When do stores get their games in?

PsyClerk

CAGiversary!
As I'm anxiously anticipating Dyansty Warriors 5 this week, I'm wondering when your typical game store gets their shipments in (as in time of day). Normally this isn't an issue for me, but I happen to have the day off. I'd rather ask on here(I know there are some EB/GS employees on CAG) rather than annoy the employees, who would in turn tell me to check back in a month.

It depends on the store and the title... Most gaming stores get games 1-2 days before the release date. However, Walmart may take a week or might never get it.

Check the stores website, stores usually get it the day after it ships on the website, so if it shipped the first it will be in stores the second usually towards the afternoon.

When I worked at FuncoLand (now Gamestop), we usually got our shipments of new games in around 8:30 PM on Monday nights, but of course they cannot sell until Tuesday anyway. If you're not looking for new releases, then shipments can come at any time, really. Ours usually came in the evening, but we never put them out until the next day unless we were really bored.

Most new releases come in on Wednesdays, except for EA and Nintendo games, which often arrive in stores on Tuesdays. For bigger titles, sometimes EB and Gamestop will pick them up at the warehouse to sell them a day early (stuff like Madden, GTA, Tekken 5, etc.)

bread's done
Back