When did Toys R Us stop pricematching? [Not a deal]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moffman82

CAGiversary!
I was in my local TRU a few days ago and inquired about pricematching a game. The guy in the electronics department informed me that they have never price matched as their prices always tend to be the best around any way. I thought this low level employee surely had to be misinformed. So when I left the store I called the store on my cell and inquired again as to their policy. The girl on the phone told me as a direct answer from her manager that they do not price match on any item other than baby merchandise and that they just started doing even that. I searched their website too and could find nothing. When I did a Yahoo search I found a price match policy for TRU but it was attached to some random url and of course is not locatable on TRU's website. Is this a shock to anyone else?

Toys R Us stresses to employees that they are to provide sufficient satisfaction and customer service and they rely on their wide range of products. They do NOT make it a point for cheap prices or price matching though. They drill that into your head that they won't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back