Whats your zip code say about you? An interesting set of zip stats.

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
I came across this and its actually pretty interesting to look at.

www.zipskinny.com

Between social, and economic indicators to demographics.

What percent of your zip is at or below the poverty line?

What is the largest age group in your zip?

Nothing too special but interesting none the less.

Cool stuff. Seems that we are younger than most people in our neighborhood (knew that already), and that we make more than most of them (not too shabby).+

[quote name='FLSHADOW74']It's using 2000 census data so it's not the most recent but is very interesting.[/QUOTE]

It is the most recent national census.

Very interesting link. thanks for posting it as well.

I always wondered how many 40-49 year old divoriced women with 2 or more years of college and an income between 50,000-70,000 were in my neighborhood. Now i can go get me a sugar momma!

: )

Wow surprised at the quick response, figured it would drop with little to no interest. You can compare local zips as well.

The poverty thing is pretty crazy, as well as some of the demographic info.

Very interesting. Where I live now, our income is higher than 70% of the rest of the residents. If we moved 8 miles north, it would fall to 40%. I always thought the people with the money were moving away from this city.

[quote name='vietgurl']Below Poverty Line 47.5%
Median Household Income: $19,750

hmm...[/QUOTE]

Great zombie Jesus! Where in CA do you live!?

[quote name='vietgurl']Below Poverty Line 47.5%
Median Household Income: $19,750

hmm...[/QUOTE]

Wow, mine is $47,915 and 7% - and I live in a hick town...

Interesting stat in mine: the high school graduation rate is higher than U.S. average but the bachelor's degree stat is lower. I guess that makes sense for a semi-rural town. It astounds me that any slice of the population could only be 17.6% bachelor's or higher though.

The one age group severely lacking in my area: probably the prime CAG demographic of 20-29 year olds (it is 10.7% vs 16.4% for 10-19 and 14.8% for my group of 30-39). But then I could see why they wouldn't want to live here :lol:.

Vietgurl - do you still live in Berkeley, or is this a SoCal zip? Just for kicks I checked my Dad's zip code in the Berkeley Hills: median income $103,000, below poverty line 4.3%, high school grad 98.7% and bachelors and higher 81.6%! Wow, that does put my town to shame though...

bread's done
Back