!

Other than that I want the usual barrage of console games coming from Amazon's lightning deals and pricematches. I will obviously be on the lookout for 360 titles even though I already have a whole stack. I certainly will not be lacking titles to play!

I am also looking for a digital camera, but it has to be pretty cheap for me to even consider the purchase, considering I am gonna blow a ton on a new TV, stand and Xbox.

Looking to upgrade my 32 inch vizio to at least a 42 inch and I would like to get it with 3d on the cheap. We will see what happens.

I've gone overboard during past Black Fridays, so I'm going to try and control myself this year. So far, the only thing I'm looking for on the cheap is Dead Space 2. I might pick up 1 or 2 other things, though.

Lots of games mostly, I got that online glitch $400 52 inch LCD tv from best buy a couple months so I'm good on tvs for a while.

I got a feeling we will see a lot of $35 games that are released in October/November.
Look at need for speed hot pursuit last year and left 4 dead 2 a couple years ago.

Then I'll just stock up on blu rays and other movies.

Actually this would be good to ask now, which games you guys expect to see in the $35 area?

My guesses:

Deus Ex Human Revolution
Dead Island (PFF, this should be in the $20 bin TOPS)
Rage (quite possible, its releasing hella early)
Gears 3 (it's possible. they'll want to get any extra sales they can prior to year end)
Resistance 3

Those are my guesses atm anyway. Assassin's Creed titles have historically been $50 at best because it releases so close to BF, but ubisoft is also notorious for massive price drops within the first 2 months of release. I'm getting mine at like $30, so I got no problems getting it this time

[quote name='Lt Dan']Actually this would be good to ask now, which games you guys expect to see in the $35 area?

My guesses:

Deus Ex Human Revolution
Gears 3 (it's possible. they'll want to get any extra sales they can prior to year end)
Resistance 3

Those are my guesses atm anyway. Assassin's Creed titles have historically been $50 at best because it releases so close to BF, but ubisoft is also notorious for massive price drops within the first 2 months of release. I'm getting mine at like $30, so I got no problems getting it this time[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure K-mart sold Deus Ex for $35 last week already.

Space Marine PC $20 or less
Bastion PC $5
Limbo PC $5
Journey PSN $10 or less
Sonic CD PSN $10 or less

Everything else I'm buying day one heh.

[quote name='Lt Dan']Actually this would be good to ask now, which games you guys expect to see in the $35 area?

My guesses:

Deus Ex Human Revolution
Resistance 3

Those are my guesses atm anyway. Assassin's Creed titles have historically been $50 at best because it releases so close to BF, but ubisoft is also notorious for massive price drops within the first 2 months of release. I'm getting mine at like $30, so I got no problems getting it this time[/QUOTE]
Why would Dead Island drop to 20? It was so popular on release that most places went oos and have it backordered :/

[quote name='theking20']Lots of games mostly, I got that online glitch $400 52 inch LCD tv from best buy a couple months so I'm good on tvs for a while.[/QUOTE]Wow nice. Wish I hadnt missed that.

For Black Friday I'm looking for a good deal on a good tv.
Other than that any Blu Rays I can find and that's about it. The games I want I'm already getting day one so wont need much on BF.

I'm still excited just to see the deals and such though. For games I think we'll see everything that releases before November for $30-$35, and anything that releases in November for about $40.

For computers I think there will also be some very good $400 and under deals on notebooks.

Just some things I can think of. I doubt I'll be getting all of this stuff but I'll be on the lookout.

-PC hardware. New video card, and maybe more RAM (3gb currently.) I could also do with a better keyboard. NewEgg to the rescue.

-PC / Steam games: Battlefield 3, Rage, Skyrim, Witcher 2, Hard Reset, EYE: Divine Cybermancy, Torchlight 2 if it's out...maybe StarCraft 2...and any other good deals that pop up.

-PS3 games: Resistance 3, Disgaea 4, God of War Origins, White Knight 2, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Uncharted 3...hoping for some B1/B2G1 sales to thin the herd before BF.

-Dualshock 3 and maybe a Move if there's a good deal. Probably won't be anything as good as Gamestop's recent half-off deal but at the time I just didn't have the scratch. I'm trying to be responsible dangit. :bomb:

-Dare I say it? 3DS. Its shortcomings are well-known at this point but after the price cut, a BF-caliber deal could be hard to ignore.

Basically any game thats coming out from Sept-Black Friday that I'm not picking up day 1 if I feel the price is right. God damn impulse buys...

A new graphics card. That's about the only thing I'm specifically looking to buy come Black Friday. I'll probably end up buying a game or two if the price is right and it's a game I've been wanting.

Hoping for deals on:

Dragon Quest
Kirby Mass Attack
Skyward Sword
Fortune Street

A deal on Nintendo Selects would also be nice.

I will be looking to pick up random other good games, not sure what else I want for the 360, I have a huge stack already.

[quote name='SaraAB']Hoping for deals on:

Dragon Quest
Kirby Mass Attack
Skyward Sword
Fortune Street

A deal on Nintendo Selects would also be nice.

I will be looking to pick up random other good games, not sure what else I want for the 360, I have a huge stack already.[/QUOTE]

Skyward Swords comes out the week of Black Friday, zero chance of getting a deal on that. The Nintendo Selects titles have already been on sale for $14.99, highly doubt those will get any cheaper either.

