When do you think HL2: Eps 3 will be out?

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
omgz I just finished playing through HL2: Eps 2 and wow that was one heck of an ending! When do you guys think Valve will release Eps 3? And will that conclude this particular series of events? Or will it be carried on further via Eps 4, 5 and etc? Thanks in advance!

Not trying to threadcrap, because I really enjoyed Half Life one and two in their respective heydays :) but, seriously, after waiting forever and then finally playing the three hour episode two I totally lost interest in Half Life 2.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Not trying to threadcrap, because I really enjoyed Half Life one and two in their respective heydays :) but, seriously, after waiting forever and then finally playing the three hour episode two I totally lost interest in Half Life 2.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. :(

What didn't you like about it? I'm a casual gamer and the last FPS game I've played was Halo 3 on the 360. I agree that it was a bit on the short side, but I really liked how the story played out. The last fight scene was hectic as heck!

"When it's done." :)

Based on various interviews with Valve folk, it's my understanding that:

a.)The Orange Box was lucky timing; don't expect future HL releases to be as epic

b.)Ep3 will likely focus on a new aspect of combat and further refine the Source Engine. Ep2, for example, featured outdoor battles.

c.)Valve might rethink the episode concept for HL4 (they sorta consider Ep1-3 to represent HL3)

Probably early next year. Valve is known for taking their time... and they have a lot of time.

Not trying to threadcrap, because I really enjoyed Half Life one and two in their respective heydays :) but, seriously, after waiting forever and then finally playing the three hour episode two I totally lost interest in Half Life 2.

Three hours? Episode one was about that long but Episode 2 was more like 5 hours. After hearing about games like Medal of Honor Airborne and COD4, I don't think 5 hours is that bad for $30 game.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Probably early next year. Valve is known for taking their time... and they have a lot of time.[/quote]

I was extremely lucky I could run Episode 2 on my current 4 year old rig :( considering all the stuff they were saying that they were going to put into episode 2 like multi core support and other stuff HL2 didn't have in the first place which ran smoothly back in the day.

I don't like these episode time spans. The amount of time between releases could have been put to just making Half life 3.

The 3 episodes make up what would be half life 3.

Also maybe late 2009, I would bet on mid 2010.

bread's done
Back