When is the next Gamestop Summer Sale?

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
For all of you who shop you Gamestop, you know what it is. Every Summer Gamestop stores have a big l table (more like a bin) in the middle of the store full of discounted games and such. I just wanted to know if anyone knows when it will be or if they still do them?

I actually asked when I was in there today, and they said there wasn't going to be one this year. Supposedly they've done away with it

Gamestop is now doing more trade-in deals and thus has discontinued many of their sales (Game Days, B2G1F, etc.) A lot of games with trade in promos are trading for almost what they sell it for with PUR card. For example, I just traded in a copy of Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon during their 7/$35 bonus deal and I received $26.25 in credit for it and they sell it for $34.99. If the buyer has PUR then they sell it for $31.50 (and make $5.25.) If they were to do a B2G1 sale as well and it was grouped with two other games priced $34.99 they would effectively sell it for $20.99 and LOSE $5.26.

Supposedly Gamestop had a rough year last year, and reevaluated things and a lot of the feedback they received back was people were doing more business with Best Buy and Amazon as they felt they got a better value for their trade in games so they shifted to more deals with trade ins.

All of that was from a couple Gamestop managers I am friendly with.

Supposedly Gamestop had a rough year last year, and reevaluated things and a lot of the feedback they received back was people were doing more business with Best Buy and Amazon as they felt they got a better value for their trade in games so they shifted to more deals with trade ins.

All of that was from a couple Gamestop managers I am friendly with.
^ This! I have talked with couple of managers that I know and they have resonated the same sentiments. They also seem to believe that they may be in better condition to compete aggressively this holiday season and plan on doing more aggressive sales than before during that time to stay competitive with Best Buy, Amazon, etc. That is why they have been doing promos that are trade heavy to keep stores inventory levels as up as possible to redistribute later when needed.

I think there may be some kind of summer sale soon. Play Summer or something. I was in yesterday putting some money down on my PS4 and saw them putting together some sale boxes, yellow with the deal name and game/price on them.

The only one I saw was Assassin's Creed 3 for $20 all systems. Oh and I guess I saw two others but no price, Scibblenauts and a gold xbox 360 controller.

Dropped by while I was out today and its called Summer Playcation and starts tomorrow, didn't ask for details or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back