The Things that i want on a 300 dollar budget include

1. 3 to 12 months of XBL
2 Dead Island likely 30 bucks
3 Dragon Age the complete package(all 8 DLCs) for around 35 dollars
4 Warhammer 40k for $20 to $50 because i like the franchise
5 A cheap 30 dollar headset for Xbox
6Crackdown 2 if under 10 dollars.
7 Rest spend on family on friends

Definitely hoping to expand my blu-ray collection.

Other than that, I'll probably impulse buy a bunch of games depending on what Amazon has for lightning deals.

As selfish as it might be to say this...I want Black Friday to suck...hard.

I've had a number of expenses crop up in the last couple weeks. Plus, I am going on a guys trip to Vegas the weekend before Black Friday. And then, I already want to pick up: KoF XIII, Zelda, Uncharted 3 and Batman.

Thus, my wallet needs to be safely tucked away during Black Friday, and not further subjected to torture. I hope the deals are awful! :p

whatever Amazon wants to sell me at a price I can't refuse.

Blu-rays cheaper than cheap DVDs

Tony Hawk Shred for $1. Done. Bought it just now through Amazon's Lightning Deal for $9.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kerig']whatever Amazon wants to sell me at a price I can't refuse.

Blu-rays cheaper than cheap DVDs

Tony Hawk Shred for $1.[/QUOTE]

LOL that is why I made the post about a VCR and cordless phone. How can you make a list when you have no idea what will be on sale, right?

So I have on my list 7 million dollars for a penny. Can't wait to cross that one off. ;)

Shop? I don't shop, I work- it's actually one of my favorite days to work. We aren't a big enough store to garner a lot of BF traffic, so no one gets overwhelmed, and we end up with lots of compliments about how pleasant everyone is compared to Wal Mart and such (I feel for them, I do.) This year though, my new schedule means I'll likely be closing. Which may or may not be as pleasant.

My new schedule also means I get Mondays off. Cyber Monday sales, here I come! :lol:

A decent 37" HDTV for around $300 or $350. Other than that, nothing specific. Some cheap DVD's and blu-rays and maybe Dead Island if it's $30 or less.

Games

Saints Row The Third
Rage
Batman Arkham City
A decent deal on a 16gb ipod touch or other mp3 player
Something along the lines of a 22" monitor

Well, I can only shop at Game Stop (I have credit, not cash to spend) so...

If Rage gets mediocre reviews I'm cancelling my pre-order and waiting till black friday. If it gets great reviews...I'm still debating this. Now the rest of what I want all depends on how much credit I can make before then, but, I really want a PS3, so here's hoping good deal on a PS3 and a PS3 headset, and a B2G1 would be great so I can pick up the older games that aren't likely to be on sale.

Also, Kinect now has enough titles for me to justify a purchase, but not for the full $150, so I'm hoping sub-$100. Maybe they can sell ones from before they put in the Child of Eden code, sell that for even less. (Because really, I want Child of Eden, but as a disk game, not a code, so I feel like the code that comes with Kinect is useless to me.)

Also, Spider-Man Edge of Time, and X-Men Destiny if it gets good reviews.

[quote name='killswitch69']The Things that i want on a 300 dollar budget include

1. 3 to 12 months of XBL
2 Dead Island likely 30 bucks
3 Dragon Age the complete package(all 8 DLCs) for around 35 dollars
4 Warhammer 40k for $20 to $50 because i like the franchise
5 A cheap 30 dollar headset for Xbox
6Crackdown 2 if under 10 dollars.
7 Rest spend on family on friends[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition has been 29.99 for a while now. I think it's been as low as $16 during some of the EA Origin sales not sure though.

Killzone 3 - $9.99
Sly Collection - $14.99
Uncharted 2 GOTY - $9.99
God of War Origins - $19.99
NBA 2K12 - $29.99 (was this last BF)
LBP2 - $14.99
Resistance 3 - $29.99
Heavy Rain - $9.99
Demon Souls - $7.99

Cheap $5 Blu-rays again

I'm a new PS3 owner BTW. Have been holding out on a lot of these and will jump on any of these at the above prices...

You guys think my list is realistic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox/PSN/Wii points, knock at least $5 off either
Demon Souls
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Punch Out
Dragon Quest VI
Bit.Trip.Complete (if I don't cave beforehand)
Res. Evil Darkside Chronicles
Cheap blus like most
Some form of audio setup
Christmas shananigans and all that

Dragon Age ultimate edition is 27.99 at Amazon, or should be close to that. Make sure you buy a new one because I think there is some code in these for Mass effect 2, that is if you plan on playing that game. If you buy a used one you probably won't get the code.

Back to the Future, Star Wars, and/or Lord of the Rings Blu-Rays, and maybe a few games (Skyward Sword most of all.)

And of course the usual thing that the mall has going on (buy one $100 gift card, get one free.)

[quote name='ROB64']And of course the usual thing that the mall has going on (buy one $100 gift card, get one free.[/QUOTE]

wait

WHAT

what is this and where?

:br:/:ps3:
Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy and True Blood
Lord of the Rings Extended Edition
:360:
NHL 12
Rage
:wii:
A dust rag for it.

bread's done