Whats your "Gaming Confession?"

I really enjoyed playing Enter the Matrix, beat the whole game twice, and still don't understand why everyone hates it.

[quote name='ViolentLee']A couple more after reading the latest batch:

- I didn't like the original NES Metroid.

- I have only played an average of an hour each of Prince/Persia 1, Beyond Good & Evil, Splinter Cell, Halo 1, and Ninja Gaiden.

- I have never played my copies of Splinter Cell 2, Riddick, Spider-Man 2, Fight Night, Full Spectrum Warrior, Fire Emblem, Ratchet & Clank 3, Mario Golf Advanced, MK: Deception, Pikmin 2, and a ton of other "Triple-A" games.

- I only played about 4 hours of Fable. I got married to some guy, then took him to a remote location and killed him. I felt very guilty, and haven't played since.[/quote]

Ditto on Gaiden and SC. I couldn't stop playing PoP, though, and I made myself finish BG&E. As for Halo 1, I doubt I'd have played too far into it on my own, but some of my friends actually wanted to play it, so I finished it.

I still haven't played most of the ones on your not played yet list, although I don't own R&C3 or MK:D. Of the ones you listed, I will probably play Riddick first since it is likely to be the shortest.

You have played more Fable than I. I found it really funny that a guy with the username ViolentLee felt guilty about killing someone in a videogame. :rofl:

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='ViolentLee']A couple more after reading the latest batch:

- I didn't like the original NES Metroid.

- I have only played an average of an hour each of Prince/Persia 1, Beyond Good & Evil, Splinter Cell, Halo 1, and Ninja Gaiden.

- I have never played my copies of Splinter Cell 2, Riddick, Spider-Man 2, Fight Night, Full Spectrum Warrior, Fire Emblem, Ratchet & Clank 3, Mario Golf Advanced, MK: Deception, Pikmin 2, and a ton of other "Triple-A" games.

- I only played about 4 hours of Fable. I got married to some guy, then took him to a remote location and killed him. I felt very guilty, and haven't played since.[/quote]

Ditto on Gaiden and SC. I couldn't stop playing PoP, though, and I made myself finish BG&E. As for Halo 1, I doubt I'd have played too far into it on my own, but some of my friends actually wanted to play it, so I finished it.

I still haven't played most of the ones on your not played yet list, although I don't own R&C3 or MK:D. Of the ones you listed, I will probably play Riddick first since it is likely to be the shortest.

You have played more Fable than I. I found it really funny that a guy with the username ViolentLee felt guilty about killing someone in a videogame. :rofl:[/quote]

ICO is another supposedly awesome game I didn't play much. I will definitely play more Prince of Persia: SoT, but probably not the others. Most that I mention never playing are on my "list", which means I aim to play them, take it for what it's worth.

I've tried to play shorter games to get through them, which is why I played Ratchet/Clank 2, though it was still about 13 hours. Sometimes I'll just take a few hours to play games I never played before. The other day I played Kirby Air Ride, NFL Street, and Test Drive Eve of Destruction. The only one I liked at all was Test Drive.

The irony of my name isn't lost on me. I got it from kicking people in the head in a wrestling ring, which for some reason is less traumatic than killing my gay, digital better half. Go figure...

[quote name='ViolentLee']ICO is another supposedly awesome game I didn't play much.[/quote]

:x You should really try to finish that one.

I know it. I just wasn't too into it, for some reason. I think it was the combat. How similar is it to Kingdom Hearts, another game I still have shrinkwrapped on my shelf?

[quote name='ViolentLee']I know it. I just wasn't too into it, for some reason. I think it was the combat. How similar is it to Kingdom Hearts, another game I still have shrinkwrapped on my shelf?[/quote]

Completely different, ICO is an adventure game while KH is an action-RPG.

