What's your "Game of the Year?"

2Fast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
:360: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - This game is, in a word, huge. There are endless things to do, fun side-quests, and countless areas to explore. After playing over 125 hours, I still feel as though I've only done 1/4 of what's available. The main quest was ho-hum, but still decent enough to warrant a play-through. Overall the game's graphics/detail/presentation are second to none (although they are admittedly hurt by some fairly annoying framerate problems), aided by some great voice acting. Oblivion is just a fantastic open-ended RPG that every 360 owner should have.

So, what's your game of the year?

(keep in mind that it must be a game that was released in 2006)

Cant I just vote for Resident Evil 4 again? Its honestly 10x better then anything else iv played ;)

In all seriousness probally Gears of War. I havnt played it yet but it looks amazing and 10x better then anything else iv played. Elite beat Agents is my personal fav.

FFXII gets my vote for biggest let down.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Cant I just vote for Resident Evil 4 again? Its honestly 10x better then anything else iv played ;)

In all seriousness probally Gears of War. I havnt played it yet but it looks amazing and 10x better then anything else iv played. Elite beat Agents is my personal fav.

FFXII gets my vote for biggest let down.[/quote]
Gears of War is pretty good, but I think a lot of people will agree that it's not game of the year material. I'm sure it has a great deal to do with how over-hyped the game was, which always leads to some disappointment.

[quote name='2Fast']Gears of War is pretty good, but I think a lot of people will agree that it's not game of the year material. I'm sure it has a great deal to do with how over-hyped the game was, which always leads to some disappointment.[/QUOTE]

To each his own. I wouldnt say Oblivion is a AAA game let alone game of the year material. The games "huge world" is largly empty. You can wander the country side not finding anything to fight for quite some time. The game was released with bugs and its also just borked in combat in general having far too many enemies do far to mcuh or little damage. The last 2 elder scroll games have done amazing as far as NPCs and interaction with them goes....but they have a long way to go in improving dungeons, monsters and items.

For me, uhhhh, Tetris DS. I think this is the only game I bought that came out in 2006. As you can probably tell, I have no money.

EDIT: Scratch that, I totally forgot about the $8.96 sale at CC when I bought Drill Dozer. I vote for that.

I would have to say that overall the best game that I actually played would have to be:

Saints Row 360 because it is fun to play single player and the multiplayer over Live.

Oblivion, hands down. I put 125 hours in to it and didn't finish....now that I have the 40" LCD and it looks tons better, maybe I'll finish it up.

TBW

Zelda is probably my choice.

Runner-up:
1. Okami
2. Gears of War
3. Bully
4. Guitar Hero II

I didn't care for Oblivion.

Okami. (But to be fair I have yet to play through FFXII and Twilight Princess; based on reviews, either one could usurp Okami as my game of the year.)

A late arrival - in fact, most likely the last game I will play in 2006 - Zelda by far. Best game I've played since Fire Emblem (which was in 2006, but released in 2005).

Twilight Princess without a doubt. It's vying for my favorite game ever, let alone game of the year.

Runner up / Portable game of the year, would be Drill Dozer, with NSMB coming a close 2nd. If you haven't played Drill Dozer yet, you're denying yourself one of the freshest takes on 2D platforming in years.

Probably Gears Of War at this point because I'm pretty sure it's the only game I've beaten this year. I still need to get Castlevania PoR and Zelda for GC.

Oblivion gets my vote as well. I haven't played an RPG-type game in years, and after I spent 130 hours+ on it I remember why I gave them up. They take too much damn time! It was a lot of fun though.

[quote name='paz9x']gow
it irks me how gow is the new halo, in the regard that its cool to bash.[/QUOTE]

Iv yet to see a single person say a single bad thing about it.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Iv yet to see a single person say a single bad thing about it.[/quote]
Are you kidding? I've heard plenty bad about it, mostly stemming from the online play.

Xenosaga 3

Runners up-

Kingdom hearts 2
Zelda TP
Disgaea 2
was tales of legendia this year?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Iv yet to see a single person say a single bad thing about it.[/QUOTE]
check the first page of this thread.

NCAA FOOTBALL 07 for XBOX 360 best graphics on a football game and great game to play for hours. ive played over 1000 games at 5 minute quarters

GRAW (360) for me but just like MSI said can't I just vote for RE4, GUN, or God of War again. Nothing genre changing like those came this year IMO. The Godfather only loses 1st place to me due to lack of online play. Bully was also an amazing game.

Guitar Hero II. I haven't played anything else released in the US this year.

Wait, I played Wii Sports and SMB:BB yesterday for a few minutes. Still, GH2. :lol:

[quote name='paz9x']check the first page of this thread.[/quote]

Wow yeah, I said some horrible things about it :roll:

It might help if you categorize your games of the year as different genres are difficult to compare to say the least. Someone that enjoy Zelda:TP or Oblibion is probalby not the same person to enjoy Gears Of War. And if said personj is an RPG fan they probably won't have time to enjoy anything else.

Game Of The Year ; Gears Of War / GRAW

There has to be something said for some good co-op online multiplayer goodness.

[quote name='mvick288']NCAA FOOTBALL 07 for XBOX 360 best graphics on a football game and great game to play for hours. ive played over 1000 games at 5 minute quarters[/quote]You've wasted roughly 20,000 minutes of your life.

I haven't played anywhere near all of the AAA titles released this year, but even so, I'd go with Oblivion or (and I know I'm in the extreme minority here) LocoRoco.

It's a tough decision, but I have to go with Final Fantasy XII. I hadn't enjoyed a FF title since IX and was close to giving up on the series (which has always been one of my favorites).

bread's done
Back