When does gamestop.com charge for a pre-order

thejuggala

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've never really shopped much at Gamestop, I usually go with amazon, but Gamestop has been have a few good deals lately.

So I just pre-ordered Duke Nukem: Balls of Steel edition from them. And since I never really have pre-ordered before, I was wondering how it works?

Do they charge me the full price up front, or do I get charged at/around the time it gets ready to ship?

I'm not sure, but it should work the way it does in the store. Gamestop will take their interest free loan from you now, and then charge your card the remaining balance when the game ships.

I'm curious on this too. I want to just pre order gears of war 3 on gamestop.com to get my beta code. but I don't want to pre order and get charged all $60 right now

What Puffa said is correct, although they might not even charge you at all right now for pre-ordering. If anything, it'll be the standard $5 for a pre-order, or possibly $10 which is usually the standard reserve amount you have to put down to reserve a Collector's Edition. You shouldn't get charged the rest until your individual copy is shipped from their warehouse.

Generally, if the item you pre-order has a pre-order bonus you get before the game ships, they don't let you cancel the order. They don't charge you until the game ships though.

bread's done
Back