-I have not yet to beat any of the Zelda games yet I own almost all of them
-The only Final Fantasy that I completed were 9 and 10, yet I still think 7 is the best but I am only halfway through
-I own both Vice City and GTA 3 and have yet to beat them (I beat San Andreas however)
-I have about 14 sealed games that I payed full price for and have yet to get around to play them

I own CD-R copies of 2 different Playstation games. :oops:

So people don't think I'm a complete bastard, they're Japanese games that I can't easily get real copies of: Gaorenja and Harikenjaa, the Japanese versions of "Power Rangers Wild Force" and "Power Rangers Ninja Storm", neither of which saw release in the States.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='ViolentLee']I know it. I just wasn't too into it, for some reason. I think it was the combat. How similar is it to Kingdom Hearts, another game I still have shrinkwrapped on my shelf?[/quote]

Completely different, ICO is an adventure game while KH is an action-RPG.[/quote]

I'm talking the combat. Seems the same -- lock onto shadow guys then whack 'em with some blunt object.

Here's my confession, I hated ICO. I thought it was completely lame. Picture Prince of Persia SoT, with a brain dead retarded sidekick you have to drag around and even worse combat. Hard to believe isn't it?

Ill add some more too.

Was actually PUMPED for the release of Superman 64, paid full price shortly after release day.
Never finished a FF game, played very few.

Im a huge "niche" gamer.
Harvest Moon is my favorite series of all time i think.

I hunted for months for a TV tuner for my gamegear (before ebay).

I love scamming walmart.

[quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='ViolentLee']I know it. I just wasn't too into it, for some reason. I think it was the combat. How similar is it to Kingdom Hearts, another game I still have shrinkwrapped on my shelf?[/quote]

Completely different, ICO is an adventure game while KH is an action-RPG.[/quote]

I'm talking the combat. Seems the same -- lock onto shadow guys then whack 'em with some blunt object.[/quote]

Well, in ICO, you're not really trying to defeat the enemies, though that's a good thing, you just want to get past them. KH is just like most action RPG's, where there's mostly enemies coming after you and you can generally defeat them all since you gain strength. There's not really much comparison, though you have somewhat the gist of it, but it's deeper than that in KH.

[quote name='Javil']In Monster Rancher, there is a shrine where you can pop out the Monster Rancher disc, load any other disc in (game or CD), and generate a random monster from it. My parents had a huge CD collection, and I remember spending at least three days generating monsters from hundreds of CDs. I had to catch 'em all! :p

I had a coupon for $5 off Resident Evil 0 at Target, so I felt obligated to buy it. I played it for less than half an hour, got killed by a zombie dog, and sold it later for about half of what I bought it for.

I, too, never beat Final Fantasy VII, but I did beat II & III.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I have jacked off to video games before, many years ago, but I have.

During a boss battle in Gradius 3, I once became so annoyed that I threw my controller down and started crying.[/quote]
And Cmosfm is now my favorite CAG. :applause:[/quote]

HOLY CRAP!! I DID THE SAME THING!! for monster rancher..i remember it took like the whole damn day..i got like every single monster, except for doodle or sumthing, i even got the ultra rare ghost monster

I just remembered something. I hate myself everytime I think about this.

My sister's ex-boyfriend used to be a nerd. He had a shit-load of old school game, played Magic, and D&D. One day he brought me a big box of assorted game stuff. There were three Nintendo's, one SNES, about a dozen NES games, maybe six SNES games, something like 5 controllers for both systems (including the wireless thingy for NES), and a lot of booklets and stuff for games that weren't in there. BTW, there was also a complete copy of Chrono Trigger. Well, a day or two after I sorted out everything, I went to my local independant game store and traded in everything NES, the games and systems. I think I got like $120 in credit, but I really wish I kept one of the NES's. But, I did buy a NGPC for $60 of credit--that, I'm proud of.

I fought to be the reviewer for DOA XBV for one of the media outlets I work for.

I've been a video game journalist for 5 years and I have yet to put in more than 5 minutes into a Zelda game

I'm currently on pace to max out my levels in Xenosaga.

I played Maximum Chase as one of the only 25 games I completed in 2004

when I was younger, I used to tell people to drop down the hole in Mario Bros. on NES for a secret world. They would die and I would get my turn. I also did it last week

- I used to collect the Sonic the Hedgehog comics. I was a Sonic fanatic. I had every issue, including "issue #0," and "issue #1/2." I think there were two more fraction issues too. This was when I was in junior high, and a lot of people made fun of me for it.

- I own more game soundtracks than regular CDs (though it's pretty close).

I've got a couple more...

I can't get the (almost) infinate lives using the trick in level 2 of Super Mario Bros. 3. I had to have my wife do it for me last time.

I used to rag on the XBox and now I really want to have one.

I think "breast physics" in games is lame.

I haven't played about 40 of the last 50 games I've bought.

When I first got my genesis, I decided to get rid of my nes by giving it to my cousin... :cry:

Now he doesn't know where it is, and I miss playing those classic games.

I hate all of the GTA games.

I despise EA.

And perhaps my worst...I traded my PS2 for an XBox, which I then traded for a Gamecube, which I then traded for another XBox, which I then traded for a Gamecube.

Oh, and I like Halo 2. :(

[quote name='ajh2298']I have over 60 unopened PS1 games, over 100 unopened Xbox, over 35 PS2 games, and about 15 unopened Gamecube games.[/quote]

PM me your street address and the hours that you work.

[quote name='scsg75']I paid full price ($39.99) for Britneys Dance Beat on the PS2 the day it was released and then played it non stop for a week or so.[/quote]

I loved this game, yet I never had the nerve to buy it in store. I just played it in store for like 2 hours. I have been thinking about buying it recently on ebay. :oops:

I also support EA........... Just kidding :)
Burn EA :twisted: Burn :evil:

I kept all my original NES and Super NES boxes (including cardbaord inserts, warranty cards, etc) for like 10 years. Then I threw them all away to save space when I moved a few years ago. Now I find this site and find out they like triple the value of my games :(

I also never finished Metroid for the NES, or Castlevania 1 or Castlevania 3, even though they're among my favortite games.

I waited in line until midnight for the PS2 launch at Wal-Mart. After I got home, I set my alarm for 5:00 am, got up, and went to BB and CC and ended up getting two more. When I got the last one, at CC, my credit card was denied (the anti-fraud thing kicked in b/c I had purchased over $600 in just a few hours, so I used my corporate credit card instead). I was forced to buy FantaVision with the CC deal.

I promptly put the other two PS2s on ebay and made about $500 which covered my PS2, memory card, and game (SSX) plus a little extra.

I punched two holes in my parent's walls over videogames and broke countless controllers. I'm a lot more mellow now ;)

I got rid of my SNES, which I had for years, when I was a kid for a Genesis for Christmas, which I got rid of 6 months later because my parents bought me a PS1.

I have more games for my SNES, which I just got in October, than I do for my Gamecube, which I got after Chrismas 2003.

I don't hate EA for what they've done, since I'd like to see what they do with Madden 2006.

I played and enjoyed E.T. for the Atari 2600. Not just played for five minutes - I've finished the game several dozen times.

[quote name='ZForce915']I can't beat the following games:

Adventure of Link
Super Mario Bros. 2[/quote]

Me neither.

My favorite NES game is "Where's Waldo?"

[quote name='Jaxcomet']I once owned a Commodore Amiga..............[/quote]

There is no shame in that. My family had 3 (I couldn't tell you which models if I tried).

[quote name='bluedotlounge']I fought to be the reviewer for DOA XBV for one of the media outlets I work for.

I've been a video game journalist for 5 years and I have yet to put in more than 5 minutes into a Zelda game

I'm currently on pace to max out my levels in Xenosaga.

I played Maximum Chase as one of the only 25 games I completed in 2004[/quote]

I fought to review DOA: XVB for my outlet, too. Didn't get it, though. I thought it was a pretty fun game -- not sure why people are ashamed of it on CAG. I put in quite a few hours with it -- at least enough to get the most expensive, butt-floss costume.

[quote name='y2jrevolution'][quote name='scsg75']I paid full price ($39.99) for Britneys Dance Beat on the PS2 the day it was released and then played it non stop for a week or so.[/quote]

I loved this game, yet I never had the nerve to buy it in store. I just played it in store for like 2 hours. I have been thinking about buying it recently on ebay. :oops:

I also support EA........... Just kidding :)
Burn EA :twisted: Burn :evil:[/quote]

I liked Britney. I gave it the 4th highest score according to Metacritic.com. I'm a sucker for decent music games, and Britney was still a hottie back then.

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']Here it is... I got Ocarina of Time and I never finished it....[/quote]

I have it in the Zelda CE disk, and I almost didn't get past the first little town you start in, but I'm not much farther.

I keep thinking of more.

I got stuck on the TUTORIAL level to Max Payne (Xbox). I somehow missed the "enemies" button so that I could practice my shooting more. Some days, maybe even weeks later, I was able to get thru it and I even found the "secret room" so I was happy. :D

I then let my friend borrow it and he completed it before me and I even saw some later levels as I was over watching him play and basically the storyline was ruined and I never got back to it. :x

In 2003, I rented Max Payne 2 and beat it ...way before my friend. :cool:

[quote name='TXboxGuY']I keep thinking of more.

I got stuck on the TUTORIAL level to Max Payne (Xbox). I somehow missed the "enemies" button so that I could practice my shooting more. Some days, maybe even weeks later, I was able to get thru it and I even found the "secret room" so I was happy. :D

I then let my friend borrow it and he completed it before me and I even saw some later levels as I was over watching him play and basically the storyline was ruined and I never got back to it. :x

In 2003, I rented Max Payne 2 and beat it ...way before my friend. :cool:[/quote]

That's must've taken you a total of...eh...5 hours? :D

lets see, my first xbox game was azurik rise of perathia, ive never finished a final fantasy game, ie never played dreamcast, and i bought a ps2 for gta vice city.

When it comes down to it my two favorite games are Tunnels of Doom for the TI994A and the Arcade version of Xevious (shout out to CAG Member Xevious - nice name).

I bought an Xbox at launch for Oddworld, and had no idea what Halo was.

Also, I paid 70$ for what turned out to be a bootleg version of Mickey Mouse DDR for ps1. I win teh moron award.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='TXboxGuY']I keep thinking of more.

In 2003, I rented Max Payne 2 and beat it ...way before my friend. :cool:[/quote]

That's must've taken you a total of...eh...5 hours? :D[/quote]

I really didn't get into it until right before it was due back so I had to rent it a 2nd time. I'd say it was probably under 10 hours total playing time. Yeah, I know some were saying it was way short but then I had nothing to compare it to . . . I guess it was.

I still have yet to beat the final battle in Chrono-Trigger.

Also, I once lied to my gf's little brother and told him that I didn't have my GBA with me because I didn't want him screwing up my Golden Sun save.

I've never beaten a FF game ... yet.

I don't like survival horror games.. because I'm easily scared like hell. For goodness sakes I close my eyes half the time in the movies. So I haven't played RE or Silent Hill.

Never owned a SNES, Saturn, DC or Xbox (never will)

Being low on cash and itching to replace a broken system, I scammed a Playstation thanks to a friend working at Toys R Us. I returned a Sega Genesis + Sega CD to Toys R Us in 1998 after owning them for several years and received over $300 in store credit. Their return policy would allow customers to return anything, regardless of when it was purchased (and if you knew somebody who worked there -- without a receipt) for full original purchase price. :shock:

I traded my Neo Geo (cart system) + 5 games for a Japanese PlayStation 2 + 3 launch titles when it first came out. :cry:

I paid $750 for a Japanese Dreamcast + 3 launch titles when it first came out. :!:

I bought more than fifty copies of Madden from a department store going out of business, and over the course of 3 weeks my girlfriend and I traded them in for 4-6x their value at EB & Gamestop. This was back when you were allowed to trade-in more than 1 copy of the same game. :twisted:

I own 136 Xbox games. :lol:

bread's done
Back